• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ASB Halloween Mafia: Day 1

Who should die today?

• Icalasari

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • turbler

Votes: 19 76.0%
  • EvilCrazyMonkey

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Negrek

busy dizzy lazy
Staff member
The residents of ASB Central woke slowly, reluctant to step out of their homes and into the quiet, largely empty streets of the grand city. At around ten in the morning, though, the public alert system crackled to life, blaring the message that all dreaded to hear--that a meeting was being called in the city center, where they would once again be called upon to select one of their own for execution.

The citizens trickled into the meeting place in scattered ones and twos, some glaring around as though hoping to see through some mafia's disguise with their righteous fury, others staring listlessly at the ground. At last, it appeared that all would arrive had done so, and the unlucky member destined to find the last night's kill was called upon to give testimony.

Kratos Aurion had been found on the street outside his home, bloodied hands clutching ineffectually at a deep gash in his abdomen and a twisted expression of agony on his face. Wherever he'd been trying to go, he hadn't gotten far. The crowd shot suspicious glances at one another, a few shaking their heads sadly and others preferring dark mutters.

"Hey, has anyone seen Worst Username Ever around?" one member whispered to another.

A brief census found the member to indeed be absent, and a search party dispatched to her home found the second casualty of the night. Worst Username Ever had been strangled, apparently by someone's bare hands, leaving the populace even more shocked and nervous than before.

Kratos Aurion is dead. He was not mafia.

Worst Username Ever is dead. She was not mafia.

It's revenge time, guys. Who dies today? 48 hours to discuss and name names.

Kratos Aurion had been found on the street outside his home, bloodied hands clutching ineffectually at a deep gash in his abdomen and a twisted expression of agony on his face. Wherever he'd been trying to go, he hadn't gotten far. The crowd shot suspicious glances at one another, a few shaking their heads sadly and others preferring dark mutters.
*Is scared and confused*

The only potentially-useful thing in this post will be a suggestion: Discussing things will be awkward, so there should be a way to show when we're talking about roles and when we're talking about the actual person with the username. I'll use an R when I'm talking about the roles and the username without the R.

Now onto speculation that everyone has probably made o:

Kratos would probably have been killed by the mafia, then, based on the description. WUE, eh, I say moon-pantherR or FMCR killed her, since Wish and probably doesn't cause effects like strangulation; that would make Kratos one of them.

'course anyone who can provide some insight as to WUE's killer wouldn't be believed.

(And also even though I'm assuming the description matches what's in the signup thread it might not be. Also assuming we find the bodies in order that people died.)

lalala so are people going to speak or are we going to pick people to die at random like some of the lamer Mafia games before the crash?

And iirc people who didn't speak were the ones picked off during the day when there was little discussion so it would be in your best interests to talk even if you are in favour of the latter.

Kratos must have been important, to be killed first. I mean, yes there could have been a possibility of his death being random... but he could have been someone that could've solved this case easily, making him number one on the mafia's hitlist. Oh I don't know, this is all just speculation.

However. WUE? That doesn't sound Mafia. I agree with Kusari on this one - it has to be one of the rivals.

But hold on, that completely destroys my previous theory. Kratos would have to be the other one, and that means he would have been training to fight his counterpart rather than trying to figure out who killed who. Therefore, the mafia would only have killed him to evoke a response from his rival so that they'd kill someone else - WUE in this case - thus lowering the amount of work they have to do. However, how would they have known that he was one of the rivals? It makes no sense. Unless someone grassed, there is no way that they could have learned his identity.

They wouldn't have been able to see through Kratos's costume, so the mafia wouldn't have known what type of powers he might have. They might know of a reputation for problem-solving. Or the mafia might have heartlessly picked him at random - they don't need a reason to pick any particular person to kill, as every fresh corpse will instill even more terror into the hearts of the innocents, and every slash can bring them closer to totally destroying their enemies.

If they can destroy two of us in one strike - they couldn't predict it, though perhaps they could have hoped, and it was mere luck that not only killed more innocents but may have neutralised a potential threat.

Well, Kratos does seem like the first person they would go after; he seems pretty logical, and is likely to get a discussion going.

Yes, that does seem logical. I would presume that on night one the mafia wouldn't have anyone specific to go after, and since Kratos has a reputation for mafia, they decided that they might as well kill him off and be done with it; the revenge kill was merely a pleasant surprise. This is all just h=guessing on my part, though.

Unfortunately, we don't have any real leads apart from the whole rival thing, so unless somebody makes a major slip-up, we'll just have to make nominations essentially at random.

We can assume that KA or WUE was killed by the mafia, one of them, but who killed the other one? I don't think the mafia can kill two people in a night (can they?)

- Chiropter(r) and Keta(r) could both have used Wish on one of them.

There don't seem to be any other possibilities. I'm guessing that the mafia killed Worst Username Ever and that Kratos Aurion was killed by two wishes. I don't think two wishes would give the appearance of a strangling. And people would want to keep Kratos Aurion alive for his problem-solving, I guess, skills.

Uh, we're all pretty sure that the kill was by the rivals. I don't think that wish would have the effect of a large bloody gash across the chest, and usually, the game master announces who was killed by the Mafia first before any secondary effects.

...oh really? Mafia kill first?

Oops. Wait, does one rival die and then in the same night the other rival kills someone, or does a rival die and the other rival kill in the night after?

*waves* Involuntary Twitch(r) present and accounted for... oh wait, you mean it's not a role?

Anyway, um. Two people die on the first night. D: Bummer, that. We've gotta pick up our game.

Like most have said before, it seems Kratos was killed by Mafia and WUE by revenge.

And Kratos does seem logical, so that may be why, yes.

Or maybe the Mafia want to kill all the mods so they can either:

1. Tear down TCoD ;-; That's not going to happen while I'm around
2. Make themselves the new mods and make this place evil. Not happening while I'm here.

And now I shall scientifically play around with Kratos' intestines. 'Scuse me for a moment *looks around in case anyone is watching*

first of all the "whismical" music dragon character must be executed lest he level the place then the mafia there-after.

first of all the "whismical" music dragon character must be executed lest he level the place then the mafia there-after.

If we try to execute Music Dragon(r), then we all die. And Music Dragon(r) wins. The end!

Besides, we don't even know who he is. o.o

I propose we kill the person who posts the most in this thread. Either A: they're trying to avoid suspicion or B: they talk too much. So far, Seritinajii seems to be the best candidate. Who agrees with me?

@Keta: Slightly. But this isn't always true.
@ Seritintajii: Hey, it could be a she. Or it. And anyways, doesn't the Mafia have to get Music Dragon, and then he/she/it explodes and stuff after another attempt on he/she/it's life?

Blarg, I've got nothing either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom