• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[15] Lilypad vs Dar (ref: blazheirio889)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M&F

tikitok
Pronoun
any
1 vs 1
DQ: 3 days
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, direct healing, Pain Split, moves that KO the user; Chills are restricted to 3 uses in the match
Arena: Centrico Plaza

Centrico Plaza is the crown jewel resting in the core of Lumiose City. Just the Prism Tower, standing at the very center of it, is already one of the most widely recognized landmarks of the entire region; and even the rest of the location isn't too shabby, with verdant gardens, beautifully patterned cobblestone pathes, the sound of the river running underneath the floor, and a surrounding circle of mid-height Kalosian houses, the splendorous local arquitecture adorning the plaza as a foil. Many businesses have come into being at the ground floors of the area, but today, the world-famous roundway of egg hatching is all Asber's, with barriers sealing off all of the many roads leading into the city's very own hub -- and of course, curious crowds gathering at the edges to watch the competition.

For this round of the tournament, each player has been loaned a fresh Pokémon from Kalos. Battles in this round will not last longer than five rounds; if neither Pokémon has fainted by the end of the fifth round, the winning trainer will be the one with the greatest sum of health and energy remaining on their Pokémon.

Lilypad's rental Pokémon

espurr female Espurr <Infiltrator> @ Oran Berry

Dar's rental Pokémon

spritzee male Spritzee <Healer> @ Oran Berry

Up next:
1.Lilypad issues commands
2.Dar issues commands

Last edited:
Sorry I'm late guys!

But YES! Espurr is adorable and we get to battle at the BEST arena!

*Ahem ahem ic now*
Why hello there little Espurr! Can I call you Flo?

Purr!

Okay then Flo! We are going to PWN this guy! Okay? Okay!

So guess what! IT'S VALENTINES DAY! Time to strut your stuff! We're going to make him fall for you so you have a boyfriend on Valentine's Day! Shoot him a few compliments, offer to go grab a coffee at the Cafe's around here, make sure you really mean it! Here, here, give him this box of chocolates! Lemme just smooth down your hair right quick... there! He should be falling hard. There's no reason this shouldn't work, but if he is protecting or detecting, or any other reason he can't be attracted, use a double team. Then when you try again there'll be more Flo's to love!

Afterwards, one of two things will happen. Either attract failed somehow the last action (OR he resisted your irresistible charm and he will likely resist it again now, in which case don't do it again, do the following) and you're doing it again now, or you'll do this. If he has fallen for you, get inside his mind. You need to know what a guy wants! You need to know exactly what your man is thinking at all times. And, you're bound to find something he's thinking that you don't like... he might be thinking of a possible attack, or looking somewhere he shouldn't... show him where your eyes are and activate some pain receptors to discourage that kind of thinking! Ugh, men... Be sure to tell him that this is for his own good, and you're only doing this because you love him. Apologize after.

Now what happened? Is he still attracted/are you attracted to each other? Calm yourself down so you don't make a fool of yourself. Has he broken through the attraction and you can land a hit? Yawn nice and loud - show him you don't care about his distaste in women. You can't land a hit? Keep calming your mind.

Attract/Double Team~Attract/Psychic~ Calm Mind/Yawn

Alright... I'm not going to post that long

So Spritzee... Never used one of these before. This should be interesting. Let's try and avoid both of those Attracts with Magic Coat, and while I don't think she can fall in love with herself (if she can that would be hilarious) it'll at least keep you from falling for her. Afterwards follow up with an Attract of your own. But in the 0.1% chance that she can fall in love with herself, use Moonblast instead.

Magic Coat x2 ~ Attract/Moonblast

EDIT: I would have given it a name but what the fuck do you name a Spritzee

Last edited:
You name it (Spuh) Ray Ray, of course.

(Oh and yes, I have literally just seen a reffing where a pokemon fell in love with itself. This will be fun to watch. Edit it was in a "dayum, I am sexy" kind of way so it isn't that far fetched I guess)

You name it (Spuh) Ray Ray, of course.

(Oh and yes, I have literally just seen a reffing where a pokemon fell in love with itself. This will be fun to watch.)

Nah, I don't think a Pokémon can fall in love with itself, that little detail was just in there because I found the thought amusing

All depends on the ref I guess. But in a certain reffing... (I think it was with a porygon named tetris and a fletchling? Idk. I have a selective memory. Edit: nope I found the porygon one and it is against a panpour. Welp back to the drawing board. Will link when found.) the attract got echoed back at him and he was like, " I have some pretty good pickup lines! I am smooth." and the attract made him fail his next move. Like it turns you into a narcissist. But blazhy might do it differently.

Metallica Fanboy said:
1 vs 1
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, direct healing, Pain Split, moves that KO the user; Chills are restricted to 3 uses in the match

Centrico Plaza is the crown jewel resting in the core of Lumiose City. Just the Prism Tower, standing at the very center of it, is already one of the most widely recognized landmarks of the entire region; and even the rest of the location isn't too shabby, with verdant gardens, beautifully patterned cobblestone pathes, the sound of the river running underneath the floor, and a surrounding circle of mid-height Kalosian houses, the splendorous local arquitecture adorning the plaza as a foil. Many businesses have come into being at the ground floors of the area, but today, the world-famous roundway of egg hatching is all Asber's, with barriers sealing off all of the many roads leading into the city's very own hub -- and of course, curious crowds gathering at the edges to watch the competition.

For this round of the tournament, each player has been loaned a fresh Pokémon from Kalos. Battles in this round will not last longer than five rounds; if neither Pokémon has fainted by the end of the fifth round, the winning trainer will be the one with the greatest sum of health and energy remaining on their Pokémon.

A few Asber trainers arrived too late to catch the plane most of the League was taking to Kalos and therefore had to book travel plans on their own. One such trainer was Lilypad; anxious that she was going to be late, she dashed to Centrico Plaza as soon as her plane touched down, mowing down any unfortunate being in her path and leaving clouds of dust spinning in her wake. She was one of the later trainers to arrive at the Prism Tower, but she was by no means tardy, and both the ref and Dar, Lilypad’s opponent, grinned at her enthusiasm.

The trainers were introduced to their rental Pokemon. Lilypad crouched down before her Espurr and cooed at her. The Espurr stared blankly back, but gave a little mew when a name was bestowed upon her. Meanwhile, a Spritzee was given to Dar. The peculiar fairy floated over and trilled happily at his new trainer. His mood was dampened slightly when he heard his trainer consider his species unnamable, but nevertheless turned to his opponent with an air of determination.

Round One

Lilypad (O)

Espurr @Oran Berry
Flo (F) <Infiltrator>
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Commands: Attract/Double Team ~ Attract/Psychic ~ Calm Mind/Yawn

Dar (O)

Spritzee @Oran Berry
Spritzee (M) <Healer>
Energy: 100%
Commands: Magic Coat ~ Magic Coat ~ Attract/Moonblast

As soon as the referee blew her whistle to signal the start of the battle, Spritzee gave a twirl, releasing a cloud of pinkish smoke that settled on his skin to form a shimmering coat. He then stared at Flo, expecting her to start making a gross googly-eyed puppy dog face at him or something. Instead, Flo squinted suspiciously, recognizing the pinkish coat as something that would prevent any seduction from working. She turned pointedly away from Spritzee and started jogging, slowly picking up speed until she was running, and then sprinting full-tilt. Her shape started to blur and then separated, and when Flo slowed down she was accompanied by four clones. All five Espurr stared stonily at Spritzee, who shivered slightly.

Still not trusting Flo not to fight with underhanded tactics, Spritzee sprayed another cloud of mist to strengthen his magical shield, which had begun to flicker. Flo frowned slightly at seeing the Magic Coat renewed. She knew it would be futile to try to woo her opponent, but her commands gave her no other choice. Also, she was just kind of bad at the whole romance thing. Hesitantly she cleared her throat and mewed what must be one of the most ill-advised pick-up lines to use on a Spritzee: “Did you just fart? Because you blew me away!” She cringed as soon as the words left her mouth, but surprisingly enough Spritzee didn’t look too bothered. Instead, his Magic Coat shimmered, surrounding him in seductive pink anime-like sparkles. Despite herself, Flo was mesmerized. Spritzee leaned in slowly – Flo’s heart was pounding – and he murmured, “Do you have a map? Because I keep getting lost in your eyes.” Oh. He was a lot smoother than she was.

Flo stood there, dumbstruck, for a moment more, before blushing furiously and running away with an awkward squeal that was echoed by her four clones. Okay, okay, she had to calm down. She couldn’t make a fool out of herself in front of Spritzee again. Farts, really? She exhaled heavily, sat down, and closed her eyes. If Flo could get her embarrassing failure out of her mind, surely she’d be able to perform better. With each measured breath her anxiety bled away, and though her heart was still beating a mile a minute her head began to clear.

Meanwhile, Spritzee was squinting at each Espurr in turn, trying to determine which the real Flo was. Of course, given that the clones were identical, he had no such luck. At last he shrugged and took aim at a random one, forcing volatile fairy energy into an unstable ball and launching it at his target. It exploded on contact, but when the light faded away, there was only a scorch mark left on the pavement. Flo cracked open an eye and squinted at where her clone used to be. She hoped that Spritzee knew full well that was a clone and wanted to clear the imposters out so he could focus on the real deal.

Lilypad (O)

Espurr @Oran Berry
Flo (F) <Infiltrator>
Energy: 91%
Status: Still trying to squash the butterflies in her stomach. +1 sp. attack, +1 sp. defense. Has three clones. Attracted (severe)
Commands: Double Team ~ Attract ~ Calm Mind

Dar (O)

Spritzee @Oran Berry
Spritzee (M) <Healer>
Energy: 87%
Commands: Magic Coat ~ Magic Coat ~ Moonblast

Terrain notes
Nothing to note.

Final notes
Dar attacks first next round.
A Pokemon can indeed Attract itself (in fact I just reffed another instance of it in the tournament). Flo deduced that Magic Coat would prevent attraction in the first action, but there was no such conditional telling her not to Attract on the second.
Moonblast hit a clone.

Alright, let's avoid messing with these clones and start off with a Odor Sleuth to find the real one. Follow up with a Dazzling Gleam, but if Flo uses Protect, use Calm Mind. Then use your own Double Team.

Oder Sleuth ~ Dazzling Gleam/Calm Mind ~ Double Team

(OOC - the flavor makes it sound like she's attracted to Spritzee. But she's attracted to herself, right? She wants to like, make herself happy, right? If not then I'll change these attacks but if so this is how I'm writing them. I'm kindof confused on her condition is all.)

Oh, no, Flo.(this is really fun to say btw) Make him work to find the real you. You just can't give yourself out to men like that! Shoot him a Magic Coat - block his attack in style. It looks great on you, by the way.

Next, you know what goes great with you? More of you! Make some more clones, but do it while running away from Spritzee and shielding your eyes. If he's trying to Dazzling Gleam you after you finish making your clones, resist the urge to face him. Gather your clones in a bunch and shield your eyes inside all your clone's fur.

Then, after he stops trying to blind you, surround him. Let you and all your clones get in his mind. Uncover his secrets. Stimulate his pain centers. Have fun! Also, do what you can to restrict his movement to create clones by surrounding him tightly with clones.

If any of these extra movements of surrounding, hiding your eyes, etc, take a full turn, the actual moves take precedent.

Magic Coat~Double Team away from Spritzee~Surround tightly and Psychic

(OOC - the flavor makes it sound like she's attracted to Spritzee. But she's attracted to herself, right? She wants to like, make herself happy, right? If not then I'll change these attacks but if so this is how I'm writing them. I'm kindof confused on her condition is all.)

I think the idea is sort of that Spritzee got to use Attract for free, and Flo's Attract did nothing.

...oh. Well whatever the case is, I'll write a separate flavor for if she's attracted to Spritzee anyway, so if she's attracted to Spritzee, not herself, use this flavor:

Oh, no, Flo.(this is really fun to say btw) Make him work to find the real you. You just can't give yourself out to men like that! Shoot him a Magic Coat - block his attack in style. It looks great on you, by the way. Shininesss is always good for attracting mates.

Next, you know what goes great with you? More of you! Make some more clones, but do it while running away from Spritzee and shielding your eyes. If he's trying to Dazzling Gleam you after you finish making your clones, resist the urge to face him. Gather your clones in a bunch and shield your eyes inside all your clone's fur. He might accidentaly hurt you, he wouldn't want that! It's okay. Everybody makes mistakes sometimes. But he wouldn't want to hurt you with his dazzling smile, of course, so try to shield your eyes.

After that, surround him with clones. If you two are going to be a couple, you need to know what he wants! Get in his mind. And, like I said before, you're bound to find something you don't like... like thoughts of other women, or other innapropriate thoughts... stimulate his pain centers if you find that! But do it out of love. Tough love is what's needed in a relationship. Also, he's going to try to run away and make more of him so you can't focus on the real deal, so stop that! Take your clones and surround him for a tight hug so he can't run away.

If any of the other non-move actions take a full action, do the actual moves instead of the extra stuff.

Magic Coat~Double Team away from Spritzee~Surround tightly and Psychic

Metallica Fanboy said:
1 vs 1

Round Two

Lilypad (O)

Espurr @Oran Berry
Flo (F) <Infiltrator>
Energy: 91%
Status: Still trying to squash the butterflies in her stomach. +1 sp. attack, +1 sp. defense. Has three clones. Attracted (severe).
Commands: Magic Coat ~ Double Team ~ Psychic

Dar (O)

Spritzee @Oran Berry
Spritzee (M) <Healer>
Commands: Oder Sleuth ~ Dazzling Gleam/Calm Mind ~ Double Team

Lilypad desperately shouted commands at Flo, coaxing the Espurr to listen even through the pink haze of infatuation, but it was no use. Her words went in one ear and out the other. Flo sighed dreamily, a sappy smile tugging at the corners of her mouth; she was oblivious to everything but the sight and smell of Spritzee in all his fairy-perfumed wonder.

Normally Spritzee would be somewhat unnerved by the four identical wide-eyed felines staring at him, but his eyes were closed in deep concentration. He lifted his overlarge nose into the air and took a deep breath, drawing air deep into his nasal cavities and extracting a wealth of information from airborne chemicals. There was one scent he was looking for in particular, like the milky smell one might expect from a kitten but with the characteristic sharpness of psychics. That smell drifted towards Spritzee from the right, and he swiveled in that direction. Flo started slightly to see Spritzee zero in on her location with such confidence – she was sure she was indistinguishable from her clones – but she relaxed soon after. Clearly Spritzee managed to single her out because they had a connection!

Love-struck as she was, Flo latched onto her dubious conclusion and squealed softly to herself. If they had a connection, surely they would be together forever! Giddy, she started imagining her future with Spritzee. They weren’t in the same egg group, but true love didn’t care about that; they’d adopt instead, and they would hatch some wonderful kids… Flo was so absorbed in her imagination that she didn’t notice Spritzee start glowing until he was so bright that her eyes hurt to look at him. Yet she couldn’t tear her gaze away as Spritzee grew brighter still, his form eventually disappearing in a cloak of blinding fairy light. Suddenly, all the gathered light blew outwards in a brilliant pulse, shredding through Flo’s clones and causing Flo to stagger. Her eyes burned and her skin stung with fairy energy.

Flo took a moment to gather her wits. She couldn’t believe Spritzee had actually hurt her. Did she do something wrong? What was he thinking? Finally she decided to obey her trainer’s commands and reach into Spritzee’s mind, sifting through his thoughts in hopes of understanding him. Spritzee warbled irritably and shook himself; the feeling of someone rummaging through his brain was simply uncanny. The unsettling feeling quickly morphed into intense pain, however, as Flo viciously pressed on his pain receptors. Flo was astounded to find that Spritzee was hardly thinking about being with her – he was thinking about hurting her! Sure, this was a battle, but that wouldn’t do at all. Spritzee screeched in agony as Flo continued to pummel his brain, until the Espurr decided that he had learned his lesson and retreated back into her own mind.

Spritzee took a moment to recover, during which he gave Flo a wounded glare. When he got his bearings, he began to float in a wide circle, slowly at first, but gradually going faster. His top speed was nowhere near that of Flo’s, and while Spritzee’s form still blurred, when he slowed down he was only accompanied by two copies of himself. Spritzee gave a displeased huff, but two clones would still give him a decent buffer against Flo’s attacks.

Lilypad (O)

Espurr @Oran Berry
Flo (F) <Infiltrator>
Health: 91%
Status: Somewhat hurt by Spritzee’s betrayal. +1 sp. attack, +1 sp. defense. Under the effects of Odour Sleuth (4 more actions). Attracted (moderate to strong).
Commands: attracted ~ attracted ~ Psychic

Dar (O)

Spritzee @Oran Berry
Spritzee (M) <Healer>
Health: 87%
Energy: 80%
Commands: Oder Sleuth ~ Dazzling Gleam ~ Double Team

Terrain notes
Nothing to note.

Final notes
Lilypad attacks first next round.
The effects of Attract are the same whether Flo is attracted to herself or Spritzee. I just found it easier to write the flavour as if she was attracted to Spritzee.
Flo was attracted on the first and second actions.

Last edited:
Question: if I make more clones this round, will Spritzee still be able to smell me? Or does it reset?

Thanks!

____

Why would he hurt you, Flo? How could he even think of hurting you?

You need to change his mind, right now. Yawn to put him to sleep. Just wait - he'll go to sleep soon, but in the meantime calm your mind, or if he's using a damaging move protect. Don't let him hurt you again, accidental or not. After that, make him think only nice things about you by eating all the dreams of battling you. If he's still asleep, use Dream Eater again to eat any mean dreams, otherwise in any other case use Calm Mind. If you're too caught up in his eyes to do anything or the attacks didn't work, (remember those are the same eyes that hurt you AND he would look so cute asleep! You would love to see him asleep. He probably looks like an angel asleep.) delay your commands except for Protect. Remember, delaying commands comes first, so only if Yawn worked first action and he's using a damaging move second action should you protect.

Yawn ~ Calm Mind / Yawn / Protect ~ Dream Eater / Calm Mind / Yawn

Alright, Protect to avoid that first yawn, then follow up with a Disable to prevent him using it again. Then, finish it with a Captivate. Those Special Attacks are annoying.

Protect ~ Disable ~ Captivate

... I honestly was freaking out remembering I didn't account for Magic Coat in my commands. But everything went better than expected!

Metallica Fanboy said:
1 vs 1

Round Three

Lilypad (O)

Espurr @Oran Berry
Flo (F) <Infiltrator>
Status: Somewhat hurt by Spritzee’s betrayal. +1 sp. attack, +1 sp. defense. Attracted (moderate to strong).
Commands: Yawn ~ Calm Mind/Yawn/Protect ~ Dream Eater/Calm Mind/Yawn

Dar (O)

Spritzee @Oran Berry
Spritzee (M) <Healer>
Energy: 80%
Commands: Protect ~ Disable ~ Captivate

While Flo still felt wounded that her dear Spritzee would attack her, she felt that her pounding away at the pain centers in his brain was retribution enough. If she punished him further, he might turn away from her entirely! Flo cringed internally at the thought. They needed time to work out their disagreements, so putting him to sleep wouldn’t do either. Distressed, she stared at her trainer with huge, watery eyes, pleading her to understand her inaction. Lilypad sighed.

It seemed that, despite Flo’s intentions of reconciliation, Spritzee was still distrustful. He pointedly turned away from her and forced pure energy into the air around him, forming an impenetrable dome that surrounded him from every angle. Flo saw the greenish shimmer of the Protect and, knowing that it would block even sound, her spirits fell even more. He didn’t even want to listen to her. She desperately wished she had managed to work in an apology sooner.

So despondent was Flo that she spent the next few minutes moping, wishing she had done things differently. All thoughts of battling had flown out of her mind, to be replaced with plans of getting Spritzee back. She was so absorbed in her thoughts that she didn’t even notice Spritzee let down his shield. In fact, she was only snapped back to reality when she felt an odd twinge in her brain, followed by a most peculiar sense that she was forgetting something very important. Flo gave a confused whimper and sat down, paws scrabbling at her head in bewilderment. Tentatively she tapped into her psychic powers and reached into Spritzee’s mind. That part went off without a hitch, but when she visualized Spritzee’s brain, she found it to be a jumbled mess; she was no longer to distinguish between various sensory parts of his cortex. Opening her eyes, Flo saw that Spritzee and his clones were glaring at her. He must have locked out her knowledge of causing mental pain to prevent her from hurting him again. Flo hung her head in shame.

With her most reliable attack locked away, Flo figured that Spritzee would feel safer around her. Indeed, finally he was meeting her gaze, and that simple eye contact made Flo’s heart soar. Without the crippling heartsickness paralyzing her thoughts, she was finally able to focus on her trainer’s commands. She opened her jaws in a wide yawn, baring her tiny fangs in the cutest way possible and ending it with an adorable mew. Then she stared expectantly at Spritzee, hoping for a positive response.

Spritzee felt an incredible sleepiness wash over him, but he managed to stave off the temptation to fall asleep for the time being. Knowing that keeping her misguided affections could be crucial to victory, Spritzee returned Flo’s Yawn with a flirtatious wink, accentuated with pink fairy sparkles. Flo literally swooned at the sight, struck by his dazzling beauty and thrilled by what she thought was a happy resolution. She grinned and purred joyfully, and Spritzee tried to return the happy gestures, but his eyelids were getting unbearably heavy and he knew it was only a matter of time before he fell asleep.

Lilypad (O)

Espurr @Oran Berry
Flo (F) <Infiltrator>
Energy: 83%
Status: Once again overcome by Spritzee’s charm. -1 sp. attack, +1 sp. defense. Attracted (moderate). Psychic is disabled (4 more actions).
Commands: attracted ~ attracted ~ Yawn

Dar (O)

Spritzee @Oran Berry
Spritzee (M) <Healer>
Energy: 72%
Status: Fighting a losing battle against drowsiness. Has two clones. Will fall asleep in one action.
Commands: Protect ~ Disable ~ Captivate

Terrain notes
Nothing to note.

Final notes
Dar attacks first next round.
Since Psychic was the last move Flo used successfully, it was disabled.
Captivate slowed the decrease in severity of attraction.
Yawn doesn’t exactly do anything to destroy clones, but it is a never-miss attack. Therefore, Spritzee was affected by it, but Flo still doesn’t know which is the real target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom