• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

AquaSapphire and MagmaRuby?

Do you think there will be a remake of Ruby and Sapphire?

• Yes

Votes: 42 67.7%
  • No

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • I don't know/care

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Cookies

Votes: 17 27.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zero Moment

Vinyl Scratch
Pronoun
He
I have noticed that in Gen III there was a remake of Gen I and in Gen IV there was a remake of Gen II. Do you think there will be a remake of Gen III in Gen V? If so, post what you think the names are going to be.

Just for the sake of marketing and being able to obtain new pokemon in Hoenn there probably will be. I highly doubt they'll be called AquaSapphire and MagmaRuby or anything along those lines tho.

also, why the hell is cookies a choice on the poll

There was a remake of R/G for its 10th birthday, a remake of G/S for its 10th birthday, so I think it's safe to say that there will be an R/S remake for its 10th birthday.

I like cookies, it's just pointless and seems like the perfect choice for attentionwhoring |:

I have noticed that in Gen III there was a remake of Gen I and in Gen IV there was a remake of Gen II. Do you think there will be a remake of Gen III in Gen V? If so, post what you think the names are going to be.

Probably, but this is not the reason for it and I'm surprised nobody's brought up the probable reason for it.

Namely, that RBY and GSC got remakes because, as of the Gen 2/3 split, they were incompatible with newer games and you couldn't trade your old Pokemon forward. With no GBA slot in the DSi and 3DS, RSE are now incompatible with newer games unless you have an original DS. RSE may not get remakes quite as fast, since original DSs are still quite prevalent despite not being available on the market except used anymore, but they're definitely coming sooner or later.

DPPt, on the other hand, have a bit less of a chance to get remakes in Gen6 as the prior pattern would suggest, since the 3DS is backwards-compatible to DS and there isn't any reason to suspect that an entirely new handheld system will be replacing the 3DS within the scanty 4-5 years it'll take us to get to Gen6.

The only reason I'd want them is because Hoenn was my favorite region geographically, and I'd love to see B/W graphics for it. However, I think the remakes should stop with them, because if they remake Diamond and Pearl for Gen. VI then something is wrong.

No.

(meaning: I don't want there to be because seriously?

But hell they're probably going to do it and I'm probably going to love them because Hoenn was my favorite. :|)

I think they'll redo it for the sake of keeping most of the games on the DS. Gotta keep up with D/P/Pt, HG/SS and B/W!

How about in Gen VI they just do what Gen II's postgame did only you can go back to every other region ever

This so much. Especially if it went reverse-chronologically, so you'd be like: goin' to Kanto now, from Johto. What's this? all the pokemon are like level 100? Awww yeeaah.

I'm still kind of sad that the airport in Unova didn't mean postgame Hoenn. :( I'd much rather have that (possibly in the third game :D?) than a remake.

This so much. Especially if it went reverse-chronologically, so you'd be like: goin' to Kanto now, from Johto. What's this? all the pokemon are like level 100? Awww yeeaah.

Yeah they'd probably have to ramp up the level limit to like 400 so it can keep getting harder. That or you can access them in whatever order you like, so Brock/Falkner/Roxanne/Roark/Chilli/Cilan/Cress could all be roughly as strong as each other, but then Misty/Bugsy/Brawly/Gardenia/Lenora are also the same strength but substantially stronger than each region's first gym leader, or... yeah I dunno.

Plus you'd need a goddamn huge badge case to fit 48 badges.

How about in Gen VI they just do what Gen II's postgame did only you can go back to every other region ever

Every region ever won't fit on a game card, and would take too much time to program into a single game. Nintendo likes to release Pokemon main games / remakes about a year or two apart maximum.

There's certainly enough time/space to put two regions in (see Kanto+Johto in GSC/HGSS), so I kind of hope that instead of re-remaking FRLG they either forego a Kanto retread or put it in as a postgame adventure in an RSE remake.

(Or perhaps put in the two adventures as separate save files in the same cartridge a la Zelda: A Link to the Past + Four Swords? But I guess that's too much wishful thinking and not enough marketing strategy.)

Or they can split the game into two cartridges!

Temporarily save the game file in the 3DS (it's got enough memory to handle it), then swap cartridges when you want to swap regions. Then they can sell it as two games.

While I don't think they'll make one, just because RSE is trade-compatible with all the DS games, I would dearly love a remake just because of nostalgia. It's more possible that they'll stick two regions into one game, like what they did with HGSS.

Every region ever won't fit on a game card
HGSS had most of Platinum in it (in addition to HGSS stuff), and it still didn't break 128 MB. And I'm pretty sure the DS cap is 256 MB? 3DS size cap's at least 1 GB.

I am hoping for a remake version pair where one is Emerald (HGSS are Crystal remakes with Japanese GS encounter lists, remember) and you go to Kanto and Sevii Islands on vacation postgame and the other is FRLG or ideally a better version of Yellow where you go to Hoenn postgame. There would be time machine antics to transfer pokémon.

I don't think it's too likely, though I do expect gen III remakes, but I can hope. BW had something approaching actual version differences.

I'm not sure Gen III needs any improvements besides updating the battle mechanics. I am rather fond of the GBA graphics and wouldn't really want to see them redone in the style of D/P/Pt and beyond, which took me some getting used to (but that might be because I didn't jump in on Gen IV until Platinum and played Leaf Green and Emerald right up until the release).

Hoenn is my favorite region, but I don't particularly want them to do a remake. A revisiting in future games, maybe, but no direct remake of R/S/E.

I really, really want Hoenn remakes because Hoenn's always been my favourite region, for the pokemon and the actual game itself. I'd be annoyed if they didn't do remakes, considering they've done them for Kanto and Johto. Is there a way to move pokemon from GBA cartridges to B/W? because otherwise you have to move pokemon from, say, Sapphire or FireRed to Platinum/Soul Silver and then to Black or White, which is kind of... stupid.

I'm not sure Gen III needs any improvements besides updating the battle mechanics. I am rather fond of the GBA graphics and wouldn't really want to see them redone in the style of D/P/Pt and beyond, which took me some getting used to (but that might be because I didn't jump in on Gen IV until Platinum and played Leaf Green and Emerald right up until the release).

Hoenn is my favorite region, but I don't particularly want them to do a remake. A revisiting in future games, maybe, but no direct remake of R/S/E.
Emerald looked very dated as soon as it came out. FRLG had much nicer sprites and fonts and pretty much everything.
otherwise you have to move pokemon from, say, Sapphire or FireRed to Platinum/Soul Silver and then to Black or White, which is kind of... stupid.
that is how you do it, yes

Back
Top Bottom