• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Sojaveña Wilds Northern Badlands

Turn 3
Enemy Phase
Levi's Knock Off dealt 20 damage to Nova!
Levi tried to Knock Off Nova's Covert Cloak, but his beak was too strong!
Levi's Drain Punch dealt 20 damage to Nova! Drained 10 HP!
"Rough one, aren't ya?" The Morgrem hissed as he wrestled against Nova's grip. "Maybe I just need a quick snack before I can really go all out...!"
Levi's AGILE Draining Kiss dealt 11 damage to Astrid! Drained 8 HP!
Levi's Pickpocket stole one of Astrid's Magic stages!
Levi's Draining Kiss dealt 16 damage to Astrid! Drained 12 HP!
The Morgrem sunk his fangs into Astrid! "Ahhh, tastes so heavenly!" He cackled as he drew them out with a flourish. "Now that I'm satisfied, let's give this another try, shall we?"
Boss Action: Sure Crit
Levi's Play Rough dealt 37 damage to Astrid!
"And don't you dare mock me again!" He screeched before leaping back. "Candy cloud, monster, and... whoever the third one is, know that we are the apex predators, we are—"
Nova's Bide dealt 40 damage to Levi!
With a cry of, 'Wrrrrrrry!' worthy of his species, the vampiric Pokémon found himself being flung across the field, barreling towards the Trash Heap where he belonged. As he made contact with the pile of garbage, a number of pointed stones buried inside dug into him!

Levi 'walked' to Trash Heap!
Levi was took 19 damage from Stealth Rock!

Astrid still has the majority of Levi's ire, but some clever goading could divert attention to Nova!

"Oh. The guy's LARPing as a vampire." Nova sat down with a curious tilt of his head. "That answers a few questions. Raises several more, but I guess that can wait until lockup."

He looked around at the flames. "No wonder the fire was so effective." He marched over to Grace's side, gesturing to Astrid his crest.

"Hey, how's about you help our vampire hunter take out Count Dorkula over there?"

Nova (50 STM, 19 TMP, +0 SPD, +0 ACC, 0 SHD, 0 RAD)
- **Act:** Call @ Grace
- Focus (Breather) (+5 TMP, -20 SHD, -20 RAD)
Net change: +0 STM, +5 TMP, +0 SHD, +0 RAD
Net totals: 50 STM (100 after regen), 24 TMP, 0 SHD, 0 RAD
(BREATHER)

(Sparknotes: Grace deals 30 fixed damage)

Grace (49 STM, 4 TMP, +0 SPD, +0 ACC, 0 SHD, 0 RAD)
- Receive (Call) (+3 TMP, -10 SHD, -10 RAD)
- **Act:** Focus (+5 TMP, -20 SHD, -20 RAD)
- Celebrate (-9 STM, +3 TMP)
- Metronome (Sonic Boom) @ Levi (-36 STM, hit, -14 TMP, +2 TMP)
- **Act:** Call @ Astrid
Net change: -45 STM, -1 TMP, +0 SHD, +0 RAD
Net totals: 4 STM (31 after regen), 3 TMP, 0 SHD, 0 RAD
(TAKE COVER)

After the horde was depleted, Astrid had split herself between pummeling Levi and dragging a few unconscious bodies away from the raging flames. Then a clang from the smellier side of camp pulled her attention back—that must’ve been Nova’s counterattack.

"Hey!" she called out, quickly advancing before Levi could gather himself. "You're a shitty role model for them, y'know!"

1. Nova
2. Grace
3. Astrid
Astrid (60 STM, 10 TMP, +0 SPD, +0 ACC, 0 SHD, 28 RAD)
- Receive (Call) (+3 TMP, -10 SHD, -10 RAD)
- Receive (Helping Hand)
- Walk (+1 MC) to Trash Heap (-3 TMP)
- Nasty Plot (-18 STM, +2 TMP)
- **Act:** RADIANT Focus (+5 TMP)
- STRONG CRITICAL RADIANT Frost Breath @ Levi (-15 STM, Sure Hit, +4 TMP, +10 RAD)
- CRITICAL Draining Kiss @ Levi (-9 STM, -20 TMP, +2 TMP)
Net change: -42 STM, -7 TMP, +0 SHD, +0 RAD
Net totals: 18 STM (45 after regen), 3 TMP, 0 SHD, 28 RAD

Turn 4
Player Phase
Grace's Sonic Boom dealt 30 damage to Levi!
The Morgrem grit his teeth as he struggled to emerge from the heap of trash. "What, do you think that will be enough?" He let out a low chuckle. "A bad role model? What I show to them is how to attain power, no matter what!"

His eyes widened as his sinister grin turned manic. "That is where you and I differ! I am a proud Fiend! My vision is clear and my mind is focused; I have but one goal, to—"
Astrid's Frost Breath dealt 130 damage to Levi! KO!!
His speech froze along with his will to fight as he toppled out of the trash and smashed into the harsh, rocky ground face-first. His hair fell over his face as the light of consciousness slowly faded from his vision.
Astrid's Draining Kiss dealt psychological 74 damage to the already downed Levi! Therapy is the only cure!
Along with his pride.

The remaining Impidimp, after finally dousing the flames and one another, scattered as they watched their lieutenant become as crumbled and discarded as the refuse around them. Some fell to the ground, pleading for a light sentence, others tended to their brethren and not caring what would happen to them next. It was clear that very few, if any, would be able to escape this time.

There just left one question: where was their big boss?

"And that's that." Nova clicked his tongue. "Nice work you two." His fish tail wagged.

Nova stepped toward all the impidimp running around like terrified little joltik about to be stepped on. "All right, small fries! We're moving the party to the precinct!" He practically sounded like a drill sergeant. "Those of you still standing grab your buddies and gather up here! Faster you do this, the easier it'll be for you!"

He had no idea if the jailhouse had a way to hose these stinkwads down. If not, they'd have to come up with something.

Grace grinned and clapped as confetti fell around them once more. "Good work you two! That was amazing...!" she praised with a big smile on her face.

The remnants of the horde quickly surrendered themselves, more worried about each other's well-being than trying to make a break for it against an overwhelming foe. Though their smell was unpleasant, they weren't leeches like their leader.

With the last of the lieutenants in their capture, the Wayfarers had more than helped clean the roads of Northern Sojaveña and helped ensure a safe passage for any well-to-do traveler. Still, the Fiends weren't quite done yet; after all, they still Hawthrone at their helm.

<><><><>​

Back
Top Bottom