• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Suggestions Frillies. Everywhere.

Coloursfall

THIS IS HOW WE BLEED
can you imagine.

hrml so I figured I was due for a new sprite thread thing. I don't sprite much, but when I do it tends to be Fakemon and stuff. Lessie what I have here. I don't have much now, but I've been spriting more lately. I'm currently working on revamping the Tsuki-line sprites for moony to use in ASB, since the other ones are not that great, ahaha.

Fakemon:
tsuki.png
tsuki2.png
Tsukihayai2.png
tsuki4.png
myrid2.png
hennic-1.png
hennox-1.png

tsuki1shine.png
tsuki2shine.png
tsuki3shine.png
tsuki4shine.png
myridshiny-1.png
hennicshiny.png
hennoxshiny.png

(Tsuki line + Myrid belong to moon-panther)

Menu:
tsuki3-menu.png
teenyenculli.png
miniskelittern.png

Various Things:
GLaDOS.png
gladygonz.png
umbrelong.png

Trainers:
scoot.png
katispriteset.png

Last edited:
Wait, I thought she'd already accepted my menu sprites?

tumblr_laift2wjQy1qa1ti5.gif

You know, maybe this wouldn't happen if you asked people before spriting their fakes, because frankly, noone's asking. And I wanted to leave it alone, but you're bloody incessant. Back off already, it's obvious you're just out for ASB cash from the new registry spriter job, and you know, it really gets to me. You moan about how long it took you and throw guilt trips around, yet it was completely your choice to do so. You refuse to take criticism, and write off tips as 'nagging' and claim you're lazy as if that's a valid excuse to half-ass everything you do.
You know something, Pentimento put it best. Get over yourself. You're bad at this, and you refuse to get better. You're trying to play a manipulative angle, and you're bad at that too. So /get out/.

Hey, the spriter's job is there for a reason. I do choose to do the sprites - not just for the money, but because I like spriting - and I know full well it's my choice. I do not moan about how long it took, if I mention it then it's only in passing. I do not try to 'throw guilt trips around', I apologise if this is how it seems. I do my best to take criticism into account. I was actully asking people not to nag me about fixing it -in future-, not writing off anything. And I have mentioned being lazy, uh, once? That was only the reason I'm not fixing that individual sprite immediately.
I am trying to take into account criticisms and advice in order to improve, and I am not trying to be manipulative.
Thank you and good day.

tsuki2.png

blarg. >:

ETA:

tsuki3-menu.png

these are hard.

The colours are a bit harsh. Try taking colours from official sprites (I'm assuming here that you didn't; most official sprites don't have such hot pink colours). Even if they're not exact to the colours of the pokemon, that's how most sprites are, they change the colours so it works better tiny-sized.

The problem is mostly just that all the colours are very saturated; try desaturating the brown on the moon, make it a tad lighter or something, and emphasize the highlights on the silver parts. That should work but if it doesn't then make the pink a bit lighter.

Also OT but you go Dwagie. :v I get the feeling, Squorn, that you're just a whiny little kid looking for compliments and throwing fits when you don't get any. Well, tough; we're all artists here and we aren't out to boost your ego. If you don't try to improve in a medium, why the hell do your persist in doing it? And if you do want to improve, why the hell don't you take peoples advice? :|

Sorry, BRCB, for continuing this in your thread. Eh.

I get the feeling, Squorn, that you're just a whiny little kid looking for compliments and throwing fits when you don't get any. Well, tough; we're all artists here and we aren't out to boost your ego. If you don't try to improve in a medium, why the hell do your persist in doing it? And if you do want to improve, why the hell don't you take peoples advice? :|

Your feeling is, to be quite frank, wrong. I also do my best to take people's advice, as I have said.
Sorry for wasting space in the thread, BRCB. Let's let this be the end of it, okay guys?

The colours are a bit harsh. Try taking colours from official sprites (I'm assuming here that you didn't; most official sprites don't have such hot pink colours). Even if they're not exact to the colours of the pokemon, that's how most sprites are, they change the colours so it works better tiny-sized.

The problem is mostly just that all the colours are very saturated; try desaturating the brown on the moon, make it a tad lighter or something, and emphasize the highlights on the silver parts. That should work but if it doesn't then make the pink a bit lighter.

Ah, thanks! I'll try out a few new colour schemes on these guys. I don't remember where I got the colours, tbh, since I was using the ones from the older sprites I did for them, and that was more than a year ago now, I think. I'm not the greatest spriter, so thanks for the advice!

Also @Squorn - try asking before you sprite other people's fakes, hmm? I, for one, would be very not happy if you went near mine, since I prefer people I trust/like/asked to do it doing things for me. I was asked by moony to do her Tsuki sprites irl, and will continue to do so for her in the future if she asks. So perhaps just back off a bit (and learn to take crits. See what I did up there?) and people will treat you a bit nicer.

Have a nice day~

tsukiline-newcolours.png

NEW COLOURS GO

I only changed the pink so far in these; i'll look for a nice brown for the moon and possibly change the wraps if they looks out of place...I just need an opinions on which is better, since I'm so bad at that sort of thing.

Also @Squorn - try asking before you sprite other people's fakes, hmm? I, for one, would be very not happy if you went near mine, since I prefer people I trust/like/asked to do it doing things for me. I was asked by moony to do her Tsuki sprites irl, and will continue to do so for her in the future if she asks. So perhaps just back off a bit (and learn to take crits. See what I did up there?) and people will treat you a bit nicer.

Hm. Didn't really think of that, since it's not something I've ever experienced or anyone else I have spoken to (at least that I know of). Well, noted for future reference.

For the three-hundred-and-seventeenth time: I do my best to take criticism, however much that may be. Please stop saying I don't, it gets really annoying. Annoying to the point of italics.

Let. This. Be. The. End. Of. The. Matter.

@The sprites: Well, the outlines are too dark. I'm guilty of this myself, but yeah. They also look... wobbly? Not quite sure how to describe it, but look closely at the outlines and hopefully it's not just me who gets this feeling. And something I'm told all the time: not enough contrast in the shading. Moreso on #2, #3, #4, and #5 than #1, but still.

(See, I do register people's criticism. And I am hopefully getting a little better at seeing problems in things.)

tsukiline-newcolours.png

NEW COLOURS GO

I only changed the pink so far in these; i'll look for a nice brown for the moon and possibly change the wraps if they looks out of place...I just need an opinions on which is better, since I'm so bad at that sort of thing.

Muuuuuuch better. I'm not sure the brown has to be changed, it works very well now. Might try changing the brown to see if it works better, but overall it's much better now. :]

derpderpderp hello sprite thread

Been practicing my spicing/minor edits.
inferdoom2-1.png
fulgora.png
maxnew.png

The Jolteon is the custom for when my Eevee in ASB evolves, and the Persian is an edit of it to look like my cat, Max.

Back
Top Bottom