• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Tarot Mafia

here come the crumbs!

dGtuXnD.jpg
this minion is standing on the moon. I picked this one to purposefully match my arcana. what, you expect I was going to post a minion meme not intent on turning it into the smoking gun?

for what it's worth, I can attest that genuinely randing a role you just recently fakeclaimed very much happens and it is terrible-
I might as well have gone "wink wink, nudge nudge"

if we have a cop, is it better for them to have more useful checks or a gun?
incidentally, let's phrase this in a way that's even better to quote out of context: I do not think cops should go get themselves guns-
this is actually not a crumb. I stand by all of it, as lingo or not-

(one might argue that I'd possibly have cleared up the mess with Ultracool if I did go get a gun off him, but I check specifically for mafia vs nor mafia; not helpful for fishing out third parties)

god man it really, really sucks that kokorico bit it. ask me to elaborate why later. like a lot later
yeah, it's later now, and you know exactly why I'm steaming mad about this still.

the worst part is that I thought e was looking good on everyone's eyes following the lynch of trebek, so I wouldn't have to go out of my way to protect em. it pains me to say this, but herbe, you have disappointed your big sis-

anyways, is it still totally possible that I was 4D chessing a fakeclaim as far back as then -- even as far back as the other crumb? I can't deny that, but really, considering the amount of shit that's gone belly-up for me in this game, well. breadcrumbing about targeting kokorico was the least I could to protect a future claim of mine from the mob twisting things around.

(i knew you were cop the second you made the koko post because someone did the exact same thing recently)

now, some of you might be wondering, why did I cast aspersions on kyeugh when I had a green on her?

first, because godfathers are a thing, and because the preoposterous amount of inforoles in this game was looking increasingly less likely to be due to people fakeclaiming, I figured that was very much a high balance possibility. (now that kyeugh flipped town again on death, though, well, she's probably not the godfather.) second, just because I wasn't bothering to hide that I'm cop, doesn't mean it's a good idea for me to stop acting naturally; so what I did was, present the reasoning that led me to checking kyeugh, but also contradict myself and weaken the push. this was also needed because I wanted to see what reaction Mewtini would have to it, but all I got was a masterful lack of reaction, so, aaaaalas.

this was also needed because I wanted to see what reaction Mewtini would have to it, but all I got was a masterful lack of reaction, so, aaaaalas.
lmfao, sorry, i was not around. fwiw i sussed skylar a bit and talked about how i had a bad metaread on her

oh yeah -- I don't know if we're making it past this phase and, if we do, fat chance in hell the cop is going to live when they got away with shooting the watcher, but I'm open to suggestions on who to cop

like, I do have a target in mind, but I'm not saying who because that'd help the mob and not us; regardless, I'm open to suggestions

My reads are real blah this game. I have to be townreading someone wrongly if there are 5 mafia, but I'm really not sure where I am going wrong.

My "claim seems legit" pile is ZM, Mist, MF (kind of wondering why Moon is cop, though, lol).

I think the way Jack led into his claim reads as fairly genuine, besides the lack of arcana claim? I feel like mafia governor Jack would have either saved Trebek or grabbed cred for not saving Trebek, but this is predicated on believing him in the first place.

It's possible that I'm wrongfully reading mewt based on Trebek's posts - she is kinda less solvey than I would expect after a surprise red flip.

I have an item thief ability. n0 ZM n1 Mr. Ultracool, received no feedback each time, so Mr. Ultracool was lying or I was blocked or something. But if Mr. Ultracool was lying, no one else has claimed anything related to items (I assume if someone had an item-giving ability they would have counterclaimed on day 1, so only Emmy and rari are unclaimed), meaning that this ability would be totally useless. So I guess I kind of want to let him vibe for another day again.

idk on Butterfree, Stryke, storm. One thing I wanted to note is that both Mr. Ultracool and Stryke seem to have abilities dependent on people targeting them, but a good number of the claimed abilities so far don't target at night.

I think we should be trying to consolidate votes on someone so that mafia aren't able to force the yeet onto someone else in the worst case. So I'll vote IndigoEmmy.

I have an item thief ability.
I didn't breadcrumb this anywhere, btw, but it was an unstated reason I said item-related abilities were plausible yesterday.

I have another ability but I don't think it'd be helpful to claim it.

7 hours remain in the day phase.

Vote Totals:
IndigoEmmy (2) (Mist1422, Keldeo)
Butterfree (1) (M&F)
(abstain) (1) (Mr. Ultracool)

kyeugh votes Herbe (#462)
M&F votes mewtini (#464)
RedneckPhoenix votes Stryke (#469)
Stryke votes RedneckPhoenix (#495)
Mr. Ultracool votes RedneckPhoenix (#507)
RedneckPhoenix votes for Herbe (#552)
Stryke unvotes (#558)
Mist1422 votes IndigoEmmy (#584)
Herbe votes Stryke (#607)
kyeugh votes RedneckPhoenix (#629)
M&F votes RedneckPhoenix (#634)
JackPK votes RedneckPhoenix (#683)
Mr. Ultracool votes abstain (#710)
M&F votes Butterfree (#749)

Butterfree votes M&F (#769)
Butterfree unvotes (#770)
Keldeo votes IndigoEmmy (#798)

My role is that I tell everyone that I am The Sun! Mechanically I am an Innocent Child, though I prefer the term Glorious Warrior instead!
hello there, equal and opposite!

I take it that people receive a greencheck off you when they visit you, then? if you're the variety that gets announced on a GM post, well, that hasn't happened yet, ahah

(still, this claim is basically impossible to falsify; I'm inclined to believe it. although there is one exception scenario here, if ZM were counting on us not making it past toDay... that's just max tinfoil tho)

(kind of wondering why Moon is cop, though, lol).
mastery of secrets and mysteries, babey!

I think the way Jack led into his claim reads as fairly genuine, besides the lack of arcana claim? I feel like mafia governor Jack would have either saved Trebek or grabbed cred for not saving Trebek, but this is predicated on believing him in the first place.
it's true that, in the event of overly honest scum claim, it's likely that Jack would have used the power to save Trebek. although I'll have to double check -- was he around for the stretch of EoD when the winds really turned against Trebek? but if he was, then yeah, it becomes likeliest that this is either an honest town claim or a completely false scum claim.

It's possible that I'm wrongfully reading mewt based on Trebek's posts - she is kinda less solvey than I would expect after a surprise red flip.
yeahhhh; I don't know how Around she is for this EoD, but she hasn't commented on Jack or Butterfree at all beyond reacts, even though there's a fair deal of solve to be had there. also, she hasn't joined the massclaim; fair enough if she has an important role, but I mean, we now have a claimed cop, so.

I have an item thief ability. n0 ZM n1 Mr. Ultracool, received no feedback each time, so Mr. Ultracool was lying or I was blocked or something. But if Mr. Ultracool was lying, no one else has claimed anything related to items (I assume if someone had an item-giving ability they would have counterclaimed on day 1, so only Emmy and rari are unclaimed), meaning that this ability would be totally useless. So I guess I kind of want to let him vibe for another day again.
yeah, that's. pretty interesting. I suppose an ability like that would be likeliest to imply even multiple item-based roles, although super narrow roles aren't unheard of. it does make it reasonably occam's razor that mr. ultracool was telling the truth after all, being that this confirms we most likely have at least one role that distribs items.

idk on Butterfree, Stryke, storm. One thing I wanted to note is that both Mr. Ultracool and Stryke seem to have abilities dependent on people targeting them, but a good number of the claimed abilities so far don't target at night.
hmmm. watcher, cop, rolecop, item thief... yeah, that's seeming to be the case. like, it's possible that a lot of our unclaimed deads are targeting powers and/or it's just a setup problem, but it also is that claiming a non-targeting role is a lot easier if you're fakeclaiming; don't have to come up with a list of targets and all.

I think we should be trying to consolidate votes on someone so that mafia aren't able to force the yeet onto someone else in the worst case. So I'll vote IndigoEmmy.
true, so I'll wagon with y'all on IndigoEmmy, but man, I hope we can get the town on board for a better idea soon; that's, 100% organic-grade shot in the dark.

also, mislynching IndigoEmmy for the lose isn't even an original move at this point

@storm well, time's almost up; what do you have for results?

I targeted keldeo on night 0 and mist on night 1, and got the fool and the high priestess, respectively

given the pace of the game I don't think finding out another arcana tonight will be useful so. I can't contribute too much there,,,

Back
Top Bottom