• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

2012: Doom year? O_O

2012 = Doomsday?

• Yes...and we must fear it!

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I think that it's possible

Votes: 12 13.3%
  • I'm very skeptical about it...

Votes: 22 24.4%
  • Hell no

Votes: 52 57.8%

• Total voters
Of course it won't. Just because it's '2012' doesn't mean it affects the Universe/Earth in any way. It's just a number we've assigned to a period of one full orbit of the sun.

It's when the ancient Mayans predicted the world will end, for those of you who don't know.

The apparent doom date 21/12/12 is the same day that the sun switches it's magnetic poles as well. (I think)

Although I highly doubt the world will end.

PLANET X!!!!!!

Uh, yeah, no.

Anyway's, there's ton of crap about this. I don't believe anything of it.

Type in Planet X on youtube to see some stuff, but it's false. Mostly because this "planet X" would have to be moving at the speed, or faster, then light. I mean, come on, 30 billion light-years, to seven?

It's when the ancient Mayans predicted the world will end, for those of you who don't know.

One of the important discoveries from these ruins is that the Maya had several calendars. One is known as the Long Count calendar, which is reset to day 0 every 1,872,000 days, a period known as The Great Circle (Diamond 2005: 167). The next reset date, by some calculations, is December 21, 2012. Obviously, this calendar is of no interest to the Maya any longer, since their civilization collapsed over a thousand years ago. (Though there are people today who are the descendants of the Maya and the Mayan culture lives on through them.*) Nevertheless, this date is of enormous interest to certain doomsday prophets and New Age astrologers, such as John Calleman, who are spreading the good news either that the Maya knew the date when the world would end or they knew the date when a New Age of Transformation would begin.* (The Mayan glyphs and hieroglyphs aren't crystal clear about what the calendar means.) Too bad they couldn't predict their own collapse.

XD

i really doubt that the world is gonna end on 2012, even though the mayans predicted it.

I voted "I'm very skeptical about it...", but where is the "Why should I care?" option?

i really doubt that the world is gonna end on 2012, even though the mayans predicted it.

aye' it's just a spacial change(sun's poles switching I believe). we don't sy the world will end on a lunatone eclipse or a solrock eclipse, but when it goes solrock-shiny that's a different story.

I've said this a few times, but feel like repeating it here:

If someone ever predicts the end of the world, you should tell them they're stupid and wrong. That way, you get to rub it in their faces if you're right, and you'll both be too dead to care if they're right. Flawless logic :3

The world will end when the vegetables rebel against us.

He's right. I've seen carrots lurking in the hallway at times...

Not really. If the human race isn't gone by then. Doom will come to the earth when the sun goes red giant and the ozone layer evaporates. Letting excess amounts of ultra violet radiation into the earth's atmosphere, cooking the earth. Which will not happen in 10,000 years (Or something like that). So umm... No I don't think the world will end in 2012

I voted skeptical. I mean, sure, it's possible, but somehow I don't think the world is going to end any time soon. And this is coming from a half-pessimist [half-realist].

But if I'm wrong, I could care less considering I'll probably have at least one book published by then, and all the Warriors books will likely be out.

... And it would be just my luck if the last book was due for release on December 26th.

I, personally could care less about what a civilization predicted however many years ago, especially considering they couldn't predict their own collapse. Besides, I don't believe in predictions and things of that nature. It won't really matter much to me, even if it comes true, seeing as I'd be dead then.

If it does end then it will be a glorious year for Great Britain as that is the date that we are having the Olympics here, the last nation on Earth to host the Olympics is a pretty big honour. Wait, 21st of December, thats 5 days after my birthday!

I think Issac Newton predicted the world would end in 2066.

Hey, I believe him more than the Mayans. >>

Back
Top Bottom