• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

Quiz Time!!!

1. What alignment was the player who made this quote: (Town or Mafia?)
Regarding John some reads that popped out at me are the bolded, the Jane read feels kind of off? i feel like townie confidence and stuff in a similar vein is always kind of a goto excuse for not reading a slot thats being pretty highly townread and it feels somewhat forced to me, the Jack read isnt particularly ai to me it just doesnt make sense, if Tom is wolf why would a wolf copcheck their own buddy? am i missing something mechanically because that feels like a good way to get your buddy lynched
(The bolded red means that Tom was a dead mafia)

2. (To be clear, these are from different games, I'm just substituting placeholder names)
I mean, Jack has literally given up. He is anti spew and not trying to salvage the last bit of his reads. He had a carefree tone the whole day about the John/Jane drama. Which seems impossible for a town to be doing.

Mia also seemingly didnt care either, but who knows what was going on there.
CONTEXT: John and Jane are two villagers that mechanically thunderdomed eachother earlier that day

3. (That's probably enough for tonight)
Jane said:
Jack said:
Jane said:
usually i would be way more aggressive on pushing a read, but seems like a lot of clueless townies on this site, so im not confident about anything
What is this?????

Why post it?
because you shot a unCCd cop and now are apparently mechanically cleared and that just seems like normal around here

when villagers make aggressively pro wolf plays, it makes it hard to be confident about reads

4. (I lied OK)
Mia said:
probably ~1 of the top wagons is scum
scum are more likely to be bunched up if on the top wagons
Weird take considering you moved your vote therefore making the wagons 2/2/2/2/2.

Also, this is a reason I'm not playing this with Mist because he was there and can probably pinpoint the quote

6:
Here's my thing on John:

Not once have I seen them try to push a novel scum read or even a novel town read for that sake.
He's not trying to direct the flow of conversation or protect / kill anyone.

He's literally just going along with the flow since he's vocal about agreeing with letting actions sort things out.

I dont' see scum being complicit there.

8: (last one for now)
Mia said:
John said:
Mia said:
I feel like if the other mafia was on-wagon, then I feel like the Traitor would be confused.
If the other mafia was off-wagon, I think that the Traitor would more likely than not try to save them.

So I think the Traitor is more likely to be off wagon, since they have little reason to bus Tom D1.
This makes no sense.
If they see the other person bussing, they can guess the other Mafia is bussing. If they see the other Mafia off-wagon, they can still bus at a point it is obvious Tom cant be saved. They can also do the opposite of what the other scum does to avoid future associations.
And this sounds like a traitor post: If you stayed off-wagon , you are trying to signal by expressing your feeling at EOD. If you stayed on-wagon, you are discrediting others.

If Tom was bussed, it was needless and poorly executed, and I think that the Traitor would definitely have tried to stop it.
I do concede that if Jane is Tom's scumbuddy, then it is quite possible that Traitor is on-wagon.
Tom was lynched the previous day, flipping as mafia.

Back
Top Bottom