• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

blazheirio889 & Fish and Ships vs. RandomTyphoon & Kam

M&F

tikitok
Pronoun
any
1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 1 Tag Battle (four people, one Pokemon per person)
Style: Set (like we have a choice)
DQ time: Standard week
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Destiny Bond.
Restricted Moves: chills limited to 5 per Pokemon, direct healing limited to 1 per Pokemon
Arena: Someplace Boring

Yes, it’s someplace boring. So boring, in fact, that whoever discovered it couldn’t be arsed to think of a name for it. So why are a whooping four trainers congregating here to have a battle? Because we can’t be zipping around with Adrenapacks or swiping Pokemon from another trainer’s party or getting drunk at bars in Manhattan every day. There’s only so much excitement and exhilaration a citizen of Asber can contain before they implode.

Anyway, moving on with the actual description. Someplace Boring is a large, grassy field dotted with trees and small lakes. The trees are generally rather large, with thick, spreading branches crowned with thickets of leaves. While sturdy, the trees obviously have a limit, and branches can be snapped off with powerful attacks or simply sheer weight. The lakes, though small, are large enough to accommodate the average water Pokemon, and can supply water for moves such as Surf.

The ground is easy on the feet: lush, soft, and springy. It’s easily torn, though, so Pokemon will have no trouble using Dig and the like. Additionally, there is enough sand and small debris to go around, enabling the use of Sand Attack, Sand Tomb, etc.

Notes: The teams will be arranged as follows: me (blazheirio889) with Fish and Ships versus RandomTyphoon and Kammington. En garde!

Boring Team With Names That End With Different Sounds:

blazheirio889's active squad:
- Eledancia (Female Ralts - Synchronize)
- Lutchrium (Male Swablu - Natural Cure)
- Sceratio (Male Trapinch - Arena Trap)
- Yukianesa (Female Froslass - Snow Cloak - Signature Move: Pebble Jet - @Nevermeltice)
- Khionas (Female Seel - Hydration)
- Ua (Male Skelitten - Pressure - @Dusk Stone)
- Phalanx (Male Cradily - Suction Cups - @Big Root)
- Fantasma (Female Nincada - Compoundeyes)
- Raffelesia (Male Bellsprout - Chlorophyll)
- Niflheim (Male Eevee - Run Away)

Fish and Ships' one-man army:
- Pancake (Female Skelitten - Pressure)

Unexciting Team With Names That End With The Same Sound:

RandomTyphoon's active squad:
- Alias (Male Squirtle - Torrent - Body Mod: Light Weight Leg)
- Cheshire (Male Gastly - Levitate)
- Dexter (Male Cacturne - Sand Veil)
- Shawn (Male Girafarig - Early Bird)
- Zenigata (Male Skarmory - Keen Eye)
- Private Eye Lucas (Male Psyduck - Damp)
- Kuudere (Female Barboach - Oblivious)
- Jungle Boogie (Male Tropius - Chlorophyll)
- Lemiri (Male Doduo - Early Bird)
- Driežas (Male Treecko - Overgrow)

Kam's active squad:
- Kappa (Male Marshtomp - Torrent - Signature Attribute: Natural Leader)
- Envy (Female Midreavus - Levitate - @Dusk Stone)
- Zero (Genderless Bronzong - Levitate)
- Tesla (Female Mareep - Water Absorb - Signature Attribute: Sponge Wool)
- Toad Man (Male Croagunk - Dry Skin)
- Dangermouse (Male Nidoran - Poison Point)
- Frosty (Male Snover - Snow Warning - Signature Move: Huababa-Barrage - @Lucky Egg)
- Stinky Joe (Male Stunky - Aftermath)
- Lexington (Female Sentret - Keen Eye)
- Fudgie (Male Wailmer - Oblivious)

The R$1 coin flipped by none other than the mighty RNG tells this tale:
- blazheirio889 and Fish and Ships send out
- RandomTyphoon and Kam send out and issue commands
- blazheirio889 and Fish and Ships issue commands
- The only faction in this battle with a single member refs

Last edited:
Well! I wasn't expecting this so soon. Of course, I would've preferred if Green got his Pokemon before this, but eh, I don't think it really matters. Thanks, MF. :)

'Kay, I'll lead with Eledancia.

Didn't Kam tell you all I was going to ref this?

Also, since I did accept this battle twenty minutes after the challenge was done being made, I suppose it's fair to let Fish and Ships use the newer additions to the squad. Though I suppose I'll only really be able to do it once there's a post in the Pokémon Registration Office.

GO PANCAKE I CHOOSE YOU

Sorry I'm late. D: Am I doing it right?

If so

PANCAKE YAY

Well, if you have no intention of using either one of the Pokémon you picked up at the Black Market, I suppose it's not really necessary to update your active squad.

Okay, we'll start out simple.

I want you to begin with an Ingrain. Then, continue to use Leech Seed. Use it on Pancake, but if he's inaccessible or already seeded, use it on the Ralts instead.

If you get Taunted, Shadow Ball on Pancake, Icy Wind, and then Shadow Ball (Pancake). In that order.

Ingrain/Shadow Ball (Pancake) ~ Leech Seed (Pancake)/Leech Seed (Ralts)/Icy Wind ~ Leech Seed (Pancake)/Leech Seed (Ralts)/Shadow Ball (Pancake)

Erm, Green, it's not your turn to issue commands yet.

(Additionally there are 3 actions in a round, and I'd like to discuss some stuff with you first)

hhhnng!

Woop. All right, teach this sucker how it's done. I take it he's attacking you, so counter Bone Rush with Dark Pulse. Match his Shadow Ball with Payback. Then, I want you to try and win over Eledancia with your serrial killer charm. Attract

Dark Pulse@Pancake~Payback@Pancake~Attract@Eledancia

Our turn nao?

Let's boost your power with Swords Dance, followed up with Sunny Day, then go crazy on his ass with Fury Cutter.

Protect~Fury Cutter@Dexter x2

...uh, your commands indicate you're doing:

Swords Dance ~ Sunny Day ~ Fury Cutter

But your actions say otherwise.

...Green, you might want to edit your post later, so your description matches your command string xD; Also, remember to tell Pancake to wait on the second action!

Anyway, Eledancia, we'll have to play defensive this round, but we'll get on the offense next round, don't you worry. Wait for Frosty to use Ingrain, and then Taunt him. After that, Trick Room, so you can go first, not to mention our team gives commands last next round again ;D End by positioning yourself between Frosty and Pancake, then use Protect to shield your partner from Shadow Ball, as well as curbing that Attract.

Taunt @Frosty ~ Trick Room ~ Protect

Last edited:
1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 1 Tag Battle (four people, one Pokemon per person)
Style: Set (like we have a choice)
DQ time: Standard week
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Destiny Bond.
Restricted Moves: chills limited to 5 per Pokemon, direct healing limited to 1 per Pokemon
Notes: The teams will be arranged as follows: me (blazheirio889) with Fish and Ships versus RandomTyphoon and Kammington. En garde!

Round 1

blazheirio889 (O)
Currently out: Eledancia
Ralts
Female Ralts
Ability: Synchronize
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Condition: Calmly awaiting for the beggining of the action.
Commands: Taunt (Frosty) ~ Trick Room ~ Protect

Fish and Ships (O)
Currently out: Pancake
skullkitten-1.png

Female Skelitten
Ability: Pressure
Condition: Excited, though slightly nervous.
Commands: Protect ~ Fury Cutter (Dexter)(Wait for Payback) ~ Fury Cutter (Dexter)

RandomTyphoon (O)
Currently out: Dexter
Cacturne
Male Cacturne
Ability: Sand Veil
Condition: Stoic, merely awaiting for his chance to commence the destruction.
Commands: Dark Pulse (Pancake) ~ Payback (Pancake) ~ Attract (Eledancia)

Kam (O)
Currently out: Frosty
Snover
Male Snover
Ability: Snow Warning
Condition: Seems to be running away from something desperately.
Commands: Ingrain/Shadow Ball (Pancake) ~ Leech Seed (Pancake)/Leech Seed (Eledancia)/Icy Wind ~ Leech Seed (Pancake)/Leech Seed (Eledancia)/Shadow Ball (Pancake)

Arena: Someplace Boring
Yes, it’s someplace boring. So boring, in fact, that whoever discovered it couldn’t be arsed to think of a name for it. So why are a whooping four trainers congregating here to have a battle? Because we can’t be zipping around with Adrenapacks or swiping Pokemon from another trainer’s party or getting drunk at bars in Manhattan every day. There’s only so much excitement and exhilaration a citizen of Asber can contain before they implode.

Anyway, moving on with the actual description. Someplace Boring is a large, grassy field dotted with trees and small lakes. The trees are generally rather large, with thick, spreading branches crowned with thickets of leaves. While sturdy, the trees obviously have a limit, and branches can be snapped off with powerful attacks or simply sheer weight. The lakes, though small, are large enough to accommodate the average water Pokemon, and can supply water for moves such as Surf.

The ground is easy on the feet: lush, soft, and springy. It’s easily torn, though, so Pokemon will have no trouble using Dig and the like. Additionally, there is enough sand and small debris to go around, enabling the use of Sand Attack, Sand Tomb, etc.
Arena status: Strange stormclouds threaten to come along...

-----​

A boring walk leads five -- boring number, one would say -- youngsters to a boring battlefield in some boring place nobody cares where.

The lack of thrill is refreshing, for a change. The referee can, for example, breathe the relief that police would take ages to arrive should destruction ensue again. Asber doesn't have the resources to deal with it if its citizens just decide to blow cities into molten dust everyday. Nor do said citizens would manage to deal with so much adrenaline without lasting consequences.

Metallica Fanboy dug something out of his backpack. It was a box with four holes on it. He told the trainers to dig their arms in and grab the first ball they can get ahold of. Even if he made it sound slightly obscene, the four other people did as he commanded. blazheirio889 and Fish and Ships both picked up red spheres; the ones that ventured outside the box in RandomTyphoon's and Kam's hands were both blue.

Two teams were formed; the referee made ridiculously long names for each one of them on the fly, and each tag went to its own assigned side of the unventful grassland. They exchanged murmurs; after all, having a strategy is important when you have two opponents to deal with and one ally to rely on.

Four Pokéballs flew on the field; the difference was made clear, though, because the silloute each one revealed looked nothing like the others. Clearly, all different sorts of Pokémon would be employed in this match.

blazheirio889 sent out a small Pokémon with a vaguely human shape, similar to a child wearing white. Fish and Ships' Pokémon was notably larger, though still petite in comparison to a teenager; it looked like a normal black cat on many aspects, except for the fact its head was an exposed skull on fire. Blue fire. Other aspects, such as the bony paws and the distinct tail, also set a difference between that critter and an average feline.

On the other end of the battlefield, a bulky, vaguely round form turned into a Pokémon resembling a tree with snow over. He flailed his arms wildly, trying to holler something about the end of the world, panicking. Indeed, the five people around the arena did feel the temperature drop a little, but that did not quite sound like the apocalypse.

The final Pokémon to be revealed was far taller than every other; the tip of his head was high enough to be approximately in line with his own trainer's chest. A creature of faint green skin, dotted with spikes along the limbs.

Albeit not without a bit of relatively long discussion, commands were issued. Once every last one was finally in, the referee raised the flag and signaled for the battle to commence. Just then, everybody noticed strange stormclouds looming over the field. Kam's Pokémon seemed inclined to take this as a confirmation of the theory he presented earlier.

Dexter immediately opened the round. Terrifying thoughts that could only be mustered up by a truly torn mind boiled inside his head. With a bout of rage, he lunged for his target, firing a volley of dark purple blasts from his wrists. Pancake may have panicked slightly, but realized he was safe behind the green veil that stopped the incoming attack right in its tracks.

Meanwhile, Frosty still ran back and forth across the battlefield, insisting on his end-of-world tirade. With a shy laugh, Eledancia began commenting on how ridiculous her opponent sounded. He immediately felt taunted, making his dismay with the enemy's disagreement loud and clear. Summoning Ghost-type powers, he began forming an ethereal orb in front of his arms. He pulled an arm back, ready to fire... At a completely unrelated target. The Shadow Ball, however, also merely degenerated away as it failed to trespass into the Skelitten's shield.

As it faded, though, the undead kitten began playing a waiting game against the opposing scarecrow/cactus hybrid. They stared each other down until RandomTyphoon's Pokémon at last lost his his cool, letting surges of dark energy pump within his pulse. He launched a flurry of bitter punches; though it would have proven much more effective if true bitterness fueled it, the attack seemed to have done enough that way, as the victim laid limp on the ground for a couple of seconds, dizzy. She tried to mount up a counterstrike with a frail swipe of her flesh deprived claws, but it was blocked off effortlessly.

Noticing that the tides were shifting against her tag, Eledancia ran for her partner's position to supply backup; however, both her and her teammate were suddenly blasted by a gust of terribly cold wind. Frosty pointed at them, trying to make them regret doubting him.

The referee stretched his hand out, noticing something strange occouring. The stormclouds that were spotted beforehand were now covering the skies, pebbles falling out from them. It was, unmistakably, a hailstorm. The cold winds made everyone but the Snover feel heavier; the Ralts and the Skelitten were particularly slowed down, as they had just been struck by a freezing gust.

blazheirio889's Pokémon was unwilling to let things work this way, though. She entered a state of deep focus, reaching the flow of time with her psychic powers. She then forced it to change its course. A pink net of sorts spread through the battlefield and began distorting itself along with the objects above it. The dimensions were distorted, and now the last would be first. The user of this move felt a sudden burst of speed, but didn't seem to have much use for it.

Frosty let the blood (or chlorophyll or whatever) rise up to his head, on the other hand. Leaving no time for dodging or defending, he shot a ghastly projectile similar to the one he fired earlier. However, Eledancia interfered, making an almost sacrifical leap to take the attack for her partner. She wasn't intending to be hit either, though, which was revealed by the presence of a faint green veil that altogether deintegrated the incoming blast. The Ralts had to land awkwardly, but, for now, her duty was done.

Dexter then elegantly marched toward the downed opponent, offering to help her stand back up. His wooing was interrupted, however, by one hardy Skelitten that ran back to aid her teammate even while she was considerably hurt by earlier assault. The Fury Cutter now caught its target off guard, sending them fumbling a couple of steps backward. A faint green glow began to form around the sharp, bony paws.

Metallica Fanboy sighed. The hailstorm was really annoying. It mercilessly pattled everyone standing around in the arena. The Pokémon were no exception; actually, Frosty seemed to be the only not minding the cold pebbles that rained down the skies and littered the grass that previously was so easy on the feet.

Round 1 – End

blazheirio889 (O)
Currently out: Eledancia
Ralts
Female Ralts
Ability: Synchronize
Health: 92%
Energy: 88%
Condition: Bearing a strong sentiment of partnership, noticing how her teammate and herself were supporting each other.

Fish and Ships (O)
Currently out: Pancake
skullkitten-1.png

Female Skelitten
Ability: Pressure
Health: 87%
Energy: 84%
Condition: Daunted, wondering if every battle was going to feel like this.

RandomTyphoon (O)
Currently out: Dexter
Cacturne
Male Cacturne
Ability: Sand Veil
Health: 96%
Energy: 90%
Condition: Giving Pancake a vengeful stare.

Kam (O)
Currently out: Frosty
Snover
Male Snover
Ability: Snow Warning
Energy: 84%
Condition: Playfully flailing his arms around, enjoying the cold temperature.​

Arena status: A boring hailstorm is pouring down the boring battlefield. The flow of boring time is altered in a boring way (4 actions left).

Additional notes:
- Well, that was ridiculously long. I suppose twelve moves a round is a lot.
- Unlike what the reffing makes it sound, what stopped Attract from working was Protect used by Eledancia, not Pancake's interference.
- The Unexciting Team With Names That End With The Same Sound (i.e. RandomTyphoon and Kam) attacks first next round.

Last edited:
Doesn't a Snow Warning hailstorm last until another move is used?

Anyway, I'll talk with Typh regarding our next moves.

Due to Trick Room's influence, I'm pretty sure Eledancia would've had time to get in between Pancake and Frosty and use Protect before Frosty could Shadow Ball. Or is 10 points difference not enough?

Doesn't a Snow Warning hailstorm last until another move is used?

Anyway, I'll talk with Typh regarding our next moves.
Oh yeah, forgot about that. Will edit it in.
Due to Trick Room's influence, I'm pretty sure Eledancia would've had time to get in between Pancake and Frosty and use Protect before Frosty could Shadow Ball. Or is 10 points difference not enough?
Ah, I missed the bit about shielding the Shadow Ball. Though I'm pretty sure it wasn't there before... Well, since this makes a big difference, guess I should alter the reffing to include this as well.

EDIT: And it's done.
And by the way, I forgot to mention, but, please feel free to poke whatever mistakes I've made. Reffing a double battle is a good deal more complicated than I expected, so, there'll probably be more stuff I missed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom