• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Blastoise Fortooate VS. Legendaryseeker99

RespectTheBlade

rage against the dying of the light
Blastoise Fortooate said:
2v2 Single
DQ: Eight days
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Spit Up, Direct Healing moves heal half of the normal amount, no fully-evolved or one-stage pokémon

Arena: Odd Glowing Stone Quarry

The place of the battle is a high-walled stone quarry at dawn, the rocky walls strewn with sparkling pieces of something a geologist would be able to identify. On the largest, flattest rock wall, a layer of stone has been cut away, revealing a large amount of differently-sized, egg-shaped glowing stones. These dense stones, seen here, are swirled with multiple colors and seem to be a pressurized cocktail of every evolution stone, with trace amounts of something a lot like rare candy. The quarry has been evacuated while scientists from all regions test the rocks, but thankfully the omnipotent Asber government has secured the place for a battle first.

Upon being sent out, each pokémon will swallow one of the rocks. The main effect of the rock is, basically, that they temporarily imbue the subject with all of the powers that they would gain upon evolution. The pokémon have full access to the movepools of their highest stage of evolution, have the same stats, and are basically identical to their fully-evolved forms except for their actual physical characteristics and their abilities. Bagon are suddenly able to Fly, for example, with needed appendages of shifting multicolored energy forming as needed.

The arena itself, a mostly round area with a diameter of about a hundred feet, has a deep impression (the size of a large snorlax) that currently is filled with about ten or twelve feet of muddy rainwater. Chunks of marble and sandstone are strewn about, and a few thin trees covered with foliage are dotted about, surrounded by scraggy brown grass. Walls of rock rise high up into the air, and the surrounding area is mountainous and covered with puffy white clouds. The soil is a mix of reddish clay and gravel.

Blastoise Fortooate's Active Squad

Wiggles the Male Magikarp
Ability: Swift Swim

Mort the Male Gastly
Ability: Levitate
Item: Nevermeltice

Kitten Gin the Female Hoppip
Ability: Chlorophyll

Bépya the Male Bulbasaur
Ability: Overgrow
Item: Miracle Seed

Tandy the Female Yanma
Ability: Speed Boost

Panpan the Male Aipom
Ability: Run Away

Silkwing the Female Sewaddle
Ability: Chlorophyll
Item: Enigma Berry

Curare the Female Croagunk
Ability: Anticipation
Item: Reaper Cloth

Mister Noir the Male Mime Jr.
Ability: Filter

Legendaryseeker99's Active Squad

Eurastar the Female Cleffa
Ability: Magic Guard

Mercury the Male Oshawott
Ability: Torrent

Umbra the Male Lampent
Ability: Flash Fire

Venus the Female Snivy
Ability: Contrary

Rasvata the Female Vulpix
Ability: Flash Fire

Leafpaw the Male Shinx
Ability: Intimidate

Neptune the Male Vanillite
Ability: Ice Body

Rng says:
-Legendaryseeker99 sends out pokemon
-Blastoise Fortooate sends out pokemon and attacks
-Legendaryseeker99 attacks
-I ref.

Let's go, Wiggles.

[Wiggles] Magikarp [♂]

Start off with a Fire Blast. Use Earthquake, and try to dislodge some rocks from the walls if you can! Chill on the third action, I guess, while near the bottom of the pool. Just use Dragon Dance if he protects or can't be hit for some reason.

Fire Blast/Dragon Dance ~ Earthquake/Dragon Dance ~ Chill

*FACEPALM*

Okay Zephyr, first you have to take a hit and use Mirror Coat. Make sure that Fire Blast hits you. Don't worry, we'll get that health back later.
Then, hover up out of Earthquake's range and Taunt the little carp.
Finally, use Hail to start recovering your health.

Mirror Coat~Hover up+Taunt~Hail

Round 1

The sun is barely rising in the skies of Asber. Dawn, the time when Murkrow, Absol, and strange, unpopular teenage vampires come out to play. A recently abandoned quarry lays right in the middle of a mountainous area. It's not much more than a hole in the ground. All the mining equipment has been moved. A pool of rainwater has formed towards one side, and stable, iron red soil lies to the other. But the main feature of this quarry is the most important. Mysterious stones that are stored with the concentrated energy of pokemon evolution lie all over the arena. The red-blue stones glow ominously, the pure power radiating from their cores. It is here that a battle of epic proportions (or something) will take place.

The ref teleports in with his Kirlia, and Blastoise with his Mime Jr. Legendaryseeker arrives shortly after, with his Cleffa, his hair singed from some sort of fire. "Metronome rolled Explosion twice before Teleport.", he says. The ref raises his flags, and signals for both trainers to release their pokemon. Blastoise pulls a Net Ball from his belt and tosses it into the pool. A few moments later, a Magikarp appears on the surface. Legendaryseeker plucks an Ultra Ball from his bag, and tosses it towards his end of the quarry, and a small ice cream cone pops out. Er, wait. It's a pokemon. The Vanillite stares around at the rust red arena, and immediately spots a small red blue stone. Now, most people would think that it's not safe to ingest a glowing stone. However, Zephyr's first thought was <Candy!>, so in his mouth the stone goes. Immediately, he begins to glow with the arcane power as well. Mr. Wiggles, not wanting to be at a disadvantage, swims down and eats a rock at the bottom of the pool. His power level skyrockets to over 9000, and the energy flows through him. He gets a taste of power that a Magikarp can only dream of. And the best part is, he can use it. The ref raises his flag, and signals for the match to begin.

Team Blastoise Fortooate (OO)

Magikarp
[Magikarp] Mr. Wiggles (M)
<Swift Swim>
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Mood: <I feel... powerful. They will pay for their insults. I am now a GOD.>

Team Legendaryseeker99 (OO)

Vanillite
[Vanillite] Zephyr (M)
<Ice Body>
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Mood: <That must have been a really rare candy.>

Round 1 Begin!

It's common knowledge that Magikarps are fast. It makes up for their virtual worthlessness. Mr. Wiggles, though, has had enough of the laughter, the sacrifice, and the splashing...no, the splashing will end. In his new form, he gains the confidence and ability to seriously mess with people's heads.

<Heheheh.. you will pay, ice cream thing. The laughter... the names... all of it... ends NOW.>

With that, and a surge of almost overconfidence, the energy swirling around Mr. Wiggles turns blazing hot. He opens his mouth, and the energy shoots out in a single large flaming ball. It hits Zephyr, exploding into a five-pointed star. The Vanillite shrieks in pain as the flames lick at his icy form. The pain is nearly unbearable, but Zephyr endures it. Then, he smirks as he reveals the shimmering mirror coat he'd been wearing to Mr. Wiggles. He then shoots out a white beam of energy straight at the menacing magikarp, blasting him with twice the power of the Fire Blast. Mr. Wiggles loses a bit of his confidence at the blow.

<Insolent fool, you'll be sorry. You don't think I won't tear you to shreds? first you, then your trainer, and then THE WORLD!! WAHAHAHA!>

The ref uneasily looks at Mr. Wiggles, slightly shaken by the threat of world conquest. He makes a mental note to destroy this quarry later. Meanwhile, the energy around Mr. Wiggles swirls and forms into a large tail, like that of an actual Gyarados. It then lifts up and quickly slams into the ground with a large force. Zephyr senses the earthquake a mere second before it happens, but he doesn't have enough time to react and takes the full force of the blow. The quake shakes the entire quarry, cracking the ground and dislodging several rocks, causing them to tumble down from the walls of the arena towards the middle. The strange glowing rocks soon crowd the arena. Zephyr floats up, not wanting to be hit by yet another earthquake. Zephyr then acts on his trainers orders and taunts the glowing karp.

<Pfft, what's there to be sorry for? You haven't evolved yet, all you are is an unappealing glowing fish. You don't even taste good served on a silver platter. As soon as we leave here, you'll be a pathetic magikarp again. You've got nothing on me. I'm awesome, and you're just sad.>

At hearing this, Mr. Wiggles goes on a very charecteristic RAEG, slamming into the walls of the quarry with swirling tendrils of energy. He is unable to chill. Infact, he is unable to get his blood temperature below boiling.The tendrils of energy flail around a long range of the quarry. One even slaps Zephyr in the face. Angered, Zephyr nearly stikes back. He quickly remembers he has orders, and charges a ball of icy energy in front of him. The ball then shoots out a light bue beam into the sky. Moments later, the sky darkens and hailstones begin to fall. The hail falls, stirking everyone and everything in the arena. Mr. Wiggles doesn't notice, he's too busy RAEGing. Zephyr does, however, and as the hailstones stick and meld to him, he feels his form grow more stable.

End Round 1!

Team Blastoise Fortooate (OO)

Magikarp
[Magikarp] Mr. Wiggles (M)
<Swift Swim>
Health: 66%
Energy: 78%
Mood: <GRAAGGH RAAAAEEEG.> Upset, trying (and failing) to control his anger.)

Team Legendaryseeker99 (OO)

Vanillite
[Vanillite] Zephyr (M)
<Ice Body>
Health: 76%
Energy: 73%
Mood: <Yay! Hail!> Slightly scared of Mr. Wiggles.​

Arena Notes:
The quarry looks as if it has suffered an earthquake. The waterline has receeded a bit(about 2 feet) and cracks have appeared in the bare ground. 10-15 glowing rocks have dislodged themselves from the quarry walls and fallen to the center of the quarry. They are scattered around the center of the field like a few barricades. (such as the rocks in pewter gym in the anime) There is still a clear path between both battlers.

Ref's Notes
-Fire Blast dealt 16% damage, Mirror Coat rebounded it for 32% damage.
-A Vanilluxe is just a hair slower then a Gyarados, strangely. Therefore, Mr. Wiggles was able to hit Zephyr with Earthquake before he floated up.
-I'm pretty sure "Float up + Taunt" doesn't count as a combined move. I could be wrong, if so I can edit the reffing if need be.
-Mr. Wiggles used Rage instead of Chill because of being taunted. And, well, because he was angry.
-Zephyr recovered 2% health because of Ice Body, and Mr. Wiggles suffered 2% damage because of the hail.
-It will cost Zephyr an extra 1% energy per action to remain floating.
-Be sure to tell me any problems you might have on the reffing.

Next Round
-LS99 attacks
-Blastoise attacks
-I save the world from magikarp domination ref.

Last edited:
Wow, I'd saw the numbers wrong, I thought Gyarados had lower Speed XP

First, we should weaken some of the damage to you with Acid Armor. Next, if the psychopathic Magikarp hits you with an attack, use Avalanche on him for the damage boost. If not, hit him with an Ice Beam. Finally, use the Hail to your advantage with a Blizzard. If your enemy changes the weather, use Hail. If anytime he's unable to be hit, such as Protecting or underground or something, use Mist.

Acid Armor~Avalanche/Ice Beam/Mist~Blizzard/Hail/Mist

Last edited:
I didn't see Mr. Wiggles was taunted until now, and the reffing is complete. If you really want me to redo it I will do, but I want to ask before because I was really inspired and don't want to rewrite again because it's gonna be lame and anyways Mr. Wiggles' Roar and Sandstorm didn't do much in the circumstances so if you don't mind we'll keep it as it is, but it's really up to you LS99.

Also it is perfectly logical to roar and whip around our tail to summon a sandstorm when we are angry, no?

Last edited:
I think I'd make more sense to just directly attack out of Rage, and moreso as having the temperament of a Gyarados, but whatever (as long as whatever was reffed didn't just blatantly ignore the Taunt)

Yeah it just blatantly ignored the Taunt I'm afraid -

But in the end, it doesn't change anything beside I think 2% health on Zephyr, so I could just add that and say it was MAGIC

Last edited:
2v2 Single
DQ: Eight days
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Spit Up, Direct Healing moves heal half of the normal amount, no fully-evolved or one-stage pokémon

Arena: Odd Glowing Stone Quarry

The place of the battle is a high-walled stone quarry at dawn, the rocky walls strewn with sparkling pieces of something a geologist would be able to identify. On the largest, flattest rock wall, a layer of stone has been cut away, revealing a large amount of differently-sized, egg-shaped glowing stones. These dense stones, seen here, are swirled with multiple colors and seem to be a pressurized cocktail of every evolution stone, with trace amounts of something a lot like rare candy. The quarry has been evacuated while scientists from all regions test the rocks, but thankfully the omnipotent Asber government has secured the place for a battle first.

Upon being sent out, each pokémon will swallow one of the rocks. The main effect of the rock is, basically, that they temporarily imbue the subject with all of the powers that they would gain upon evolution. The pokémon have full access to the movepools of their highest stage of evolution, have the same stats, and are basically identical to their fully-evolved forms except for their actual physical characteristics and their abilities. Bagon are suddenly able to Fly, for example, with needed appendages of shifting multicolored energy forming as needed.

The arena itself, a mostly round area with a diameter of about a hundred feet, has a deep impression (the size of a large snorlax) that currently is filled with about ten or twelve feet of muddy rainwater. Chunks of marble and sandstone are strewn about, and a few thin trees covered with foliage are dotted about, surrounded by scraggy brown grass. Walls of rock rise high up into the air, and the surrounding area is mountainous and covered with puffy white clouds. The soil is a mix of reddish clay and gravel.

Pre-Round

Mr. Wiggles, completely and utterly absorbed in his red-eyed RAEG, was flailing about in the shallow pond of water, impatiently waiting for orders. Blastoise couldn’t do anything, though – the referee was gone. He tried (and failed) to calm his RAEGing Magikarp while Legendary Seeker called the League.

“Why did he flee anyways?” he asked.

Blastoise had the feeling it had something to do with Mr. Wiggles, but randomly answered: “Oh, probably just out there fighting the forces of evil with his magical sword, you know how he is…”

Legendary Seeker nodded, and a moment after the League finally answered. The buzzing voice in the cell phone said something along the lines of: “Well, it may take months- oh no wait you’re lucky LotF happens to be desperate for money, he’s coming.”

A few minutes later, a terrifying rumble was heard and Lord of the Fireflies arrived, riding his trustworthy Piloswine (screw Fly), waving his flags and blowing in his trumpets.

Team Blastoise
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

wiggles1tr.gif

Mr. Wiggles – male
<Swift Swim>
Health: 66%
Energy: 78%
Status: “GRAAGGH RAAAAEEEG.” Upset, trying (and failing) to control his anger.

Team Legendary Seeker
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Vanillite
Zephyr – male
<Ice Body>
Health: 76%
Energy: 73%
Status: “Yay, hail!” Slightly scared of Mr. Wiggles. (Hovering: 1% energy/ action)

Round II Begin

Finally allowed to move and faster by a toenail, Mr. Wiggles let out the most Gyaradosesque roar a Magikarp ever let out, so strong even that the ground seemed to shake and the air hold its breath as the fearsome echoes of it reverberated through the abandoned quarry. Zephyr, blown away (literally) and utterly milking in his cone, mustered as much energy as he could in the shortest time span possible, and covered his body with a layer of translucent goo. The liquid filled the pores of his icy coating and hardened, giving him an extra protection about the living natural disaster that was the Magikarp known as Mr. Wiggles.

Still unsatisfied, the monstrous fish extended a gigantic tail made of rainbow-colored energy, and whipping it around like a titanic range, summoned a vicious sand storm. The tiny grains of rock flew over to Zephyr, who wasn’t high enough to avoid them – like a flurry of tiny insects biting his skin, the sand was digging in his snow coat and searing like a burn. The mischievous Mr. Wiggles, meanwhile, had dived in the shallow waters of the pond to protect himself from the storm. Zephyr thought about how unfair the situation was; his foe had all the good parts of being a small Magikarp while still hitting like a truck on steroids. It was his turn to become infuriated, and as his milky blood boiled with rage, the temperature of the air around him dropped drastically – before him started to grow a tiny blue sphere, which you could deduce was extremely cold without even risking touching it. Suddenly, it stopped gaining volume and Zephyr shot it downwards to the pond – the blue orb was followed by a track of freezing air, giving the impression it was a beam of energy – and it crashed down in the water like a comet. The surface of the basin instantly froze solid, and below Mr. Wiggles felt the searing pain of some sort of sword piercing his flesh as the Ice Beam struck his side.

He roared in anger and with a swift flap from his caudal fin shot himself upwards and out of the water, his mouth wide open and sparking with erratic arcs of electricity. Before his fat pink lips began roast, he let the buzzing sphere of energy go, and with zigzags it began its angular course towards Zephyr. The Vanillite, unable to predict where it would end up, decided it would be better just to brace until it hit – or missed. He closed his eyes and curled up into a ball, and after a moment heard a screeching, buzzing sound batter his left tympanum as the Zap Cannon passed next to him in an electrical racket and far away behind him before exploding in a million sparks. He opened his eyes, as astonished as Mr. Wiggles, who was observing the scene from below, and yet another whip of sand in his eyes brought him back to reality. Annoyed, he shot another icy ray towards the sky and heavy, menacing clouds gathered. Soon, large hailstones were falling down, obliterating the sandstorm and slowly regenerating his torn up body.

Hidden below the surface of the pond, Mr. Wiggles was already planning on dreadfully horrible plans for his opponent, and after that for humanity. He would get his revenge soon enough.

Round II End

Team Blastoise
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

wiggles1tr.gif

Mr. Wiggles – male
<Swift Swim>
Health: 53%
Energy: 62%

Team Legendary Seeker
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Vanillite
Zephyr – male
<Ice Body>
Health: 79%
Energy: 59%
Status: “Hail yeah.” Starting to have doubts concerning Mr. Wiggles’ real powers. (+2 Defense | Hovering: 1% energy/ action)

Damage and Energy Calculations

Roar – 3% energy
Acid Armor – 1% energy
Sandstorm – 4% energy
Ice Beam – 12% damage, 6% energy
Zap Cannon – 8% energy
Hail – 4% energy

Notes:

- Usually you can’t use two moves in rapid succession unless you’re something like Weavile or Accelgor. Even a Gyarados is too fat for that, so Mr. Wiggles used Roar and Sandstorm separately.
- Roar’s effect depends on how much fear the target feels, and even though Zephyr was scared to death, it actually encouraged him to use a defensive move. Amirite or aminotrite?
- Surprise! Zap Cannon missed (I rolled a 59).

Arena Notes:

- The quarry looks as if it has suffered an earthquake. The waterline has receded a bit (about 61 centimeters [metric ftw]) and cracks have appeared in the bare ground. 10-15 glowing rocks have dislodged themselves from the quarry walls and fallen to the center of the quarry. They are scattered around the center of the field like a few barricades. (such as the rocks in pewter gym in the anime) There is still a clear path between both battlers.
- There is a thin layer of frost atop the surface of the pond.
- A Hailstorm is raging (three more rounds).

Next Round:

- Blastoise Fortooate orders first.

1. Pretty sure that noncompatible moves in a combo just fail/only one is used

and

2. Mr. W was specifically ordered to do nothing on the third action 3.

Back
Top Bottom