• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

An RP Idea

Kai Lucifer

A traveller on the winds of time
I'll admit it, most of my RPs if not all have ended (as i believe) prematurely. I think that I have good ideas, but I never have the will to continue them. That's why I've decided to get some feedback from people before I start another one up. I currently have an idea, but I fear it may be a bit too generic, or lacking development, so if you could offer some advice, that would be nice. Here's the backstory.

There is much quarrel in the world of Pokemon. Those who were deemed as legends quarrel and brawl, causing distress to the Pokemon of the land, and there is little Arceus, the divine lord can do alone. It was at this time that Arceus devised a plan.

Meanwhile, in a parallell world, all creatures known as pokemon do not exist. They have adapted and developed in a way similar to that which we have. Nobody questioned the lack of it, because there was never any reason for them to; all is well.

Hoping that the legendaries would be able to learn from this clean world, Arceus, with the help of the lords of time and space, Dialga and Palkia, brought the remaining legendaries to live as humans in the parallell world until a time where peace could once again reign throughout this world.

So the general plot is this: almost three years later, Mew (who is acting as Arceus' representative in the parallell world) leaks that he/she (whoever plays mew chooses) intends to bring the legendaries back into their world after another year has passed. most are fine with it, but some decide that they want to stay in this world.

One of my main concerns with this is that it's too generic; I've seen quite a few RPs based around the legendaries and a few more based around human-to-pokemon transformations, so I've tried to make it the opposite from the PMD games (because there's a few of them too) in that it's the other way around, pokemon-to-human, but I don't know if it's still too generic. Another concern I have is that I won't pay enough attention to it and end up leaving it for dead, which is why if this works, I plan on making somebody else the leader of the main group, someone who I think is an enthusiastic RPer.

So what I'd like now is some feedback. Mainly, some constructive criticism and some further ideas to make it more interesting. If anyone is confused about anything, just ask.

This sounds to be very cool!

I like the idea behind this, because it's not people possessed by legendaries or people turned into pokemon, but a rp were the legendary are turned into humans so they could learn to be better. This should prove to be interesting.

As for the conflict where some of the legendaries don't wish to learn, that could either be very good or very bad depending on how it is played. If played right, it could produce a healthy RP that will have either the "Pro" side winning over the "Con", or vise versa. If played wrong, the RP may spiral down into a self destructive state that will make other lose interest.

I wish you luck in making this. But I do ask...this world they go into, is it like our world? If so, then will it be modern time with computers and stuff? If so, that would so cool seeing these powerful pokemon trying to work a gameboy *snicker*

I wish you luck in making this. But I do ask...this world they go into, is it like our world? If so, then will it be modern time with computers and stuff? If so, that would so cool seeing these powerful pokemon trying to work a gameboy *snicker*
Thanks. And yes, it would be like our world with gameboys. Just without any of the pokemon games, as that would likely cause a paradox.

Back
Top Bottom