• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Animated gifs?

Re: A sprite question...

Well, if you make the frames you can animate them at lunapic. I forgot the ending of the url, so just search for it in google.

As for a program that does it for you, i don't now of one.

Well, they need to be the same size. The exact same size. Then on the home page, click on "Click here to add more files for Animations or Collages" right underneath the "browse" and "upload" buttons. Then go to the drop-down list at the bottom of the nine "browse" buttons and choose whichever option fits and click "Upload".

That's how I blended images for my avatar.

This should be in Artist's Lounge, by the way.

Oh. Okay, how's this thing(yes it sucks)

Oh, that avvie is awesome.

Thanks, I made it myself at Lunapic. ^_^

Now, if you make more sprites, you should make a new thread in Sprites/Pixel Art with the prefix of Suggestions, okay? Just one here is fine, I suppose. Make a lot, don't show them to anyone, then post them all in one thread in Sprites/Pixel Art, got it? ;D

My first issue with your sprite is that it doesn't have a transparent background. Transparentise each frame one by one at Lunapic, save them, then animate those. I never did like non-transparent images.

My second issue is that the two Umbreon frames are not in the same spot. When it transitions from one frame to another, it hops up and down, you see that?

Then, as for the sprite itself, the outlines are a bit messed up. Mainly on the left ear (our right) and tail. In the second frame, the one with yellow eyes and yellower rings, the shades of yellow don't match very well. Were those from Paint's default palette? If so, don't use those colors. Copy the colors from another sprite. I usually prefer using Ampharos's scheme for yellow recolors.

Other than that, it seems okay. Are you new to spriting?

Well, new to animation, at least. Usually with recoloring and mutations you don't have to make sure they're in the same spot.
This one has a non-animation mutation that is pretty good, actually.

That's true. I know exactly what you mean. What I usually do when animating (which I've done very rarely) is put every frame all the way at the top left of the canvas, so that the top and left-most sides of each sprite just scrapes the border of the canvas, get what I mean? That way, provided that both sprites are the same size and in the same position, you'd be guaranteed that they'll animate properly.

Back
Top Bottom