• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

TCoD WSC: Week 18

Tropiking

tcodwsctop.png

Theme: New Beginnings

Medium: Scratch/Edit

Wow, is it good or what to get the WSC back up and running. First off, I just have to give Alraunne major props again for keeping the contest going for awhile after I left.

Now I know I'm posting this on a Friday and while I usually post the new weeks on a Sunday, I thought since this is the first week back I'd give everyone a bit more time. So this week's contest will end on next Sunday, not this Sunday.

Now back to the contest. This week's theme is going to be a bit harder to get things started but everyone has extra time so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Since this is the revival of the WSC here, I thought the theme should reflect that.

Take any Pokemon you want and redesign it to give it a new look. Here is a visual of what the idea is:

Redesigned_Charizard_by_Tropiking.png

It still resembles the Pokemon you are redesigning but is altered to make it look new/different.

Happy Spriting!

I've never actually participated in the WSC, but I've seen some really good sprites come out of it, and it'll be good to have it back again.

I think the theme for this week is a really interesting and creative idea, and I can't wait to see what kind of sprites people can come up with. :D It definitely makes me want to pick up my pixel brush and get going, hahaha.

Well, here's something to bring the quality down.

Look! A crappy scratch sprite of a highly edited magnezone!
magnezone.png

*goes to work*

I haven't done any sort of scratch spriting in a bit. This should be fun!

Edit: Although Chimecho is a Japanese wind chime, what if it was an American one? Psychic levitating windchime gogogo!
9gyik0.png

Last edited:
Hello everybody here at TCoD. Here's my Pokemon alteration for this week:

Chanseysaur-1.png

It's a Chanseysaur(us)! :D

Last edited:
Good looking entries so far everyone.

@Holy Diver: Your entry is a little too big. It needs to be 80x80 pixels to be accepted.

Good looking entries so far everyone.

@Holy Diver: Your entry is a little too big. It needs to be 80x80 pixels to be accepted.

Oop, sorry Tropiking. Thanks for informing me - I think this entry should be in order:

Chanseysaur-1.png

(78 x 76)

Attached. I thought that Luvdisc needed a little love. [/pun] Anyway, here is Luvirsis, whose style I tried to make as close to Luvdisc as possible. Also, it took about an hour. I'm getting better at this...

Attachments

• Luvirsis.png
    Luvirsis.png
    988 bytes · Views: 110
Back
Top Bottom