• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

HG/SS An NU normal mono

Chief Zackrai

pingpong wixard
Oddly specific, right? Anyway, I recently fell in love with Tehnician Persian, so I made a team about it.

Before we start, because of Persian's... less than stellar stats all around (bar speed) I have stacked this team with stat passers.

368.png

Timid w/Swift Swim @Leftovers
252 Hp, 252 Spe, 4 SDef
-Amnesia
-Iron Defense
-Baton Pass
-Surf

Now wait a minute, that isn't a normal type! I know. It was the only NU pokemon I could find that had access to Amnesia, Iron Defense, and Baton Pass (thank you Clamperl). I use it to lead because Defense boost is easy enough to start out with because it makes everything else a lot easier. Surf because Aqua Ring is pointless, and its nice to have water moves sometimes.

203.png

Timid w/Inner Focus @Petaya Berry
252 Hp, 128 Spe, 128 SAtt
-Agility
-Baton Pass
-Psychic
-Substitute

He's the speed passer, and has Psychic for non-Dark Taunt users. Hopefully he can pass a substitute, too, but that's mostly hope.

176.png

Modest/Timid w/Serene Grace @Wise Glasses
252 Hp, 180 Def, 76 SAtt
-Nasty Plot
-Baton Pass
-Roost
-Flamethrower/other

He has the ability to pass Sp. Attack Boosts as well as make himself stronger, so I like this for him. Flamethrower because I needed a way to fight Steel-types before I resort to either Granbull or Tauros. Roost for shrugging off SR damage/etc.

53.png

Modest w/Technician @Life Orb
252 Hp, 4 Spe, 252 SAtt
-Swift
-Water Pulse
-Icy Wind
-Rest/Other

I've been testing this team on Shoddy for a while now, and on the rare (well, no really rare, just not often) occasion I get it to work, Persian sweeps entire teams and I go 6-0. Rest for the unlikely occasion I want to heal. Swift is his primary attack, Water Pulse secondary and Icy Wind is pretty much just for Dragons/Grass types like Breloom that I have no time for. He does alright not boosted, but it is definitely preferred.

210.png

Jolly w/Quick Feet @Toxic Orb
4 Hp, 252 Att, 252 Spe
-Protect
-Facade
-Close Combat
-Crunch

I protect the first turn, so I can get poisoned without taking damage, and then continue to pretty reliably sweep with him. He, to be honest. STAB + 120 base Attack makes for a dangerous combo, even without Guts.

128.png

Jolly w/Anger Point @Liechi Berry
4 Hp, 252 Att, 252 Spe
-Earthquake
-Pursuit
-Return
-Substitute

He does decently enough; although I tend to find his usefulness ends around Heatran. For some reason he outruns all the Heatran I've run into recently which is really good but he tends to fall really easily otherwise. Like, one or two hits by anything he doesn't outrun and he's done. Even sometimes with things he does outrun.

So thoughts/suggestions on all of this.

Looks nice, however I think Ursaring is a better choice than Granbull. Idk, too lazy to check stats, but iirc Ursa has like 130 base attack.

EDIT: Yup, Ursaring is statistically better in every stat.

EDIT2: Ursaring is UU, so nevermind that post.

EDIT3: Since I don't want to post saying nothing, Persian gets a shitload of options over rest (rest on Persian is worthless, looking at its defenses) like Taunt (useful against walls), Thunderbolt, Nasty Plot on its own if Baton Pass fails, U-turn for scouting, Hypnosis, Assist for the lulz, etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom