• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem

fresh fruit for Adol

even electronic brain pancake crystal elderly
so in one of the strangest decisions ever, Nintendo's teaming up with Atlus to create a crossover game with their Fire Emblem series, and Atlus' MegaTen series

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/23/shin-megami-tensei-x-fire-emblem-crossover-coming-to-wii-u/

no idea how the game will look, or even play out for that matter. having Fire Emblem characters in SMT's post-apocalyptic settings would look really odd, lol, and having such contemporary and cyberpunk designs for characters in the FE universe would just as out of place, in addition to all of the demons (but then of course, i'm assuming they're solely going main series SMT, no side series like Persona or DDS included)

thoughts?

I have absolutely no idea how this will work.

That being said with Nobunga's Ambition x Pokémon and this, I wonder if crossovers will be more common for Nintendo consoles.

it's looking like it. we had that last year, and then this year, though it isn't nintendo, there's Project X Zone on the 3DS as well. i always enjoy crossovers, they typically end up being surprisingly well written (at least, as far as my experience from Super Robot Wars goes. Namco X Capcom has a pretty great story so far, but i've yet to finish it)

I really don't know what to say or think about this thing at all. We'll have to wait and see, but I'm expecting something weird.

i think everyone is haha

i can kind of imagine some kind of mixture between Devil Survivor and FE though, in terms of systems

Literally the only thing we know is that it will be a RPG and that it's the protagonists of the main SMT series and FE protagonists. Personally was never a big fan of the main SMT games, but I love FE and I think the story should be good. Most crossovers have good stories because they explain the crossing over and there's not much more to it. SRW is the biggest exception, though, that shit goes deep.

Back
Top Bottom