• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

D/P/Pt My Fighting-type team

Darksong

Back in action!
On another site, I want to use a three-Pokemon Fighting-type team for competitive battling over WiFi. I'll need some help, since I'm a beginner.

Pokemon 1: Gallade (M)
EVs: 6 HP, 251 ATK, 251 SPD, 2 DEF (Note: it got Pokerus when it had an odd number of EVs, so I can't make it 252 and 252)
Nature: Adamant
Moveset: Leaf Blade, Psycho Cut, Night Slash, Close Combat
Ability: Steadfast

Pokemon 2: Hitmonchan (M)
EVs: I was going to use 255 ATK and 255 DEF, but tell me if it should be different.
Nature: Jolly
Moveset: Fire Punch, ThunderPunch, Ice Punch, (Mach Punch/Sky Uppercut/Close Combat)
Ability: Iron Fist

Pokemon 3: Machamp (F)
EVs: I was planning for 255 HP and 255 ATK, but if something's wrong, tell me.
Moveset: Cross Chop, Dynamic Punch, (undetermined, please help!)
Ability: No Guard

Replace Gallade and Hitmonchan with Infernape and Heracross. Then, give them these:

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Spd, 129 Atk, 129 SAtk
Hasty Nature
Ability: Blaze

Close Combat
Flamethrower
Earthquake
Grass Knot

Heracross @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Spd, 129 Def, 129 Atk
Jolly Nature
Ability: Guts

Megahorn
Close Combat
Bulk Up
Rock Slide/Earthquake

Also, for Machamp:

Machamp @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk, 129 Def, 129 SDef
Adamant Nature

Dynamicpunch
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Bulk Up

Last edited:
I don't think I can do that, because I spent months EV training Gallade, plus I traded a shiny Tauros for the Dawn Stone I used on it. I've already started training Hitmonchan, and I had a plan for it, but it would work to replace it with Infernape as soon as I breed my current Infernape. I think I'll replace Hitmonchan with Infernape, you're right, but should I use Heracross or Machamp?

Plus, both of the people I've actually battled against had Gallade and won against me with only the Gallade. It's a formidable foe.

First off, there's no point in 255 EVs when a stat is actually maxed out at 252, and it gives you an extra four EVs to put into HP. Second, get an Infernape. Seriously. Otherwise you're walled by pretty much every physical wall ever. I recommend putting it over Hitmonchan and moving Gallade to the middle spot, since you seem intent on keeping him. :/

Lastly, Cross Chop and DynamicPunch on No Guard Machamp? Really? Ditch Cross Chop, give him Stone Edge, Earthquake, and Bulk Up for boosts or Ice Punch for coverage. Your choice. Also, you may want to list the items as well, since otherwise we don't know if something is supposed to be tanking, sweeping, or Choiced.

First of all put some sort of guard on Machamp. It could be vital. Also I think it could do with a little variation, go with a pokemon like Infernape, Poliwrath or Lucario, even a medicham could help there.

First off, there's no point in 255 EVs when a stat is actually maxed out at 252, and it gives you an extra four EVs to put into HP.

Oh, I didn't know that! Thanks.

Second, get an Infernape. Seriously. Otherwise you're walled by pretty much every physical wall ever. I recommend putting it over Hitmonchan and moving Gallade to the middle spot, since you seem intent on keeping him. :/

All right, I'll do that. As I said earlier, I can breed it. Thanks for telling me about the Hitmonchan, though. Since it could learn Fire, Ice and ThunderPunch, I thought it was a good Pokemon.

Lastly, Cross Chop and DynamicPunch on No Guard Machamp? Really? Ditch Cross Chop, give him Stone Edge, Earthquake, and Bulk Up for boosts or Ice Punch for coverage. Your choice. Also, you may want to list the items as well, since otherwise we don't know if something is supposed to be tanking, sweeping, or Choiced.

I don't really like the idea of Choice Band/Scarf because you can use only one move for the rest of the battle. Usually, it'll be a Fighting move, and if a Ghost-type comes out, I'm doomed.

All right, thanks for the help. Here's my planned team:

Infernape (M)

Gallade (M)
Item: Life Orb
EVs: 6 HP, 251 ATK, 251 SPD, 2 DEF (Note: it got Pokerus when it had an odd number of EVs, so I can't make it 252 and 252)
Moveset: Leaf Blade, Psycho Cut, Night Slash, Close Combat
Ability: Steadfast

I also am thinking about switching this:

Machamp (F)
Item: Black Belt?
EVs: 252 HP, 252 ATK, 6 SPD
Moveset: DynamicPunch, Stone Edge, Earthquake, Bulk Up

With this:

Breloom (M)
Item: Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 ATK, 252 SPD, 6 HP
Moveset: Seed Bomb, Sky Uppercut, Headbutt, Fling
Ability: Poison Heal

One question: How do you get more than one TM Earthquake?

Back
Top Bottom