• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Astral vs Wyvern

Grass King

1vs1
DQ Time: 5 days.
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, 6 chills/healing moves altogether
Arena: Rhotus Field

The arena is a plain, grassy field, flat as can be. Clay-like mud may make it difficult for Pokemon to use Dig, Mud-slap, etc. There is a large fountain in the middle of the field, although it is non-functional due to age. However, the base is still full to the brim with water. Around the perimeter of the field (slightly inward, so they are mostly on the field still) are stone structures of various sizes. If they are impacted with any significant force at all, the stones will crumble and probably damage whatever's underneath them.

At a 5% chance per round, the top of of the fountain will explode and release a shower of rain on the field, effectively causing Rain Dance.​

Wyvern's Party:

[Rory] Riolu (Male)
Ability: Steadfast

[Bel] Houndour (Female)
Ability: Flash Fire

[Ben] Buizel (Male)
Ability: Swift Swim

Astral's Party:

Phanpy [Valor] (M)
Ability: Pickup
Signature Attribute: A Different Outlook

Slowpoke [Pirrk] (F)
Ability: Own Tempo
Signature Attribute: Dual-Minded

Grimer [Eretus] (M)
Ability: Stench

Taillow [Rotia] (M)
Ability: Guts

Zangoose [Z] (F)
Ability: Immunity

Torkoal [Waka] (M)
Ability: White Smoke

Notes:
Astral sends out
Wyvern sends out and issues attacks
Astral issues attacks​

I'll choose Bel, my Houndour!

Alright Bel, we've got a nice easy Flying type for your first match. First of all we'll Burn it with Will-O-Wisp, then we'll go straight for it's weaknesses with Thunder Fang. After that, let's be evil and come up with a Nasty Plot for it.

Will-O-Wisp ~ Thunder Fang ~ Nasty Plot

(Note: sorry about that. My first battle and I meant to read the rules first but forgot x.x)

Last edited:
Okay, Rotia. Right now, Burn is a no-no, so let's start by using a Double Team to avoid the Will-o-Wisp. After that, let's wait and see if he actually hits you with Thunder Fang; if he hits a clone, use Mirror Move, and if he hits you, use Counter immediately afterwards. Then use Facade to close up the round.

Double Team ~ Mirror Move/Counter ~ Facade

((I think I should be able to do that; I read over the rules a couple times before posting this and it didn't say anything about only keeping to three attacks, unless I totally missed it))

Astral
[Rotia]taillow(M)

Health: 100%
Energy: 100%

Wyvern
[Bel]houndour(F)

Health: 100%
Energy: 100%

Round 1:

The two trainers walked to their positions, before the ref appeared in a mystical flash (one of the leagues Abra). The two trainers sent out their respective Pokemon. Astral sent out his Taillow, Rotia. Meanwhile, Bel, the Houndour appeared on Wyvern's side of the battling arena. The two trainers issued commands, before their Pokemon locked eyes, and the ref declared the battle started.

Rotia started out by zooming around the arena, before he slowly came to a stop. However, to Bel's surprise, there were five extra Taillow. Bel looked around at the Taillow surrounding her, before forming a blue orb of flames in her mouth, and firing it at one of the Taillow. The attack moved fairly slowly, and when it hit the opponent, the flames and the opponent simply vanished!

Bel looked around the Taillow again, before filling her fangs with electrical energy. She then rushed at one of the Taillow, and clenched her jaws. However, this time she hit the right target, and the electricity rushed through the bird’s body. Rotia, his clones quickly fading, lifted his wing up, before lowering it, slamming Bel onto the ground. Bel, happy that there was now only one Rotia, retreated slightly.

Rotia flew towards Bel, before beginning to beat her with his wings and talons. It was a while before she decided to relent from her attack. Bel however, simply stared into space, deeply thinking of ways to get back at the stupid bird. She smirked, or the Houndour equivalent, as she thought.

End Of Round 1

Astral
[Rotia]taillow(M)

Health: 92%
Energy: 80%

Wyvern
[Bel]houndour(F)
Special Attack +2

Health: 74%
Energy: 88%

Notes:
Astral attacks first
Post any comments or queries​

'Kay, Rotia. Good job so far.

First, we shall Toxic the mutt, and give him a little nasty to deal with. Follow up with Swagger, and see if you can lead 'em to one of the stone structures. If she does follow, try to encourage her to use some sort of physical move; then, at the last moment, pull out of the way using Agility and let her hit the structure. If she doesn't follow, finish up with Aerial Ace and get out of the range of her mouth, okay? We don't want another Thunder Fang, again.

So, that's Toxic ~ Swagger ~ Agility/Aerial Ace

Keep it up Bel, we can win this!

Toxic and Swagger, AWFUL moves. Taunt it to prevent it from using them, then make it sweat with Sunny Day. If Sunny Day fails, use Sucker Punch when it's just about to hit you with Aerial Ace. If Sunny Day works, lock him up with Fire Spin.

Taunt ~ Sunny Day ~ Sucker Punch/Fire Spin

Back
Top Bottom