• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[B/W] How good is my team?

Dar

oops, did it again
Pronoun
they
I just crafted my new team and I need to see what people think of it (NOTE: They are all B/W pokemon and all level 42). So, here they are:

Escavalier
Moves:
Bug Buzz
Quick Gaurd
Slash
Iron head
Item: Scope Lens
Ability: Shell Armor

Simipour
Moves:
Surf
Cut
Shadow Claw
Scald
Item: Mystic Water
Ability: Gluttony

Reuniclus
Moves:
Future Sight
Psychic
Pain Split
Dizzy Punch
Item: Quick Claw
Ability: Magic Guard

Lampent (soon to be Chandelure) Moves:
Will-O-Wisp
Flame Burst
Inferno
Hex
Item: Spell Tag
Ability: Flame Body

Scrafty
Moves:
Dig
Strength
Crunch
Hi Jump Kick
Item: BlackGlasses
Ability: Moxie

Serperior
Moves:
Grass Pledge
Leaf Blade
Slam
Aerial Ace
Item: Rocky Helmet
Ability: Overgrow

Ok thats it. Give me some advice and I MIGHT take it into consideration.

First off, your Reuniclus probably has almost twice the Sp. Attack than its Attack. I'd suggest going all Special/Status on it.
Your Lampent has too many Fire-type moves. Anything with a resistance to Fire and Ghost will probably take out your Lampent. I'd say upgrade Hex to Shadow Ball, and Flame Burst to Flamethrower. Take off Will-O-Wisp completely: if Inferno ever hits, it will burn the opponent. I'd say replace it with HP Electric or Energy Ball to deal with Water-types.
For Serperior, I only have two problems: Slam and Grass Pledge. If you want a better Special move, go with Giga Drain instead. It learns it in two levels, and it comes with 35 more power and indirect healing as well. My problem with Slam is its accuracy. You can't depend on it. I'd replace it with Dragon Tail, for the Dragon coverage and to force opponents to switch Pokemon.

Escavalier has awful SpA so you need to replace Bug Buzz with a physical attack, like X-Scissor. Quick Guard is mostly useless ingame so we'll replace that with Iron Defense instead.

Code:
Escavalier w/Quick Claw
- X-Scissor
- Iron Head
- Iron Defense
- Swords Dance

Simipour needs a way to fend off enemy grass-types; it can do so with Acrobatics. Utilise a Flying Gem to boost its damage. Recycle can be used to recover the lost gem. Work Up complements Simipour's mixed offensive stats and high speed perfectly.

Code:
Simipour w/Flying Gem
- Surf
- Acrobatics
- Recycle
- Work Up

Reuniclus should have Focus Blast and Shadow Ball so it isn't walled by Darks or enemy Psychics. Calm Mind or a recovery move (Recover, Pain Split) should go in the last slot, but since you can use potions ingame, I'm more partial to Calm Mind.

Code:
Reuniclus w/Expert Belt
- Psychic 
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball 
- Calm Mind

Lampent should get rid of Inferno. It's unreliable and you have Will-o-Wisp anyway. Hex works nicely if you plan on burning the majority of your opponents; otherwise you should stick to Shadow Ball.

Code:
Chandelure w/Wise Glasses
- Flamethrower
- Hex
- Will-o-Wisp
- Calm Mind

Scrafty really enjoys Dragon Dance, but as it's an egg move, Bulk Up will have to do. Powering up Hi Jump Kick should be your priority to take advantage of Moxie. Zoom Lens can be used over Wide Lens if you find yourself going last most of the time.

Code:
Scrafty w/Wide Lens
- Hi Jump Kick
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Bulk Up

Without Contrary, special Serperior is very limited as to what it can do; it has better physical options. Swords Dance can be used over Coil if you prefer.

Code:
Serperior w/Scope Lens
- Leaf Blade
- Return
- Dragon Tail
- Coil

Last edited:
OK to the first two people, and everyone else, im not really a status person. Move that inflict status PROBLEMS are ok with me, and maybe protecting moves and moves like recycle are ok, but other than that, there are only a few i would use. Like Shell Smash :D

OK to the first two people, and everyone else, im not really a status person. Move that inflict status PROBLEMS are ok with me, and maybe protecting moves and moves like recycle are ok, but other than that, there are only a few i would use. Like Shell Smash :D

Haha, yeah, me too.
I rarely use Status moves except for maybe something like Recover or Synthesis.
BRAWN OVER BRAIN, AWWWW YEAH.

If you're just going to shoot down others' advice, don't post. Really, this forum isn't even for ingame teams to begin with.

Status moves tend to play the bigger part in competitive battling as they encompass more of the needed strategy that a trainer uses. That being said, I'll just say your team isn't that great.

The only advice I would give that hasn't already been said is to make your Simipour into a pure special attacker, given the TM options you have at your disposal. While a nice strategy, using a Flying Gem in conjunction with Acrobatics actually makes it less powerful than if you weren't carrying an item at all.

While a nice strategy, using a Flying Gem in conjunction with Acrobatics actually makes it less powerful than if you weren't carrying an item at all.
What? The gem is consumed *before* Acrobatics actually launches. It does work with Acrobatics. Also status moves are sorely underrated for ingame use, as are X items.

What? The gem is consumed *before* Acrobatics actually launches. It does work with Acrobatics. Also status moves are sorely underrated for ingame use, as are X items.

The above fact is why Archeops can beast so well, because there's next to nothing that can take a base 55x4.5 with Archeops massive attack without being either Gigalith or another massive defense resistor.

This is also why I support you running an Archeops. Do it, there'll be next to no regret about it, as ling as you can out pace your opponents.

My apologies, Alvyren. I've never bothered with the Gems, so I'll confess I wasn't aware of their mechanics. I simply assumed.

Also, I just realized the second part of your comment was directed at me as well. I didn't mean that status moves are less useful in-game. Simply that they play a more crucial role in a competitive situation than Absol=Epic would like, hence everyone's suggesting those types of moves to him/her.

Back
Top Bottom