• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open [Blockade Only] Legends of Arylettopia: Quest for the Golden Shards

MidnightAgony

(⊙_◎)
Moonlandik Legends said:
Long ago, there were "golden spirits" that ruled over the world fairly, keeping it in control. Then arose a shady figure, controlled by the Horrid thing~a devillish creature created, and part of, Queen of Arylettopia~, who earned the trust of the spirits. After three years, the man became angry with the system the spirits were ruling the land with. So he slayed them all, one at a time, making the spirits fight in beleif there was a traitor among them. Eventually, he got to the last one, whom he revealed his identity before the death. Then, from Arylettopia, a knight, who used to be Queen of Arylettopia's lover, but was not really loved, stood forth and challenged the man. It was a long and bloody battle...but in the end, the knight stood forth, the victor. Or so they thought. The man came from behind and stabbed the knight through the heart. The man then cast the nation into eternal darkness, placing a citizen on the throne, and then dissappeared. His wherabouts are currently unknown. The spirits are said to have been trapped in a golden stone, in which could only be released by one with royal blood, but before disappearing, the man shattered it, because of the horrid one's orders, shards landing throughout the world, in which some cultures found and protect. One shard was left in the nation, which was named Moon Land because of it's eternal night.

You are set out to, or stop those who are, find the shattered shards, which are very small. Please note that the finished Golden Stone can fit in one's pocket. Once you find more than one piece, they will fuse into a larger shard. Once all the shards have been found, they will fuse together into the stone. When someone with royal blood touches the stone, the spirits will be released, and the final combat will begin.

Rules:
-Geneeral RP rules and ettiquite apply here.
-Only live within the countries or provinces specified here.
-No goddmodding
-Put Gold somewhere in your form if you've read this, but please, don't make it obvious. AKA don't put it in Italics, Bold, Underline, special colors.
-When using colored text(only allowed for speech) please pay attention to make sure it's not hard on the eyes on every style.
-Use quotes(and colored text, if desired) for speech. Use apostrophes or italics for thought. The rest is up to you.
-Maximum Three Chars.
-Please note that this takes place in fantasy medieval times, so no modern things. Magic things are excepted, though.(if it's not over the limit)

Countries:
----Western Hemisphere
---Arylettopia(Recovery)(No king)(One Shard)
--Oooohville
--Windia
---DayPort(Recovery)(Two Shards)
---Duskian(Blockade)
---DuskPort(Blockade)
---Ionia(Recovery)(One Shard)
---Kinovaville(Recovery)
---Ladragia(Blockade)
---Moon Land(Recovery)(One Shard)
--Moon Port
--Secret Room
-Portal to Earth
-(Earth-Four Shards)
---TwiLand(Blockade)(No central government)(One Shard)
--TwiLake
--TwiField
----Eastern Hemisphere
---Latté Fields(Blockade)(One Shard)
---Latté Port(Recovery)
---Little Lake(Recovery)(One Shard)
---SouthLand(Blockade)
---Pheboraedd(Blockade)(One Shard)
---OceanLife(Blockade)(Two Shards)
---Turning Pointe(Recovery)(One Shard)
---Terrcoast(Recovery)(One Shard)
---Land Rift(Blockade)(No starting here)
--Chaos Domain(Five Shards)

(If you have suggestions for other countries, PM me. But, if you've told me of it before, just tell me. I would've forgotten.)

Form:
Name:
Nationality: (what country are you from?)
Job: (What do you do?)
Appearance:
Recovery or Blockade: (Recovery is the people trying to recover the shards, Blockade is the people trying to stop them)
Personality: (Can be Played Out)
Bio(Optional):
Pets: (Creatures that you own or control. Please, if it's not real or well-known, give details)
Other:

Mine:
Name: King ChaosTres
Nationality: Moon Land
Job: King
Appearance: Wears a purple kingly robe, underneath there is an obsidian sheath. Brown hair, obsidian crown, green eyes with brown rings around the pupils.
Recovery or Blockade: Recovery
Personality: Played Out
Pets: The Secret(No physical appearance, seeps inside the target and transforms them into another living being. The worst thing it can transform you into is a mind-slave)
Other: None

Name: Crystal
Nationality: Ladragia
Job: Witch
Appearance: Wears all black covered in a black cloak, wears a witch hat. Crystal blue hair(due to magic) and white eyes.
Recovery or Blockade: Blockade
Personality: Played Out
Pets: Liger and Tigon

Name: Blade
Nationality: Oceanlife
Job: Archer
Appearance: Wears black slack-ish pants and a white shirt, always carries his bow on him, and has a tanned body, crystal blue eyes, and dark brown hair.
Personality: Played out. Trust me, you're glad it's played out.
Bio(Optional): He, although only 17, is married to Crystal, and they make a great pair.
Pets: A grey horse with golden armour and a Pheonix

Last edited:
Re: Legends of Arylettopia and Moon Land: Quest for the Golden Shards

Name: Serenity
Nationality: Ayrlettopia
Job: Knight
Appearance: Serenity has shoulder-length red hair and bright blue eyes. She's usually spotted in her shiny silverish-gold armor, but on special occasions, she sports a long black dress.
Personality: Played out.
Bio(Optional): Serenity was always fascinated by legends. When she heard of the strange legend of the Golden Stone, she immediately asked for a leave of absence from the Royal Knights of Arylettopia to look for it.
Pets: Sir Snow White (a squirrel with a larger-than-normal stripe of white on his tail.)
Other: If the costume is inappropriate for an Arylettopian knight, please let me know, Arylett. ^^

Name: Sapphire
Nationality: Arylettopia
Job: One who scouts for oncoming enemies of Arylettopia
Appearance: She has straight, black hair that goes far past her shoulders. Her eyes are bright blue, and her shirt is about the same color as her eyes. She wears blue jeans and gray running shoes.
Personality: She tends to be secretive about her past. The rest, PO
Bio(Optional): As I said, she tends to be secretive about her past.
Pets: A golden eagle (not the color gold, the species) and an akita inu (a type of dog, for those who have been living under a rock)

Name: Serenity
Nationality: Ayrlettopia
Job: Knight
Appearance: Serenity has shoulder-length red hair and bright blue eyes. She's usually spotted in her shiny silverish-gold armor, but on special occasions, she sports a long black dress.
Bio(Optional): Serenity was always fascinated by legends. When she heard of the strange legend of the Golden Stone, she immediately asked for a leave of absence from the Royal Knights of Arylettopia to look for it.
Pets: Sir Snow White (a squirrel with a larger-than-normal stripe of white on his tail.)
Other: If the costume is inappropriate for an Arylettopian knight, please let me know, Arylett. ^^

Flora and Ashes, I'm glad to announce you as the first Accepted member.

Name: Sapphire
Job: One who scouts for oncoming enemies of Arylettopia
Appearance: She has straight, black hair that goes far past her shoulders. Her eyes are bright blue, and her shirt is about the same color as her eyes. She wears blue jeans and gray running shoes.
Personality: She tends to be secretive about her past. The rest, PO
Bio(Optional): As I said, she tends to be secretive about her past.
Pets: A golden eagle (not the color gold, the species) and an akita inu (a type of dog, for those who have been living under a rock)

Darksong, when you get the job part, Accepted

IT'S IONIA TWO I'S

Name: The Great King Philly
Nationality: Ionian
Appearance: Strong, Brown hair, buff.
Personality: Easily angered, usually mild though.
Bio: Created Ionia as a safe haven for all those who needed it, with a large army that is usually just training and not at war, but is very technologically advanced and ready to help the sister countries, Arylettopia and Moon Land.
Pets: Large dragons fight along side with our warriors, and have also created androids mad of gold and titanium if that counts.
Other:

Last edited:

IT'S IONIA TWO I'S

Name: The Great King Philly
Nationality: Ionian
Appearance: Strong, Brown hair, buff.
Personality: Easily angered, usually mild though.
Bio: Created Ionia as a safe haven for all those who needed it, with a large army that is usually just training and not at war, but is very technologically advanced and ready to help the sister countries, Arylettopia and Moon Land.
Pets: Large dragons fight along side with our warriors, and have also created androids mad of gold and titanium if that counts.
Other:

(I thought Moon Land would be a brother country. <_<)
But, Accepted and fixed.

Last edited:

Okay, I got the job part! :D My pets are fit for the job, too.

ZOMG HELL YESH :D
I was watching the election; sorry.
--------------------------
Name: Ghostly Prince Ooooohface
Nationality: Oooohville, but it's a part of Arylettopia
Job: I rule over the Oooohville :D
Appearance: A young boy, but sucked on car exhausts and became a ghost. Is currently a magic stockpot.
Recovery or Blockade: RECOVERY :D
Personality: I'm too lazy..... PO
Bio: Was a normal boy who one day decided to do stuff, when to Dr. HRA, committed suicide by sucking on one TWO car exhausts, became a ghost, ruled over a city, and so on and so forth. (Imma lazy rite nao, sry)
Pets: Hmmm.... A pet pear named Larry.
Other: Hi :D Platinum, Gold, Sliver, Bronze, Aluminum, Post-Consumer Recycled Products X3

One thing i forgot. I am also the royal banker of Arylettopia. And Ionia is a City-State in near Arylettopia. We rule ourselves but are not a large country.

Name: Ghostly Prince Ooooohface
Nationality: Oooohville, but it's a part of Arylettopia
Job: I rule over the Oooohville :D
Appearance: A young boy, but sucked on car exhausts and became a ghost. Is currently a magic stockpot.
Recovery or Blockade: RECOVERY :D
Personality: I'm too lazy..... PO
Bio: Was a normal boy who one day decided to do stuff, when to Dr. HRA, committed suicide by sucking on one TWO car exhausts, became a ghost, ruled over a city, and so on and so forth. (Imma lazy rite nao, sry)
Pets: Hmmm.... A pet pear named Larry.
Other: Hi :D Platinum, Gold, Sliver, Bronze, Aluminum, Post-Consumer Recycled Products X3

Accepted

@Phillip: Okay, noted.

Philly, the King's age isn't there. Oh and it's cool Flora and Ashes~

Name: Queen Arylett Charnoa Dawnsborough (AKA: HRA, Her Royal Arylettness.)

Age: Physically and mentally 16, though actually really 45. I'll go over why this is in a moment.

Job: She's the Queen of Arylettopia, of course. Oh and she's also a Sorceress. And she had a brief stint as a Psychiatrist/Doctor who advised people on ways to commit suicide.

Appearance: Where did I stick that... AHA! Here we go. But I'll go into description as well, since it's not in colour. She's got some really messy curly hair and wears a long flowing poofy-ish dress. The bottom of the dress is black, whilst the top is white, with various red spots such as the cuffs and the long ruffy collar around her neck. (These are the three colours of Arylettopia. Red, black, and white.) Her crown is golden, with several rubies set upon it. Lastly, there are her glasses. Oh and her gloves! Can't forget those. Yeah, she's got red gloves. Also, underneath her dress and her ruffy collar is a small golden necklace with a ruby, which cannot be normally seen unless she is wearing her lighter Battle Queenly Dress.

Edit: Coloured edition of the picture.

However, when traveling or preparing for battle, she wears her lighter Battle Queenly Dress. Which I am too lazy to describe and looks like this. (I forgot the glasses! Oh, I'm so scatterbrained. Umm... pretend they're there.) And she also uses that Arylettsceptre in the picture, but like, she can use her sorceress powers to make it appear at will.

Personality: Somewhat scatterbrained and incompetant at her job, Queen Arylett is a rather forgetful leader. She herself does not oversee much of Arylettopia or make her own opinions, relying on others, such as her advisers, to help her. She is very indecisive and does not trust her judgement. And also very anxious, quite shy, and just generally unconfident with herself. However, she does mean well. And values the people of her country, trying hard to pass laws that are fair for all. She tries hard to please everyone and make all the people of her country happy, however this cannot always be so.

And also to note is her immensely bad temper. She can get quite frustrated and easily annoyed by the stresses of her job. Though most of the time, she has a shy and quiet demeanor (unless around those she trusts and considers friends, in which case she is quite LOUD and boisterous), when angered, with her sorceress powers, she can be quite a force to be reckoned with.

Although being quite old already, Queen Arylett acts and looks much like a 16 year old, having not benefited much from wisdom. Though she can be insightful as to people's feelings at times, she still retains a rather childish personality, being quite playful around those she knows and likes and also being quite naive.

Bio (Optional): Queen Arylett was born in Ladragia, to her father, Nitosian Dawnsborough and Raiyea (RAY-YA) Dusksfield (Maiden name was Dusksfield). She came from a very wealthy background, both her mother and father being from illusterious aristocratic families. (Her father from what was called the Dawnsborough Dynasty and her mother from the Dusksfield Dynasty.)

Most of her childhood was spent being pampered. In the Dusksfield Family, it was traditional to sprinkle the females with Ladragian Dust, a highly rare and very expensive item. When a human is sprinkled with even a pinch of Ladragian Dust, they gain immensely great magical powers behind all belief. They call those sprinkled with Ladragian Dust "Sorceresses". Oddly, its effects only seem to effect females. It works differently on males. Thus this is where she gained her magic. Once a Sorceress, the aging process slows down considerably, which is why even though Arylett is chronologically 45, she is actually 16 both physically and emotionally.

However, Queen Arylett cannot recall much of her childhood. She vaguely remembers a boy... a good friend of hers at times. But is not sure if he actually existed or not, seeing as how he seemingly disappeared and hasn't been seen for years...

She founded Arylettopia at age 32, being considered relatively young for a Sorceress. Her family having been defamed, shunned, and robbed of its wealth by the Ladragian government (and her parents and her seperated), she had run away to the famed Rainbow Territory, an unclaimed portion of land which Ladragia and Pancrasia (a country which no longer exists, having been assimlated into Arylettopia.) with other similarly fated people. Many died on the way there, having to trek through the treacherous Shatshack, a most evil forest filled with horrid beasts. Somehow, Arylett survived, made it out, and her and the survivors made a small settlement on the Rainbow Territory. Soon that settlement grew and was dubbed Arylettopia.

In the Great Arylettopian War of '87, a war between Ladragia, the just founded Arylettopia, and Pancrasia, Arylettopia won (thanks to the help of the great General Mourmedy) and thus truly became a country. Queen Arylett was made Queen by the people, though she really didn't want the position, they insisted. It soon expanded to include Pancrasia, which was assimlated into it. And she continues to rule it to this day.

Also when she was young, her parents had arranged that she marry a boy... the boy who grew up to be the Knight of the Moonlandik Legends. He quickly fell in love with her, but she did not love him back. During the great migration in which Arylettopia's population soared, he came over and with his great skill impressed the General Mourmedy and even Queen Arylett herself. Soon he became knight of Arylettopia. And loved his Queen until his death, though she never loved him back. It is rumoured that Queen Arylett pledged for there never to be a King of Arylettopia, wanting to rule by herself, and that she has an inability to fall in love.

Pets: Her hair. Yes. You heard me right. Her curls contain great magic within them and the majority of her Sorceress powers (as the Dust was sprinkled on her head) and thus her hair sort of has a mind of its own. Mostly it is calm (if frizzy), though at times it can choose to go wild and take control of Queen Arylett's mind, multiplying her powers nearly tenfold, but making it near impossible for her to control herself. However, she does have minor control over them at times.

Other: Gold~ Oh and I have problems, in the mind. Holy shit, LOOK at my bio. Also yeah, Arylett has the ability to summon some of her Creations.

Last edited:

Name: Chronos Silver
Nationality: Duskian
Job: King of duskian, And the timekeeper. (A title that has been passed down through generations of his family in the form of the power to slightly manipulate time using an hourglass)
Appearance: http://media.photobucket.com/image/anime king/tsukinohikari_25/Anime_king.jpg?o=11
Pets: A king cobra called ananke.
Other: Ananke can transform into a ring that can uncoil and strike people who get too close without chronos's consent. And Chronos's powers can only affect about 5 minutes worth of time~

~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Angelo Velle
Nationality: Duskian
Job: Head knight (Paladin)
Appearance: http://media.photobucket.com/image/anime paladin/Herna8717j/Anime Guys/paladin_neutral.jpg?o=21 (Scale him down in apperence a bit)
Personality: Played out
Pets: Noscere, A black & white horse with gold armor.,

Thanks for including duskian in this rp ^_^

Edit~ Who said i put in in bold? I put it in caps~

Last edited:

Name: Cas 'Castycal' Tical [Pronounced TEE-kal]
Nationality: Arylettopian
Job: Queen Arylett's Adviser

Appearance: Cas,while on adviser duty, wears a simple, dark green robe with cuffs and lining in white, red and black, the colours of Arylettopia. He usually wears a magical cloak over the top, which rapidly between all the colours of the rainbow. The cloak also has a hood, but when the hood is not up (Which is rarely), one can see his mid-length light brown hair, with a fringe that partly covers his dark green eyes. Around his neck is a chain made of pure gold with a large crystal at the end, and that crystal holds all of his magical powers. If it was removed, he would instantly become mundane.

His skin is quite pale, and he is very thin, standing at a slightly above-average height for his age.

Personality: Ooooh... played out, please.

Bio: He was born on a tiny dry ledge in a small underwater cave in TwiLake, to a Ladragian sorceress named Asdefregtrehytrejukilo De Qwertyuiop, who died almost immediately after naming him. The baby used his inherited sorcerous powers to escape the cave, and grew up in the wilds of TwiLand. When he was about five, he came to Arylettopia, and fell in love with the land immediately. He became a noted sorceror, and took an apprentice under his care - one Thingy Horridus. Eventually, however, Thingy turned to evil magic, and summoned a great demon from within Queen Arylett, combining himself with the evil monster to become the infamous Horrid Thing. Cas has since been searching for ways to destroy it, but has never prevailed, as only Arylett herself can kill the Thing.

Pets: A rainbow-coloured beetle that lives in his cloak (Yes, you did read that correctly), and so is usually invisible.

Also... could we possibly have two characters? Just, I'd quite like to play the King of Windia, now I think about it.

EDIT: Also, Midnight, I'm pretty sure the rules said not to put the world in bold or whatever.
EDIT2: Oh, we can have two. Well, I'll reserve the King of Windia for now, and fill in a form later.

Last edited:

May I join?

Name: Eve Skittia

Nationality: Windia

Job: Princess of Windia and can use healing magic[if allowed]...and GIRL POWER!

Appearance: Eve has long, straight, blond hair and looks somewhat like Rosa :D She is average in weight and height.

Personality: PO

Bio(Optional): Eve was born on the 23 of December 1990 in Windia Castle. Her mother died leaving her motherless. She has spent her whole life in Windia with her father[Castform :D]. She has never really been hurt because of her status. In Windia however girls rule over all boys[because that is how it is] so Princess Eve Skittia rules as there is no queen ruling anymore.

Pets: Purple Chocobo! Chocobo on Wikipedia but mine is purple :D
Eve can ride on her chocobo anywhere and can let it go wild but she can call it if she needs it by calling kweh.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom