• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

In Progress Pokémon Academy: Dedication Through Light and Darkness

Uchiha Sasuke

Pokémon Academy: Dedication Through Light and Darkness

This fan fiction is different from most. It is not the usual OT fic or journey fic. The title has something to do with the plot later on. If you stick around you will see If you wish to be apart of the PM list then tell me in your post or in a PM. I've talked way to much, now enjoy!

Chapter List

New Students Arc
Chapter 1: Exams! March 21, 2010
Chapter 2: Arrival to the Academy! March 25, 2010

Pokémon Academy: Dedication Through Light and Darkness

Chapter 1: Exams!

Pokemon are very mysterious creatures. They come in all different shapes, sizes, and colors. Each one comes with its own set of unique powers, some that aren’t known yet. Humans have learned to coexist with Pokemon; some have not. There are humans who are afraid of Pokemon and some who use them to get what they want. Some humans, called Pokemon trainers catch Pokemon and pit their creatures against another trainer’s in a battle. Other show off their super powered pals in a contest; these people are called Pokemon Coordinators. To become one of these trainers, one usually goes to a trainer’s school. To get into a trainer’s school, a person must pass the entrance exam or impress the school administration enough that they let them in.

“I’m so excited,” a boy muttered to himself. “To be accepted into the Pokemon Academy would be awesome!”

The boy was sitting in what looked like a fairly small arena. Blue seats surrounded five battlefields, a railing protecting anyone from falling onto the fields. Many people were there. Some were sitting in the seats; some were on the fields in the midst of a battle. Most of the kids were acting just like the young boy; sitting and thinking or talking to themselves.

“Jyharri Ahmed,” said a voice through an intercom at the top of the wall. “Report to field four.”

The boy stood up, looking around. His black over shirt complimented the red undershirt he was wearing. His black jeans seemed to be almost very tight, pressing against his legs. As Jyharri walked towards the field his red sneakers squeaked against the tile floors. As he reached the field, another boy was walking away from it. The boy wore a white sleeveless shirt with black jeans.

“Hey,” he said as Jyharri was by him. “Are you going to field four?”

“Yeah I am,” Jyharri replied.

The boy laughed. “Good luck then. The proctor is very good. I barely won.”

Jyharri simply nodded at him. “I’m not a push over. I’m also very good.”

The boy laughed. He patted Jyharri on the shoulder which basically said, “Yeah right.”

“My name’s Brandon by the way,” the boy held out his hand.

“Jyharri,” Jyharri told him as he shook his hand.

“Hope to see you at school,” said Brandon as he walked off.

Jyharri looked at the field he was heading to. The proctor there wore a blue blazer that stopped at the feet. As Jyharri walked closer, he noticed the proctor was a female. Her black hair covered her face, save for her left eye. Jyharri’s hair parted above his forehead, coming down to his cheeks. As the young boy approached the proctor, she turned around.

“Are you Jyharri?” she asked.

Jyharri nodded as he took a big gulp, trying to calm himself down. He pulled out one of his Pokeballs and showed the proctor he was ready for his battle.

“You’re eager aren’t you?” she asked, chuckling a little.

The proctor also took out one Pokeball and tossed it into the air. As the ball reached its maximum height, it opened, shooting out a white light. The light hit the ground and formed a medium-sized purple creature. It had a huge mouth with yellow lips and peg like teeth on each corner.

“A Loudred huh,” Jyharri said as he chuckled. “Zangoose, stand by!”

Jyharri tossed his Pokeball onto the field, it opening and releasing the same white light. This time the light formed a creature that was mostly white in color. It possessed deep red markings on its face, chest and paws.

“Ok trainer,” the proctor yelled. “This will be a two on two battle! You win and you’re in the Academy. You lose; well all I have to say is better luck next year. You may start first.”

Jyharri chuckled once more. “Ladies first,” he said with a little bow.

“Big mistake,” said the proctor. “Loudred, use Stomp!”

Loudred jumped high in the air, positioning himself over Zangoose. As the purple creature fell, he brought down his right foot.

“Zangoose, block,” Jyharri told his Pokemon.

Zangoose smiled and crossed his claws over his head. As Jyharri thought, Loudred landed on Zangoose’s claws, no damage done to Zangoose.

“Throw it,” Jyharri said as he pointed towards the roof.

Zangoose pushed Loudred back into the air, higher than before. Zangoose didn’t need a command for the next attack. He knew what his trainer was thinking. The Cat Ferret Pokemon jumped into the air, his left claw surrounded by what looked like electricity. The claw turned different shades of purple and pink as Zangoose flew through the air. When Zangoose and Loudred were on the same level, Zangoose brought his claw down onto Loudred’s head, knocking him into the ground.

“Finish him,” ordered Jyharri.

As Zangoose came down, his claws started to glow white. Zangoose turned his body so that his face was towards the ground, claws ready to strike. Jyharri smiled as his Pokemon slammed into the proctors, bashing and beating it with his claws. As Zangoose jumped back, Jyharri gave it a “good job” pet on the head.

“That is one powerful Pokemon,” the proctor complimented as she recalled her Loudred. “Are you ready for my next Pokemon?”

Jyharri simply nodded as he recalled his own Pokemon and pulled out his second Pokeball.

“Go Kricketune!” the proctor cried as she tossed her Pokeball.

Out of her second Pokeball came a red Pokemon that resembled a conductor or stringed instrument. It had a mustache, two small feet, black wings, and scythes for hands.

“Eevee, stand by!” Jyharri shouted, tossing his own Pokeball.

After the white light disappeared a small fox like creature was on Jyharri’s side of the field. It had brown fur, a bushy tail that has a cream-colored tip, and a furry collar that is also cream-colored. It also had brown eyes and big ears.

“Eevee use Quick Attack!” Jyharri told the small Normal type.

Eevee ran towards Kricketune, only seen as a cream colored blur. As Eevee neared the Bug Pokemon, Kricketune put his scythe like arms down in front of him, points out.

“Eevee stop!” Jyharri called out.

The Normal Pokemon was lucky his trainer had a quick mind. Eevee barely managed to stop right before Kricketune’s sharp arms. Eevee looked up at Kricketune, a mad look on her face. Kricketune smiled as he swatted Eevee back to Jyharri.

“Kricketune doesn’t like it when other Pokemon get into his bubble,” the proctor told Jyharri. “You’ll have to try something else.”

“Try a Shadow Ball,” Jyharri decided.

Eevee jumped back to her feet and opened his mouth wide. Black energy started to gather in her mouth in the form of a ball. Jyharri pointed his finger at Kricketune, signaling to fire away. The ball was launched from Eevee’s mouth and flew towards Kricketune. Kricketune tried to scuttle out of the way, but the attack was too fast for the bug type. The proctor was shocked to see her Pokemon hit the ground.

“Are you all right buddy?” the proctor asked Kricketune.

Kricketune replied with a click, shakily getting up.

“Eevee use Tackle now!” Jyharri shouted.

Eevee dashed towards Kricketune, just like before, but much slower. As Eevee collided with Kricketune, the Bug Pokemon started to glow white as he crossed his arms. He didn’t even move an inch either.

“What gives?” Jyharri asked confused. “Eevee’s Tackle connected, but Kricketune didn’t take damage or even move.”

“You are an amazing trainer yet you don’t know the power of Bide?” the proctor asked. “This next attack should be fun. Release it!”

Kricketune pushed out his arms, releasing the light. As the light his Eevee, she flew back towards her trainer, hitting the ground hard.

The proctor started to clap her hands together as she said, “Well that’s that.”

“I don’t think so,” Jyharri said, an angry look on his face. “Don’t underestimate my Pokemon!”

As the proctor looked across the field, she could see Eevee starting to stand up. The Normal type was shaking as she got up, but she got up regardless. The proctor seemed surprised as Jyharri laughed.

“Eevee hit Kricketune with Iron Tail!” Jyharri yelled.

Eevee ran towards Kricketune, her tail starting to glow. As she was about to reach Kricketune, Eevee jumped. Flipping in the air, Eevee gained momentum as she fell towards Kricketune. The proctor gasped as Kricketune did too. Eevee slammed her tail into Kricketune’s head, knocking him into the ground.

“Now it’s over,” Jyharri said as he pulled out Eevee’s Pokeball.

“Congratulations,” the proctor said, still somewhat surprised. “And welcome to the Pokemon Academy.”

The proctor recalled her fallen Pokemon back into its ball as Jyharri did the same with Eevee. The proctor walked over to Jyharri and handed him a card. The card read, “Welcome to Pokemon Academy! If you are in possession of this card, you have passed the entrance exam. Congratulations! Boats leave for the Academy tomorrow at 9:00 AM sharp. Don’t forget to register the first day of school!”

“Sweet,” Jyharri exclaimed. “I can’t wait!”

“Good luck at the Academy,” the proctor told Jyharri.

“Thanks,” Jyharri told her as he ran off to go tell everyone he knew.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

A short beginning chapter, but it is only the beginning.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom