• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[Black & White]

Chief Zackrai

pingpong wixard
so... I am already thinking of a competitive team for Black & White. The usual Help+Crit is appreciated.

426.png

[Gerome] N: Modest Ability: Aftermath Item: Life Orb
Shadow Ball
Explosion
Thunderbolt
Hypnosis

So BOOM BOOM Drifblim. Not much to say. Regular EV spread.

579.png

[Franklin] N:Timid Ability: Magic Guard Item: Life Orb
Psychic
Energy Ball
Focus Blast
Toxic/ Something like this.

Yay Rankurusu! He's like a slow Alakazam with Timid to help that. EVs in HP and Speed. Oh! plus Life orb with Magic Guard.

461.png

[Kevin] N: Adamant Ability: Pressure Item: Choice Band
Ice Shard
Ice Punch
Pursuit
Brick Break

Must I even say anything?

73.png

[Harold] N:Modest Ability: Liquid Ooze Item: Ugh. What can Tenta Use?
Surf
Sludge Bomb
Rapid Spin
Toxic Spikes

Spinning Sweeper? Also sets (Toxic) Spikes.

468.png

[Steeve] N: modest Ability: Serene Grace Item: Lefties/King's rock
Air Slash
Thunder Wave
Flamethrower
Signal Beam?

Broken Togekiss is Broken? What else is there?

472.png

[Edward] N: Adamant Ability: Hyper Cutter Item: Expert Belt
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Stealth Rock
Iron Tail/ Swords Dance?

Gliscor from Platinum? I don't know.

maybe you should wait until the mechanics have been worked out first. anyway, rankurusu does not want timid. it will not outspeed /anything/.

Example of waiting for understanding of new mechanics: the held item that supposedly ignores type immunities. If it really works as advertised, then spinning tentacruel wants it so that it won't be spinblocked by ghosts. I don't know what testing's been done with that, though, so. Patience!

Example of waiting for understanding of new mechanics: the held item that supposedly ignores type immunities. If it really works as advertised, then spinning tentacruel wants it so that it won't be spinblocked by ghosts. I don't know what testing's been done with that, though, so. Patience!

Actually, it has been confirmed - it's the other way around. As in the Pokémon /holding/ the Aiming Mark becomes vulnerable to their immunities. It's theoretically meant as Klutz -> Switcheroo fodder but ends up being worthless in the end. Give Tenta Leftovers / Black Sludge.

testers say it ignore immunities on the holder. so, say, a ghost holding it would be subject to normal moves, but a spinner is just losing its immunities. which is silly.

Ah. Yeah, as I said, I hadn't heard anything beyond the initial vague reports. Never mind that, then.

testers say it ignore immunities on the holder. so, say, a ghost holding it would be subject to normal moves, but a spinner is just losing its immunities. which is silly.

Now hold on a minute. Claydol can learn Trick, right? So maybe Trick this onto the spinblocker on a predicted switch...? That was rather off topic though.

Gliscor supposedly has access to the Poison Heal ability in Gen 5. No idea how these new abilities work in terms of obtaining them (I know they're from the Dream World - that's it though). Best wait until we all have the game.

Back
Top Bottom