• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Blazing Hearts' random sketches...

Cool. :v Are these all characters you've made up?

I think it's good that you're doing a lot of action poses - a lot of people (me) when they're just learning tend to obsess over getting proportions and whatnot right that they're afraid to get too adventurous with what they make their characters do. And you're pretty good with capturing the movement making it clear just what the character is doing (none of that 'oh, he could be lunging with a sword oooor he could be balancing on one foot with a sword in hand'), which is another thing it takes a while to get!

Do you use a lot of references? The best advice I can give is to use references. Maybe even try to find some photographs of people jumping around/etc and trying to copy those as practice. Just keep drawing, really. Try different things, maybe try adding some backgrounds if you're up for it, that sort of thing. :v

Cool. :v Are these all characters you've made up?

I think it's good that you're doing a lot of action poses - a lot of people (me) when they're just learning tend to obsess over getting proportions and whatnot right that they're afraid to get too adventurous with what they make their characters do. And you're pretty good with capturing the movement making it clear just what the character is doing (none of that 'oh, he could be lunging with a sword oooor he could be balancing on one foot with a sword in hand'), which is another thing it takes a while to get!

Do you use a lot of references? The best advice I can give is to use references. Maybe even try to find some photographs of people jumping around/etc and trying to copy those as practice. Just keep drawing, really. Try different things, maybe try adding some backgrounds if you're up for it, that sort of thing. :v

Yeah, they're all original. Been workin' on'em for a good 6 years :o

I actually don't use too many references; I use a few from photos and other pictures sometimes, just to be sure I'm getting some of the proportions right, but that's about it.

Backgrounds are scary D: I've tried backgrounds in the past, and I failed miserable. Plus I'm too lazy to practice them >.>

Back
Top Bottom