• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Ash's biggest mistake in the entire 5 series

CJBlazer

Where have I been at?
Okay, i have noticed this place has been inactive, so I want to make a new discussion. What, in your opinion, was Ash's biggest mistake he ever made in the anime?

In my opinion, it was replacing Thunder. Thunder was amazingly strong (I still remember in the old days, Pikachu used to light stadiums with this move).

His second biggest would be replacing Volt Tackle with Electro-ball. He should have replaced Quick Attack instead.

Oh, but it's supposed to be showing off Pikachu's new move, who cares about Volt Tackle[/sarcasm]

Yeah, VT was truly Pika's trump card, Electro Ball has a larger backdraw in the longrun overall, and it's just stupid to have replaced something as awesome and iconic as VT.

Electra Ball is awesome. Though he should have switched out Quick Attack, if you ask me. In the Hoenn, Volt Tackle won all. I remember Pikachu's cry as well.

Pikapikapiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikachu or something like that.

It was from, I believe, the battle with Blaine in which Pikachu was pitted against a Rhydon, and since the poor rodent was unable to harm the Rhydon's hard skin, Ash told it to aim for the rhydon's horn, which somehow conducted the electricity.

It was from, I believe, the battle with Blaine in which Pikachu was pitted against a Rhydon, and since the poor rodent was unable to harm the Rhydon's hard skin, Ash told it to aim for the rhydon's horn, which somehow conducted the electricity.

Yep, you're correct!

But I guess it's not a mistake if it worked

Last edited:
But Kanto was never consistent! They regularly show Ash's Pikachu getting its ass handed to it by ground types now! At least do your research...

Rhydon's horn worked like a lightningrod, like it does in the games (for Rhydons with the "Lightningrod" ability). However, in the games Rhydon doesn't receive any damage. Previously it was because it was a Ground-type, and past 5th gen because Pokémon with "Lightningrod" are immune to Electric attacks.

IMO, Ash had Pikachu stop using Volt Tackle when it learned Electro Ball because he realized that it may not be as powerful or any of that, but it saved Pikachu from the fact that VT actually wore Pikachu out about as fast as if Pikachu was being beat on the whole time. Or at least, it SHOULD have been like that, seeing as in the games it has one of the largest recoils (1/3 damage, high output (which means that 1/3 damage recoil is a LOT)). Electro Ball can reach the same amount of damage, especially because Ash's Pika is super fast half the time, without the same repercussions of recoil. The attacks take about the same time to prepare anyway, just one is mainly at distance and the other is while charging. Plus, ever since Pikachu had Iron Tail, it's tail has been one of its main assets, and I like the fact that they went back to that with Electro Ball.

How about getting rid of Charizard.

Seriously.

Now Charizard is a Gandalf that shows up to save the day when his other pokes just plain suck.

Releasing Charizard. Also, not using Muk and Kingler more often. Also, HE SHOULD'VE KEPT PRIMAPE! THEY WERE GETTING ALONG SO WONDERFULLY AND ARGH.

I think an ongoing theme of the Pokemon series is that ASH ISN'T REALLY THAT GOOD OF A TRAINER.

Back
Top Bottom