• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Banning?

Luxcario

'Humans are interesting.'
Pronoun
he
THIS MAY SEEM STUPID

I regularly look in the Introductions forum. To my little knowledge, there are quite a few new members. About a day, sometimes as little as two hours, have they been active...before they are banned. Something might be is going on. Surely they can't all be trollers or people that break the most serious rules? Or is my TCoD suddenly awash with trollers?

Thanks to Butterfree for telling me where this should go.

Aha!
EDIT: Now here is the weird thing. I happen to know that if you change your usertitle to "Banned" it brings up six asterisks. But the newest member (as I'm posting at the moment) has a usertitle - Banned - without the asterisks. However, THEY ARE ONLINE AND LOOKING AT THE INDEX.

Please help...

Trust me, we don't ban people arbitrarily because idk, I found a piece of banana flake in my Coco Pops this morning. There's just been a little spike in crazy.

I'm pretty sure they are still banned; maybe they count as online and viewing the index anyway for one reason or another.

And yes, if people are banned very shortly after joining, there is a reason.

If they were banned within the last twenty minutes they'll still show up as active.

Desolat(er) was a member we'd had previously who spammed all over the shop, and Tasty Treat posted terribly inappropriate comments in the Behind the Avatar thread which Cirrus deleted. Yes?

They just show up because the site still registers users as active within ~20 mins of their last action. It doesn't really matter.

Thank you, Twilight. The mods seem to know about lots of the members. I'm just lucky I didn't go into Behind the Avatar.
EDIT: Spammed all over...the shop?

The shop! The place, the area, the little piece of Internet we have here, etc.

It's not like that time when I went berserk and got banned.

You didn't miss anything except the bannination of what is hopefully just a few spambots.

This was on the last incarnation of the forum, which got wiped completely. (most) banned users got a second chance.

Yeah, but like uv said, I got a second chance during the forum move and I haven't gigantically screwed up yet! I just got a few years older, I guess. But we had quite a few episodes of it on the old forums. It's relatively quiet now from what I know, which is good.

Oh, I yelled at a fair few people.

Not really a story to it other than a bad bout of GIFT and boredom, I think.

Back
Top Bottom