• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[B/W] Team Walrus

Well I made this team a while back, around the time of suspect testing round 2. It peaked at 37 on the ladder so I figured I'd bring it out of retirement to see how well it would fare at this point in the metagame. Turns out, even with all the changes, it still performs like a well oiled machine, but I feel it could be better. So to you, the good team raters of TCoD, I present Team Walrus!

Spr_b_5b_445_m.png

Garchomp (M) @ Life Orb Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Double Chop
- Fire Blast
---
I want to start off by saying this is not a gimmick. Garhomp is such a reliable lead and easily wins matchups against more common leads like Tyranitar, Metagross and Heatran. Double Chop breaks Focus Sashes (i.e. Ninjask, other gimmicky things) and Sturdy, Fire Blast handles Forretress and Ferrothorn handily. Earthquake is obvious STAB. If I feel their lead beats mine, I switch to the appropriate check or counter and let them do what they do best. No trouble with this guy as of now so I highly suggest that he stays on my team.

Spr_b_5b_121.png

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Boil Over | Hydro Pump
- Rapid Spin | Hidden Power Fire
- Psycho Shock | Psychic
- Recover | Ice Beam | Thunderbolt
---
Starmie is one of my two water counters/ checks and also a nice switch in to Gyarados if one may try to crap on my parade. I am really torn between which moves I really should run on this guy though. Boil Over is pretty handy at maiming obvious switch ins like Ferrothorn and any Tyranitar brave enough to risk a burn, however Hydro Pump packs more immediate power, but at the cost of accuracy. Rapid spin seems useless however due to me lacking Taunt, I usually can get set up on if something has the chance. Psycho Shock vs Psychic was really this: Do you want to beat Blissey and Jellicent, or do you want to be able to do heavy damage to Conkeldurr? I do find beating Conkeldurr a tad more important as other things can handle the low and average defenses respectively of Blissey and Jellicent. Revcover in the last slot is preferred, however Ice beam lets me maul any dumb dragons trying to switch in and Thunderbolt just lets me beat Jellicent even more. So yeah, opinions needed here.

Spr_b_5b_479W.png

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Volt Change
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Trick
---
This is my primary revenge killer, for stuff like Gyarados and also another water resist which I need. He also beats Excadrill, because it can basically only rock slide it and hope for three turns of flinches. I outspeed non scarf Landorus as well as +1 Gyarados. Trick can screw up walls and is also great in situations where limiting something to a single move choice makes it near useless, like Thundurus.

Spr_b_5b_212_f.png

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Quick Attack
- Superpower
---
This is a Reuniclus and general Rock type/ Psychic type "check" so to say. It can also scout and revenge kill when needed. No9t really much to say about this guy, if you know Scizor, you know his job is pretty straight foward.

Spr_b_5b_639.png

Terrakion @ Balloon
Trait: Justice Heart
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
---
Terrakion is a highly underrated threat this generation. Sure, his typing may put upon him the burden of so many weaks, yet he has so many useful resistances as well. Rock Polish, as you know, is a +2 to speed, and Swords Dance is a +2 to Attack. In order words, I can double both these stats at my liking. Air Balloon grants me a ground immunity so I can easily set up on things like Choice Banded Landorus locked into earthquake. Stone edge and Close Combat are STAB, and only a few pokemon in the entire game resist it, majorly Golurk, but he is handled by almost my entire team anyway so he is a minor threat.

Spr_b_5b_386S.png

Deoxys-S @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Psycho Boost
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Superpower
---
Terrakions partner in crime. He is mainly used late game to sweep when stuff is weakened. Psycho Boost is a broken move that does massive damage to anything that doesn't resist it, and BoltBeam is there for coverage. Helps me deal with things such as Dragon Dance Gyarados and Scarf Garchomp/Hydreigon. Superpower OHKO's Tyranitar if it dares to switch in and try to take a Psycho Boost.

First off, this is a really well-constructed team, so hats off to you for that. The two threats that cause your team a bit of trouble, would be Breloom (especially the DW variant) and Scarfed Kyurem. Tornadus, Genesect and Volcarona in sun might threaten your shot at victory, as well, but that's all I can think of at the moment.

Well Techloom isn't out yet, so its not really a threat as of now. Kyurem is walled by scizor completely, so unless it predicts my switch and uses HP fire I would say I am good there too. Tornadus is walled by Rotom, cant do much to it anyway while I just spam Volt Switch. Genesect also is banned as it isn't released lol x__x. Volcarona I have had a few problems with actually, nut regardless even if its in the sun, it has half its health provided I get rocks up (while I have not failed to do yet) plus deoxys still outspeeds after a Butterfly dance and nets a clean kill with Psycho Boost even with +1 Sp. Defense.

Back
Top Bottom