• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

NINJATOES vs Wuffles

Not Meowth

Cat, are you drilling?
Challenge for Blaaaazhy~ Apparently I love partyswap gimmicks.

3vs3 Single
Style: Switch
DQ time: One Week
Damage Cap: 50%
Banned Moves: 1 Direct Healing Move per Pokémon, 3 Chills per Pokémon, OHKOs
Arena: Neon Colosseum

Situated high above the city and padded with soft coloured lights of various neon marquees, Neon Colosseum is if nothing else an impressive sight.
Based in the gambling quarters, originally the idea behind the arena was to test one's luck by mixing up each competitor's team with one another via a huge spinwheel... unfortunately players immediately figured out how to stop the wheel on exactly who they wanted, and so it was nixed in favour of a bit more direct method- although teams are still mixed, it's done by pick-and counterpicking, leaving competitors often playing against their own teams while trying to use Pokemon they are not used to in the slightest.
At the beginning of the match, a coin is flipped - and the winner gets first choice. They may choose any Pokémon from EITHER player's active party. From here, the second player may counterpick, and each will take turns until a full team is built based on the battle style limit.

Effects: At the beginning of the match, the coin flip decides who picks the first Pokémon. Both competitor's teams are pooled, and each person may pick any Poké from either's active party - be it their own or their opponents.
Competitors will takes turns in this order; as in - Winner picks, loser picks, winner picks, loser picks, winner picks, loser picks - making a full team of 3 for each side.
From there, the winner of the coin flip will choose which of their choices to send out first, the loser will attack, and the winner will attack - progressing the battle as normal.

ACTIVE SQUADS
NINJATOES's active squad
157.gif
[Khao] Typhlosion (M) <Blaze> @Magmarizer
---> SIG MOVE: Volatile Spirit
333.gif
[Lutchrium] Swablu (M) <Natural Cure>
336.gif
[Nithhoggr] Seviper (M) <Shed Skin> @Black Sludge
478.gif
[Yukianesa] Froslass (F) <Snow Cloak> @Nevermeltice
---> SIG MOVE: Pebble Jet
404.gif
[Retsurai] Luxio (M) <Intimidate> @Wide Lens
Body%3F.png
[Ua] Skelitten (M) <Pressure> @Dusk Stone
346.gif
[Phalanx] Cradily (M) <Suction Cups> @Big Root
290.gif
[Fantasma] Nincada (F) <Compoundeyes>
069.gif
[Raffelesia] Bellsprout (M) <Chlorophyll>
425.gif
[Xenon] Drifloon (M) <Aftermath> @Metronome

Wuffles' active squad
447.gif
[Amaturasu] Riolu (F) <Inner Focus> @Soothe Bell
---> SIG ATTRIBUTE: Fight Stance
447.gif
[Katsubousha] Riolu (M) <Inner Focus/Bad Dreams>
---> SIG ATTRIBUTE: Ghost Hotel
116.gif
[Zappa] Horsea (M) <Sniper> @Dragon Scale
041.gif
[Twitch] Zubat (F) <Insomnia> @Brightpowder
---> SIG MOVE: Coffee Break
---> SIG ATTRIBUTE: Caffeine Addiction
Body%3F.png
[Koray] Tsuki (M) <Levitate>
048.gif
[Evil Mothra] Venonat (F) <Tinted Lens>
304.gif
[Diana] Aron (F) <Rock Head>
220.gif
[Roomba] Swinub (F) <Snow Cloak>
167.gif
[Niflheim] Spinarak (F) <Sarm> @Silverpowder
---> SIG MOVE: Crimson Swarm
---> SIG ATTRIBUTE: Unwitting Royalty
412.gif
[The Grouch] Burmy (F) <Shed Skin> @EXP Share

And the RNG gods spaketh:
- NINJATOES picks Phalanx first
- Wuffles picks second
- NINJATOES picks third
- Wuffles picks fourth
- NINJATOES picks fifth
- Wuffles picks last
- Mikeh refs.

Last edited:
This thread title is highly approvable.

But FFFFFF STUPID RNG I wanted to nick Phalanx. >:C
Ffffffine I'll just have to steal Yukianesa instead. c: BROTHER!! ....ahem.

(Oh I forgot to mention but after this battle XP gained by stolen 'pokes can be transferred to one's actual active party after that match, like the Moony challenge I made, should clear that up now before I go causing damage on Blazhy's coin keke)

In that case, I'll round off my team with Nithhoggr. Looking forward to your first battle? :D

Also lol at the fact that my team is getting decimated while Dwagie's has hardly been touched.

Edit: Also I just got the BROTHER! thing. Oh, man, if only I had Ice Car in my active squad. If only.

...fff only one steal? >: But Blazhy your team is just as fire weak as mine I need to be taking Zappa to avoid being burnt alive-
And don't worry PBR stages obviously have magic water in them so water types can... float. woop.

Oh well, we've still got some infighting with Yukianesa here c:< RIDE THE ICENING!!

=PARTIES=

NINJATOES
346.gif
[Phalanx] Cradily (M) <Suction Cups> @Big Root
157.gif
[Khao] Typhlosion (M) <Blaze> @Magmarizer
---> SIG MOVE: Volatile Spirit
336.gif
[Nithhoggr] Seviper (M) <Shed Skin> @Black Sludge

Wuffles
478.gif
[Yukianesa] Froslass (F) <Snow Cloak> @Nevermeltice
---> SIG MOVE: Pebble Jet
447.gif
[Amaturasu] Riolu (F) <Inner Focus> @Soothe Bell
---> SIG ATTRIBUTE: Fight Stance
116.gif
[Zappa] Horsea (M) <Sniper> @Dragon Scale

Aaand the RNG gods say... oh my someone really hasn't been making their sacrifices have they.

- Wuffles sends out
- NINJATOES sends out and issues commands
- Wuffles issues commands
- I ref.

Right-o. Nithhoggr, you're up.

Also wow why didn't I take Katsu, or something. Maybe I'm just too attached to my 'mons. :>

Edit: Erm, Mike, I'm pretty sure that the winner of the coinflip - that is, me - sends out first. *prods arena description*

Last edited:
..Katsu would have eaten my face plus invoked a bitchin' rival theme when Ammy came up. >:
And Mike read the rules the initial role decides turn order so yeah Blazhy went first. >:c numpty.
BUT Anyway, it's probably somewhat obvious but Ammy is going first.

Firstly, we're going to look out for any stat-ups. If the thing tries any stat-ups like Stockpile, Copycat it. Don't need that. Also use Copycat if he Swaggers, Glares or uses Attract.

Secondly, be sure to Detect any attempts to poison - and block any Toxics since we can't return the favour.

Finally, if it's out last ditch, she'll be Quaking it. If it wants to try to pull a taunt or something? We'll shake 'im up~

Copycat / Detect / Earthquake x3

Okay, Nithhoggr, let's get going. Start out with a Wrap - and make it extra-tight! You don't wanna get 'quaked, do you? Given size differences and such, as well as that spectacular attack stat you've got, you should be able to hold Ammy down, no problem! If it helps, try to make it so that Ammy doesn't touch the ground. Anything to prevent those Earthquakes!
Since you're pretty long and whatnot, you should have no trouble twisting your head around and firing a barrage of Sludge Bombs at her. It shouldn't damage you, since you're Poison-type, and even if it does then it won't do too much. And what's the point of Detect if you can't move? C:<
If Ammy ever gets loose, Protect against an Earthquake if one's coming, and Wrap her again at the soonest opportunity.

Wrap/Protect ~ Sludge Bomb/Protect/Wrap ~ Sludge Bomb/Protect/Wrap

Last edited:
(Oh I forgot to mention but after this battle XP gained by stolen 'pokes can be transferred to one's actual active party after that match, like the Moony challenge I made, should clear that up now before I go causing damage on Blazhy's coin keke)
Well, no, the experience will go to the pokémon that actually fought as normal.

hnn- ...That sort of makes the party swap idea a bit undesirable, rather unfortunate.. l: But, we can still use an XP Share to pass it over while the other person's Poké is still in our party, right? Was probably my plan to hand it over to The Grouch anyway..

Well, it wouldn't make sense to have it be a free lunch. "I'll use your alakazam and then give all the experience it gets to my larvitar!"

EXP share will pull off your own pokémon, so whatever blazheirio889 uses of yours. It works as usual... although the first post doesn't list your burmy as holding anything.

Well, it's not intended as a free lunch - it's meant to be a fairer way to split up parties with the same 'Doing better for better reward' dynamic of a regular match - so as long as you're using a Pokémon, the better you do with them the more your party is rewarded.
I guess I can understand not having a free XP Line, but in the same way using someone else's traded Pokémon in your party temporarily will still split XP via XP share ingame, I think it should at least be legitimate to use the item in matches where we might be using each other's.

Also, I think that's just Mike forgetting to put it down, Burmy has been holding the EXP Share since I got it and it is listed fully in my profile.. dunno why he skipped it.

Well, it's not intended as a free lunch - it's meant to be a fairer way to split up parties with the same 'Doing better for better reward' dynamic of a regular match - so as long as you're using a Pokémon, the better you do with them the more your party is rewarded.
I guess I can understand not having a free XP Line, but in the same way using someone else's traded Pokémon in your party temporarily will still split XP via XP share ingame, I think it should at least be legitimate to use the item in matches where we might be using each other's.

Also, I think that's just Mike forgetting to put it down, Burmy has been holding the EXP Share since I got it and it is listed fully in my profile.. dunno why he skipped it.
... OTL I need to stop messing stuff up here. *edits the EXP Share in*

and you know why I missed it, it's because I'm a derp

Last edited:
=ROUND ONE=

Perhaps the most garish, showy arena ever conceived by mankind, the extravagantly-illuminated Neon Colosseum is the stage for today's battle. Shielding his eyes from the light, the referee glances around the platform on which the competitors are stood; all around are enormous, colourful signs surrounding the spotlight-trimmed, apparently floating coliseum. In the distance stand a crowd of impossibly tall buildings, blasting out, guess what, lights, in every tacky neon colour conceivable. The referee rubs his head; unsurprisingly the lights are prompting the onset of dizziness. He turns to the blurry figures of the trainers participating in the battle; he can vaguely make out the silhouettes of a young girl, pawing the ground viciously with her feet, and of an excited, fancy-hatted Riolu glancing around eagerly at the colours. Finally, he spots the shadow of a large, vertical, roulette-style wheel. You can probably guess what's all over it. Apart from the lights, each segment of the wheel contains a small portrait of a Pokémon- a Cradily, two Riolu, a Froslass, an Aron, and so on, each representing a different member of each player's team. The referee gestures to it, and the trainers make their way over.

One coin-toss later and Blazhy eagerly puts her foot on a low-down handle of the wheel, giving it a sharp kick and sending the wheel whirling around at blinding speed. She makes sure to hold the Wiimote towards the bottom of the wheel and press A when Phalanx reaches the top, before remembering she's not actually using a Nintendo Wii, and just praying to the RNG Gods with all her strength. Sure enough, the wheel ticks round to the portrait of the Cradily. Blazhy celebrates, while Dwagie stomps forward grumpily and punches the side of the wheel in frustration, sending it spinning frantically once more until it rests on a picture of a Froslass. Relatively satisfied with her pick, Dwagie steps down to allow Blazhy to take her next choice. Two choices each later, the two have each racked up a three-Pokémon team consisting of members from each trainer's active squad. After a brief exchange of Pokéballs, the referee calls the first round to a start. The trainers send out, Blazhy leading with Nithhoggr the Seviper, and Dwagie countering her opponent's choice with Amaturasu the Riolu. The two battlers turn to face each other as the commands are issued, and the round begins!

NINJATOES (ƟƟƟ)
Seviper
Nithhoggr (M)
Ability: Shed Skin
Health: 100% | Energy: 100%
Item: Black Sludge
Chills: 0/3
Direct healing: 0/1
Commands: Wrap/Protect ~ Sludge Bomb/Protect/Wrap ~ Sludge Bomb/Protect/Wrap

Wuffles (ƟƟƟ)
Ammy.png

Amaturasu (F)
Ability: Inner Focus
Health: 100% | Energy: 100%
Item: Soothe Bell
Commands: Copycat / Detect / Earthquake ~ Copycat / Detect / Earthquake ~ Copycat / Detect / Earthquake

While his opponent is incapacitated with her fascination at the bright, showy lights, Nithhoggr stealthily drags his body across the neon surface of the arena, drawing closer to Amaturasu. The Riolu feels a smooth, moist surface beginning to coil around her foot, and looks down to see Nithhoggr's body constricting her legs. Yelping in horror she tries to kick the serpent's coils away, but her legs are pinned tight together as Nithhoggr twists his long body around her, until everything from her feet up to her neck is tightly entwined. Groaning, she struggles futilely, trying desperately to touch her feet to the ground to get out the faintest of stomps, but her scaly prison prevents absolutely all movement. The constriction begins to make her short of breath; she breathes in deeply to counteract it, and as her chest heaves inwards, Nithhoggr slides his coils a bit tighter with a malicious hiss.

Nitthoggr sways his head around to look at Ammy's terrified face, cyanosis beginning to set in slightly on her agonised visage. Opening his jaws, the Seviper reveals a mass of sickening purple goo coating his mouth and fangs which drips thickly from his lips onto Amaturasu's forehead. The substance hits her with a disgusting splat; it smells foul, and begins to corrode the fur on her scalp. Poison leaks liberally from his fangs into his mouth, and after working it into a solid ball his jaws swing wide to push the horrendous mess out onto his encased foe. Slowly it drips out before the entire clump drops loose, hitting Amaturasu's skull with considerable force and bursting into tiny, disgusting blobs with a tremendous squelch. The Riolu squeals, in disgust more than in pain, as the caustic sludge covers her exposed, defenceless head, burning her skin and fur. She takes another gasp of breath, inhaling a good portion of the goo, but unable to cough it up due to Nithhoggr crushing in on her ribcage as her chest depresses again. Ammy can no longer tell if she's hallucinating from asphyxiation or just soberly looking at the lights around the arena. With a final, sadistic squeeze, the Seviper uncoils, dropping his suffering opponent to the floor and allowing goo to slip off his coils and soak her body. Coughing and retching to evacuate the inhaled venom and get her breath back, Ammy picks up her bruised body, wondering if her limbs look a little more purple than usual or whether it's just her imagination; that attack certainly did her circulation no favours. Growling, she turns to Nitthoggr and prepares to exact her revenge.

Furiously, she begins to stomp on the ground hard, venom rolling off her body as she hits the ground with all the force her little legs can muster. The arena begins to shake beneath her feet, and the trainers and referee steady themselves wearily as the rocking platform sways every which way. Ammy begins jumping and striking the ground with both feet, sending tremendous ripples through the floor, finally breaking it, sending cracks spreading through it at tremendous speed. Nitthoggr snickers evilly as a light blue shield of light suddenly flashes before him seconds before the cracks make their way to his side of the arena. The ground splinters beneath him, but the jagged created by the cataclysmic geological activity simply break up before him, and the cracks form a fork around the bubble, shooting right past the smug serpent. Sparks burst from the fissures as the power cables and lights rupture, and smoke fills the arena as it slowly shudders to a halt. Gasping in fatigue, Ammy looks up through the smokescreen to see her opponent smashed to a bloody pul-WHAT. The hazy figure of a Seviper emerges from the thinning nebula, without a scratch on it, a split fork of fissures running right around it. Ammy gasps in horror as Nithhoggr gives a dark, hissing laugh at her pathetic failure, and kicks a chunk of displaced metal from the floor. It hits a crack and releases a violent burst of sparks all over her body, causing her to squeal and hit the deck. Clearly things just aren't going to go right for her at all this match.

NINJATOES (ƟƟƟ)
Seviper
Nithhoggr (M)
Ability: Shed Skin
Health: 100% | Energy: 80%
Item: Black Sludge
Commands: Wrap ~ Sludge Bomb ~ Protect

Wuffles (ƟƟƟ)
Ammy.png

Amaturasu (F)
Ability: Inner Focus
Health: 86% | Energy: 89%
Item: Soothe Bell
Commands: nothing ~ nothing ~ Earthquake

=Referee's Notes=
~ the arena is now cracked all over. Electricity is bursting from the fissures every couple of seconds.
~ Wrap lasted 2 actions.
~ Amaturasu was unable to act while wrapped, but used a little energy each action she was trapped through struggling.

=Next Round=
~ NINJATOES issues commands.
~ Dwagie issues commands.
~ I ref.​

Alright, Nithhoggr! That was excellent! But since we're attacking first we probably won't be able to keep this up haha.

Grrrargh, why doesn't Seviper have Disable :< This would be so much easier if it did... Eh, anyway. Start with a 20% Substitute and then... okay what why does Riolu get Magnet Rise? What. Not that I was planning to use Earthquake, but... honestly. o.O
Okay, that aside. Throw a Natural Gift at Amaturasu on the second action, but if she's going to Counter, switch to Flamethrower; sweep it back and forth if there are clones. If she's Protecting or Detecting or Digging or whatever, give me a 15% Stockpile.
Last action, Taunt her. If she's inaccessible in any way (Protect, Detect, what have you - Substitute doesn't count), make yourself say, 3 clones with Double Team. However, if Ammy's underground at this point, Earthquake - yeah I sorta lied so what. If she's preparing Counter for that Earthquake, so much the better - she'd be underground, too, and no doubt she'd get caught up in her own attack.

Substitute (20%) ~ Natural Gift/Flamethrower/Stockpile (15%) ~ Taunt/Double Team/Earthquake

(Pst Blazhy Ammy can't even use dig she's missing an arm it would be difficult xP )

l: This is why Wrap was patched after first gen.

Okay, it's no matter. Let it put a sub up, we want to be faster - so lead off with an Agility.
Now that we'll be booking it, there's no need to counter; so cut him off with an Anticipate. ((Me First; but that's the worst move name ever)) Now his commands indicate he -will- attack you, but in case he doesn't for some reason, fall back to simply Quaking again and wearing that sub down all the same.
Finally, we can play with dolls too; even if you must get riled up and smash his face in, we can pull a Substitute of our own beforehand and block his next nasties. Make it a 15%, it doesn't look like it has anything that can break 15% damage in a single action to you. c:
Of course, if something goes wrong for action three here, fall back to Crunching him. No matter what happens action two, it should be enough to get rid of that sub and use a tad less energy; but that should be irrelevant, focus on the sub.

Agility ~ Me First / Earthquake ~ Substitute (15%) / Crunch

Back
Top Bottom