• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

SeshasGame IV - Black Sword Rising - Signups

Signups will close at 14:00 UTC, Hopefully tomorrow (2 September), if we get at least 13 players by then. Game will probably start a few hours after signups close. EoDs will be 16:00 UTC, and phases will be 48/24.

Currently Joined:
Mr. Ultracool
Kokorico
RedneckPhoenix
Herbe
Stryke
Hydreigon25

To be clear, this means that signups will close in 24 hours should we get at least 13 (hopefully more) players by that time.

😔
It looks like there just isn't enough interest for this big of a game right now
If this miraculously fills within the next few days or so then I'll host it but otherwise I'll have other things to work on
might repost signups later
Later as in, if it doesn't fill then I may or may not repost signups in a month or two depending on interest

Reactions: Ys_
temporary mafia hiatus? and we can all restore our energy before a new season. i'm still workshopping hamilton mafia redux (not to self promo in your thread) but that'll probably take more than a hot second to set up, but i think a nice break would do us all some good

there's also the fact that the academic year is starting in the states, and a sizable fraction of the forum population are (a) american and (b) school- or college-aged and so are going to have less time on their hands

i expect interest will pick back up in the winter

temporary mafia hiatus? and we can all restore our energy before a new season. i'm still workshopping hamilton mafia redux (not to self promo in your thread) but that'll probably take more than a hot second to set up, but i think a nice break would do us all some good

What about the next Animal Crossing Mafia variation ( that was possibly around Winter time ) i think it was going to be Villagers Choice ( for example: Fang, Lolly, Fauna, Etc )

What about the next Animal Crossing Mafia variation ( that was possibly around Winter time ) i think it was going to be Villagers Choice ( for example: Fang, Lolly, Fauna, Etc )
Idk I'm more interested in Hamilton right now I haven't made any commitments one way or the other tbh.

Idk I'm more interested in Hamilton right now I haven't made any commitments one way or the other tbh.

I think things I would change in the future would be:
having some damn VTs so the game could be bigger without me trying to balance however many roles
also just having a bigger game for length/fun. (Although the hydras were a wonderful surprise! I didn't see that coming, and I felt like it really added to the unique feel of the game.)
figuring out the actual worst case scenarios and paying attention to them
did y'all like explicit character flip or should that have been different? I'm welcoming all constructive criticism!

Anyway. Thanks for making my game a reality, friends. This was a lot of fun and although I'm probably gonna take a solid break from GMing, I am eager to return (after I settle in to college of course, haha) Thank you to the lovely MF for helping me set this up! If she hadn't looked at it first.... there would have been a lot different and probably a lot more kinks to work out, haha.

Fun facts:
I had written out a Tortimer mafia rolecop unless we had 14 players
Cyrus (MP7) almost didn't get to talk until 3 hours before EoD, bc cyrus is sleepy in game
mf actually warned against the risky vig haha. maybe I should have taken her advice
also, i'd be down to do a villager choice animal crossing mafia two if anyone was interested around winterish?

if I remember anything else I'll add it on! but for now, tangy out-

also, i'd be down to do a villager choice animal crossing mafia two if anyone was interested around winterish?

even though this ^ said it was possible

Yeah idk man things happen and running a game is a lot of work so if I get around to it. College is busy :/ Thanks though

i should really not be co-hosting while champs finale is going on so i am also personally in favor of a delay

Back
Top Bottom