• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Appreciate the Underapprectiated Pokémon

IndigoClaudia

The Fool
Pronoun
She/Fae
Yes ik this is on april fools, but i have an idea to make a little thread where every day/week/whenever i feel like it, i'll write about pokémon that usually go unnoticed and write a little paragraph about what makes them so cool. This is not a prank :3

Entry 1 - Drowzee & Hypno

There aren't much unnapreciated kanto pokémon, seeing as pretty much everything in gen 1 is a classic, but i'm going to start with two very cool pokémon:
Drowzee.png120px-HOME097_f.png

Drowzee, and Hypno

Drowzee eats dreams for fun and profit and nourishment. If you become friends with a drowzee, it may show you the dreams it's eaten before... How it does this? Who knows. Go befriend a Drowzee to find out.

Drowzee and Hypno are both Psychic type pokémon based off of a tapir

Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 8.35.17 AM.png

For a very long time in Japan, Tapir were said to be legends, but then apparently they do exist! The jury is still out on whether they eat your dreams though.

Want another reason to like drowzee? Look at this:

Box_XD_096.png

This is it's art from the pokémon box from pokémon XD. I never played pokémon xd but... Now i kinda want to.
Just look at him vibe, hehe

Next is Hypno.

Box_XD_097.png

Hypno is a strong psychic type pokémon with high special defense that uses moves like hypnosis and dream eater. Seeing it's pendulum swing can make you... tired... brb, i need to go take a nap.
Ok i'm back. I had a good nap. I forgot my dream though.

It's a very dangerous pokémon, but despite this, if you need sleep, Hypno is the pokémon for you. Hypno from Alola like eating Komalas... oh no. oh no.
yeah... maybe avoid these guys... unless you raise it from a drowzee.

Hypno and Drowzee can be found in the Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh, and Alola regions! >:3 consider adding them to your team.

Tommorow: Krabby & Kingler

Is Mienshao underappreciated?
Mienshao was underappreciated by me for a long time but its a good one
Recently for some reason I'm fixated on Squawkabilly cuz I never see anyone talk about it but its a perfect little bird Pokémon. After living with a bird for a while you come to appreciate when bird Pokémon have the right feet shape and stuff like that. The way it hops to walk around is so good. Its also sorta Raticate adjacent as a surprisingly fast Guts Facade sweeper, which I love for Normal types

Thanks to MandjTV, I now say "Minior is a golf ball. Kahili is a golfer. It just works!"

Run 3 said:Is Mienshao underappreciated?
Mienshao was underappreciated by me for a long time but its a good one
Recently for some reason I'm fixated on Squawkabilly cuz I never see anyone talk about it but its a perfect little bird Pokémon. After living with a bird for a while you come to appreciate when bird Pokémon have the right feet shape and stuff like that. The way it hops to walk around is so good. Its also sorta Raticate adjacent as a surprisingly fast Guts Facade sweeper, which I love for Normal types
Oh yeah.

Back
Top Bottom