• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

alraune likes input pls

Re: maybe this wil get updated!

Baw I've left there for the same reason, and discovered that one of my 'friends' there is homophobic and transphobic. Yay! :|

Anyhow I sort of love your art. I love your chib-esque style, it's completely adorable, and the way you colour in a sort of cel style like the way they used to do traditional animation. But fancier. Especially the pinkish touches to the cheeks and softer areas :D So cute. The silver brawl lucario is my favourite. You should make stickers or something, they all look like perfect stickers.

Baw I've left there for the same reason, and discovered that one of my 'friends' there is homophobic and transphobic. Yay! :|

Anyhow I sort of love your art. I love your chib-esque style, it's completely adorable, and the way you colour in a sort of cel style like the way they used to do traditional animation. But fancier. Especially the pinkish touches to the cheeks and softer areas :D So cute. The silver brawl lucario is my favourite. You should make stickers or something, they all look like perfect stickers.

Thanks! :3 I've seen some websites where you can make and sell stickers with your own images... I might invest in that. I'll need to make a set of safe-from-copyright images for that, though, right? Maybe cupcakes or snack foods, or different expressions of one character or something. One of the things I'm most ashamed of is I don't have very many OCs that aren't related to some other fandom in some way. Versilius is pretty much the only one. :C

Well, I have a friend who does sticker-sheet-commissions, where she draws basically sheets of characters for the commissioner, but that requires actually finding commissioners. |D Drawing copyright characters shouldn't be such a problem, though; I'm pretty sure no one would be after you, definitely not for pokemon stickers or anything. I've seen those being sold before, as long as it's original art.

mooaaaar (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

A zergling
I have a friend at school (well, my only friend at school) is totally into Starcraft so I'm about as into Starcraft as one can be without being able to play it at all whatsoever (like, I know more lore than he does etc but I cannot play worth a shit! RTS is not my thing) The Zerg are my favorites.

Free GIANT MECHANICAL HAT
Just a doodle vaguely related to the somewhat spoilery Henry Hatsworth fanart I posted earlier, but it's kind of harder to tell what the spoiler is without color.

I spent all of creative writing yesterday drawing Tabunne
Mostly in winter clothes

In art we did some emboss stamp thingies in sheets of styrofoam. The teacher lost my original one when I left it with her by her request to show her other Art IV class... The assignment was a still life but since she lost mine before I could print it she let me do whatever I want! So I did Versilius. A print of it is going to be for sale at a local art show tomorrow, but I printed quite a few and kept some.
White on brown
Mountain Dew (looks totally better in person, it scanned in really shitty)
Xmas

So like, everybody's getting into this new Sherlock show and one of my long time RP buddies (who also happens to be a Sherlock Holmes fan) linked me to the episodes and I figured oh well, I'll watch this I guess and it's like. Woah.
Since it's been around since I've tried realism with people (because I can't get anyone comfortable enough to let me stare at them and still go about their business) I figured I'd give it a go while I watched the second episode
20qdlsk.jpg

His eyes and hair really threw me for a loop but I think I got the shape of his face down mostly (well, I kind of made it too short but eh). He looks so interesting! Seeing him and Freeman together in the same room is like two different cartoons with different drawing styles are having a crossover episode, only it's real life. It's crazy to me

Last edited:
Re: Alraune sometimes draws

Omg I love your art so much ahhh you drew Sherlock I love youuuu <333 he's so hard isn't he?! His face is like carved out of stone or something! It's fascinating indeed. Very difficult. :[ But you did it so well. Eeeh. <|

2mpygeo.jpg

Fatty the 4HoL dragon.

With those short little front legs I could just picture how if it were actually on the ground it'd have its fat ol' rumpus in the air and it was just too cute for me to not draw.

Your artwork is especially adorable and I love how precise your lines are. <3~

On you as an engineer, I particularly like how you pose the engineer. The reflective shading is excellently placed, as well. However, the camera's perspective seems a little off. Also, her right arm (on our left) is dangerously pointy. D: I adore how you outlined the engineer here, especially her clothing folds. Her hands look adorable and well shaped, although I'm lame and don't like the lack of a fifth finger. The colors are vivid and match well together. I'd love to see you use more shades in your coloring, if you wouldn't mind. I adore that orange electric plug, as well. :3

Thanks!

The Engineer picture's from around last year or so. I'm glad you think the highlights look okay- I didn't have a white gel pen last year so that was white paint I put on with a pencil. :x Some of my more important colors have dried out since then, I really need to restock on my copics and color stuff again. :< I need to experiment more with layering colors and such too. I get kinda anxious with copics because they're somewhat irreversible. Dry media's usually a little easier to fix, along with digital colors...

Last edited:

2mxhlyp.jpg

We started a watercolor unit in IB art today and this is all I got done. herp

I now have a tumblr for if you like tumblr and blogs

11i09rd.jpg

More watercolor funtime! I had more time to paint this one so it actually looks like something this time.

Thanks!

The Engineer picture's from around last year or so. I'm glad you think the highlights look okay- I didn't have a white gel pen last year so that was white paint I put on with a pencil. :x Some of my more important colors have dried out since then, I really need to restock on my copics and color stuff again. :< I need to experiment more with layering colors and such too. I get kinda anxious with copics because they're somewhat irreversible. Dry media's usually a little easier to fix, along with digital colors...

Besides messing around with a two different friends' copics, I haven't really used them. So, I'm not quite sure if you could layer one color to add shading or if you would have to use another color. Regardless, you might try using a test paper to experiment with your copics before you apply it to your picture if you're feeling uncomfortable about it. It'd be great to see you restock on your coloring art supplies, because you use them quite nicely. Also, I didn't notice that you used paint for the highlights on the engineer, but it worked quite nicely.

On another note, both of those watercolor pieces look soothing and simple, like an adorable greeting card. I especially like the colors you choose one the blue one and I love the splatter effect above the trees.

I love the tabunne and the watercolors, which are especially awesome because I cannot do those. The silver brawl lucario is good too, I like the spotty-ness on it.

(Look at dragonair trying to post in the art forum and failing horribly!)

I am not a good judge of art, but the Tabunne in you're first post is soooooo cute. :D
So, yes, this is the CC you may get from SilverFalcon. But I really love it!

Back
Top Bottom