• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Tarot Mafia

I appreciate the readiness to come forward, but this was a reasonably falsifiable claim, so I can't really afford certainity to it
is it falsifiable? depending on who storm claims to have targeted they'll be able to be found out kind of quickly tbh

unless w!storm just gives out roles for the mafia or something. that would be kind of epic lmfao

Huh. Mine's activated with a phrase during the day - which means I can prove it, if it comes to that: arrange for one person to get the most votes, make me lynchproof them, and then have the person we actually want to lynch in second place. Preferably the former would be me, of course; I've asked VM if I can target myself.

Of course that doesn't prove I'm not mafia that has this power, but it should lay this particular concern to rest.

I appreciate the readiness to come forward, but this was a reasonably falsifiable claim, so I can't really afford certainity to it
is it falsifiable? depending on who storm claims to have targeted they'll be able to be found out kind of quickly tbh
i guess the bigger issue is that flavorcop is somewhat NAI aiui

I admittedly ignored basically anything between him and RNP -- I frankly do not remember what role he claimed -- but get this: is it possible that RNP's mechanical leniency towards Stryke this time indicates w/w? sure, they both had to keep up appearances by sniping each other, but they also went unexpectedly easy on each other this rodeo
i'm not sure if you factored in the fact that terrorist RNP probably wouldn't know what alignment stryke (or anyone) was
if anything, it feels like you're persisting on pure mechspec at a time when it's not natural to do so even for an old meta player.
can you elaborate more on this?

I'm the Justice arcana and I have a one-shot power to make the player I choose lynchproof until the following day, which strikes me as a power that's not very useful for town at all but one way or another that's what I got.
This claim makes me feel a little weird but I want to wait for the rest of our lurkers to claim before I say why
I'm sorry, I'm not sure I see how getting everyone else to claim first would be a legitimate reason to withhold this information. If you want to still be able to catch someone in a counterclaim, explain the relevant evidence without revealing your arcana.
Not "everyone", just the four lurkers I thought we'd agreed earlier should claim before everyone else, but fair point, I'll go ahead

I have a one-shot power that can only be activated during the 10-minute grace period between the final vote count and the flip; I can PM VM to nullify the yeet and turn it into a no-yeet

Obviously this isn't a hard counterclaim on you since these roles could both conceivably exist together, but since they both essentially amount to different ways to turn a yeet into a no-yeet, they seem a little too overlapping for my comfort
governor, eh?

I suppose it does seem a little more plausible when you gave the longform explanation, including the specification that VM takes governor PMs at twilight, without seeming to be familiar with the role's common name. not saying that that's a clear, but it does make me less suspicious

although, that said? butterfree demanding this information doesn't look phenomenally towny to me, and that stacks with the rest of the bad vibes. hmmmmmm

oh well, what's for it if not to park there. Butterfree

I mean, it can be as easy as claiming to have targeted only dead people or people who already had a go at stating their arcana. that's almost everyone right now.

although maybe that can be settled with some direct questions. storm, did you target anyone who's still alive? and has every living player you targeted already claimed their arcana?

i guess the bigger issue is that flavorcop is somewhat NAI aiui
that's also a problem tho, yeah; it's also a totally reasonable overly honest scum claim

I admittedly ignored basically anything between him and RNP -- I frankly do not remember what role he claimed -- but get this: is it possible that RNP's mechanical leniency towards Stryke this time indicates w/w? sure, they both had to keep up appearances by sniping each other, but they also went unexpectedly easy on each other this rodeo
i'm not sure if you factored in the fact that terrorist RNP probably wouldn't know what alignment stryke (or anyone) was
I know, but RNP wasn't any sort of a regular terrorist; I feel like it's hard to say if he was in-group or not, least of all because he did nail two townies without reading shit

I mean, it can be as easy as claiming to have targeted only dead people or people who already had a go at stating their arcana. that's almost everyone right now.
yeah i was mostly saying that we could figure this out upon storm giving results, lol. if they fell into that class then we'd know it wasn't as reliable of a claim.
I know, but RNP wasn't any sort of a regular terrorist; I feel like it's hard to say if he was in-group or not, least of all because he did nail two townies without reading shit
but his terrorist role being more powerful than normal terrorist makes it more likely for him to be outgroup, imo

Stryke - I admittedly ignored basically anything between him and RNP -- I frankly do not remember what role he claimed -- but get this: is it possible that RNP's mechanical leniency towards Stryke this time indicates w/w? sure, they both had to keep up appearances by sniping each other, but they also went unexpectedly easy on each other this rodeo
Define easy? His earliest post in the thread was to vote for me, I voted for him immediately afterwards, he used his Tower bomb to get Herbe to vote for me, and even though it was misguided, I tried throwing him under the bus the moment I had some (what I thought to be) evidence against him

I tried throwing him under the bus the moment I had some (what I thought to be) evidence against him
yeah

i guess it's maybe possible for stryke to be ingroup unaware of rnp being outgroup but i'm townreading stryke

Stryke - I admittedly ignored basically anything between him and RNP -- I frankly do not remember what role he claimed -- but get this: is it possible that RNP's mechanical leniency towards Stryke this time indicates w/w? sure, they both had to keep up appearances by sniping each other, but they also went unexpectedly easy on each other this rodeo
Define easy? His earliest post in the thread was to vote for me, I voted for him immediately afterwards, he used his Tower bomb to get Herbe to vote for me, and even though it was misguided, I tried throwing him under the bus the moment I had some (what I thought to be) evidence against him
yeah, voting for you, which is exactly what he does every single game and is well aware doesn't get you lynched on its own. and I feel like it's at least a highly reasonable read of the turn of events that he was using his tower powers primarily to goad Herbe into breaking the rules and being modkilled

and yeah, you tried to get RedneckPhoenix lynched even harder. then it failed. then RedneckPhoenix claimed that derpcleared you, and you proceeded to move on from pushing RedneckPhoenix, even as a joke. convenient, isn't it?

last but not least, I'm not sure if you just committed the freudian slip of the century or you just don't understand what "throwing someone under the bus" normally means in mafia lingo-

Huh. Mine's activated with a phrase during the day - which means I can prove it, if it comes to that: arrange for one person to get the most votes, make me lynchproof them, and then have the person we actually want to lynch in second place. Preferably the former would be me, of course; I've asked VM if I can target myself.

Of course that doesn't prove I'm not mafia that has this power, but it should lay this particular concern to rest.
So, it doesn't count as a visit so I could prove that I'm the Wheel of Fortune like I said?

yeah, voting for you, which is exactly what he does every single game and is well aware doesn't get you lynched on its own. and I feel like it's at least a highly reasonable read of the turn of events that he was using his tower powers primarily to goad Herbe into breaking the rules and being modkilled

and yeah, you tried to get RedneckPhoenix lynched even harder. then it failed. then RedneckPhoenix claimed that derpcleared you, and you proceeded to move on from pushing RedneckPhoenix, even as a joke. convenient, isn't it?

last but not least, I'm not sure if you just committed the freudian slip of the century or you just don't understand what "throwing someone under the bus" normally means in mafia lingo-
what tbh

governor, eh?

I suppose it does seem a little more plausible when you gave the longform explanation, including the specification that VM takes governor PMs at twilight, without seeming to be familiar with the role's common name. not saying that that's a clear, but it does make me less suspicious
oh, I didn't mean to make it sound like I didn't know the role's name! after I got my role PM, I did a bunch of research on MafiaUniverse's wiki and managed to find it (I hadn't heard of it before this, which is why I assumed y'all wouldn't have heard of it either so I explained it the long way)

just wanted to put that on the table right now because I did attempt to subtly hint at "governor" early on, and if anyone noticed/goes back and notices, I don't want that to turn into a "gotcha"

Interesting! I mean, in an ideal world, it'd be nice if neither of us had to throw away our shot for no better reason than to clear ourself, but that does make sense if we want to go that route.

it'd be nice if neither of us had to throw away our shot for no better reason than to clear ourself
I wrote this hurriedly -- I should add, it'd be especially nice if we didn't have to do this when the game is potentially at or very near LyLo

Back
Top Bottom