• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Call of the Dragon [OPEN]

Thorne

It's feeding time
There exists a Land far away from everywhere else. It is a Land of green fields, clear waters and ominous forests. No one who lives there truly knows how the Land came to be, but there is a tale describing its origin. The story tells of the dragons, ancient creatures of near godlike power and wisdom that came to the Land while the world was still young. Together they shaped the new world as they saw fit, and then they created humanity to act as the rulers of the Land as the dragons had no interest in claiming ownership of the Land but took great pride in what they had created. They often spoke with the humans and took part of their concerns and questions. Needless to say, the dragons were loving creators, and there is more than one story of a dragon falling in love with a human.

But one day, a mysterious force arrived in the Land, and it was hungry. It corrupted the land, turning trees into malformed stone figures, killing the grass and mutating the wildlife into terrifying abominations. For the first time in as long as they could remember, the dragons sprung to action. They located the source of this corruption in a deep forest, and all of their numbers flew to the forest to battle whatever it is had appeared there.
Days passed, and eventually people noticed how the corruption started seeping away, once again leaving place for nature. The human rejoiced, as it seemed the dragons had been victorious.

But the dragons never returned.

Days turned to weeks, and the worried people turned to the only dragon who had not left to fight the corruption. His name was Aelonus, and he was the eldest of them all, said to have been born along with existence itself. He was a mighty white dragon, with six pairs of angelic wings. He had fallen ill before the corruption started and rested at his sanctuary on an island in the middle of a lake. Many came to him in hope of answers, but he answered every question with the same words, and those words were as follows:
“The other dragons will return. Just wait patiently, and I promise that one day it will be as if they had always been there.”

Weeks turned to months, and eventually Aelonus blocked the entrance to his sanctuary and only opened it once. The one person who was allowed to enter was the oldest man in the village, and when he returned he told his people that Aelonus was lying on his deathbed and wanted to spend the last of his life contemplating his life. With the last connection to the realm of dragons cut off, humanity mourned the loss of their creators and took it upon themselves to care for the world the dragons had left for them.

Months turned to years, and years turned to hundreds of years. The dragons had turned into nothing but a memory, and perhaps not even that. They were now nothing but myth, and very few believed they had actually existed.
And then there’s you. You were born around fifteen years ago, give or take, and you’ve been feeling weird as of lately. For some reason you feel the need to go to the island where it is said the oldest dragon died, as if something was calling you. In addition, you have been having this odd dream with a dragon in it. It looks odd, nothing like anything you have ever seen, but yet it seems so familiar you could be looking into a mirror.
Your elders have, of course, been claiming it's just the heat getting to you, but you determined to find out what it is dragging you there. So in the middle of the night you open the window and climb out, setting off to Aelonus’ island.
You'd be surprised by the fact that the above piece did not take an overly long amount of time to write.
--

Rules
1. Basic RP rules apply, if you are reading this then you should know it by now.
2. PG-13, you know what to expect.
3. I want to see above-average English spelling and grammar. Considering we always speak English here this should not be an unreasonable demand.
4. I have the right to deny anyone whose form I find unacceptable for one reason or another. If you are denied, please avoid trying to argue my judgement. Most of the time, I know my RP better than you do.
5. Any changes in the form results in instant refusal.
6. I will be sending you messages as a part of the RP, treat those messages as if they were voices you hear and avoid sharing their contents with anyone OOC, please.
7. I will be adding things to the form as the RP goes on, be sure to fill it out when asked to.

I think that's good enough. Let's get to the form.

FORM: (All parts of it are to be bolded at all times)
Name:
Personality: (Can be played out, but even then I want you to describe it a bit)
Appearance:
DiYD: (Dragon in Your Dreams, this is important so read and choose carefully. You are to choose one thing to base your dragon on, perhaps it could be called the theme of your dragon. Examples would be, but not limited to: mummy, insectoid, wooden, metallic. If I find the dragon design unacceptable, then I'll tell you and what you can change to make it better. The only current limit is that we are only using the four-legged, winged western dragon, nothing else)
Other: (Whatever you feel is inappropriate everywhere else goes here.)

Players:
Coloursfall/Edward Spurling [accepted]
Legendaryseeker99 [reserved]
Stormecho/Lethe Ammolinth [accepted]
Blastoise Fortooate/Will Bépyar [accepted]
Windyragon/Rebeccah Sobel [accepted]
Kali the Flygon/Sarah Moravia [accepted]
Magnemite/Maggy Idoven [accepted]

Last edited:
Hey I'm the first to join :D

Name:Dar (I'm not sure if it's both first and last or not.)
Personality: Smart, likes to help people, and is somewhat gullible.
Appearance: Tall, has brown hair and hazel eyes, and normally wears the color blue.
DiYD: The dragon is rather small, and has mettalic silver scales. It's horns are tipped with black, and no teeth show when it's mouth is closed. Despite the weight of it's scales, it is quite swift.

Im pretty sure I might need more, but I'll submit it anyway.

ಠ_ಠ
Needless to say there's a lot of improvements to be made, and I'll help you get on the right track.

To begin with, first and last name. I guess I can take the blame for that because I was not very specific.
Secondly, you could be a LOT more specific. Your current description is incredibly vague and there are many things you could do to to make it better. Be more specific about length, facial structure and clothing. I suggest you look up forms made by Coloursfall, Black Yoshi, Sunflower and Arylett as examples. All of them are very good at writing forms, so they make for good examples.
Lastly, I said your dragon has to have a theme. Yours don't. If what I mean by "theme" is unclear to you, then tell me and I'll explain it more in-depth.

May I join?

Name; Jacen Ralvarn
Age 15
Personality: Jace is fierce in battle and will protect all who deserve to be protected. Outside of battle, he is social and loves to play. However, he is silent if he suspects a traitor or enemy.
Appearace: Average Size. He has short black hair and wears a black jacket and black pants. Under the jacket is a white tee-shirt and he has a strange mark on his left shoulder, orgin unknown.

Dragon description: A large winged dragon that has a shade of blue and white, It has a metallic look to it and is sort of an Ice-like Dragon. (So, I would say his theme is Ice). He has red-eyes and razor sharp teeth.

Let's show these pups how it's done.

Name: Edward Spurling

Personality: Edward is, to put it bluntly, kind of an asshole. He's rude, mean, condescending, sarcastic, and arrogant, and dislikes most other people almost instantly. The problem is that he's actually strong enough to defend himself if someone tries to 'teach him a lesson'. He knows he's strong, too, and uses his power to get what he wants.

And then there's the side of him that he doesn't let anyone see. He is a bit of a mama's boy, and has a weak spot for small children. he'll be less hard on girls than other boys, as well. But he tries very hard to hide this, butting on even more of a jerkass front.

Appearance: Edward is relatively short and stocky, with a powerful body like a mountain cat, with a sharp face and scruffy deep gold hair usually cut choppily and short. His eyes are a darker yellow, almost orange, and his left eye has a deep, ugly scar over it, running from forehead to cheekbone and about a half-inch wide at the thickest. He also bears a number of other scars over the rest of his body, the most notable running diagonal across his back, shoulderblade to hip, and impressively large. Another is a set of claw markings over his right shoulder, three deep, jagged marks obviously scored into his flesh by something with large claws.

He usually wears blacks or reds for clothing colours, favouring unobtrusive and form-fitting clothes, and sturdy boots. He wears a set of what look like ruby earrings, one in each ear, and an onyx pendant shaped like a fox on a chain around his neck.

DiYD: The dragon is a very odd specimen - her body is slender and graceful, with a swanlike neck and spindly limbs tipped in four-toed paws. Her head is narrow and wedge-shaped, with a crown of slender spines jutting from the back. Her eyes are golden and bear two pupils and irises that move independently in each eye. Her wings are narrow and very long. But, that isn't what is odd about her - she is made entirely from sticky, thick red blood, dripping constantly and recoalescing as she moves, and is able to spontaneously collapse into a vast pool of crimson ichor and reform.

Other: whoops

CJBlazer denied.

To begin with, the "marks on his shoulder" have no reason to exist unless they actually are relevant, and they won't be.
Secondly, for someone who claim to be a novelist your writing is very blunt. Please try explaining your character more intricately.
Lastly, if your dragon's theme is ice, then it should be MADE OF ice and should look as such.

Coloursfall accepted but no big surprise there.

Hmm... I'm tempted to join, but all I have is a dragon theme, so I'll just lay down a reserve while I make up my mind.

Remember me? I used to RP way too much and make crappy RPs and let them die? Yeah, let's do that again. I have break in a week so this is a perfect time!

Name: Lethe Ammolinth
Personality: Lethe is, to summarize, difficult to get along with. She is not aggressive, nor easily provoked into a rage, but she is coldly confrontational. She has high standards, and holds herself and everyone else to them. She has a tendency to pick apart others' decisions, challenge them if she believes them to be flawed and she does not back down easily. This alone has ensured she has few friends and many enemies, as she rarely respects authority unless it is justly earned - and earning it, in her opinion, should not be a matter of inheritance or chance.

Despite being overly critical, Lethe has a head for tactics and is excellent at analysing the situation. She likes challenges, and constantly sets goals for herself, pushing to meet them with an impressive drive. However, one might argue that she has too much determination, as she will sometimes push herself too hard. Forgoing food, her current exhaustion - she does so often. She focuses easily - too easily, sometimes, and it is hard to get her to relax. She is always on the alert, always observant, and it is simply impossible for a human being to be so all the time, but she tries. Those are her blindspots. Where she would admit that someone else should rest so they can be in good health, so they will still be able to think and be useful - she does not accept that for herself.

She is used to the disdain or anger of others, and thus does not expect to form relationships, friendships or alliances with them. t's not that she will reject the overtures, but she is quietly certain that they will fall apart. She is awkward with social interaction, lacking any sort of easy charisma or tact to keep from ruffling others' feathers. However, she is quick and decisive and doesn't hesitate. Despite her general harshness, she is embarrassing in most general conversation, and likes riddles, puzzles, knives - she carries at least two on her when possible - and sweet things.
Appearance: Tall and well-muscled, Lethe doesn't look particularly pretty. She has grey eyes and black hair at shoulder length, but she has a strong jawline and an impressive beak of a nose that makes her naturally look rather haughty and imposing. She tends to wear functional clothing - tough, in darker colours and meant to take a beating.
DiYD: Deceptively delicate looking, this dragon is built oddly, wings thin fans of what appear to be blades, layered and lethally sharp. Thin - almost skeletal - its hide is a dark shade of steel, whorled with blue and green when hit by light, and more blades protrude like spikes from the joints of its legs, its back and its tail. Its head is smooth, lacking in protrusions, and its eyes are white, glowing faintly and with no sign of iris or pupil.
Other: BLADES ARE COOL GUYS, AM I RIGHT?

Name: Will Bépyar

Personality: Will Bépyar is an unobtrusive fellow, at least mentally. Quiet to a certain point and quite willing to avoid people with whom he expects conflict, it's reasonable to assume that Will is meek or shy. That's a mistake. If you somehow manage to force him into a conflict with you, or if you manage to find someone he actually likes and do the same to them, he'll be on you like a unicorn on a virgin. Only more violent.

Will's interested in... other peoples' interests. He's a bit of a jack-of-all-trades, and he's willing to try almost anything once. Thus, he tends to approach people who are visibly good at something and, quite plainly, ask them to teach him a few tricks. Will is seemingly immune to most forms of embarrassment, and generally isn't fazed by awkward social situations. He's also, similarly, unlikely to show any outward appreciation of others' skills beyond a vague 'good job' or something.

Appearance:
Will is tall, a good bit over six feet, and although he couldn't be accurately called 'stout', he is still not noticeably thin or anything. His hair is moderately curly, medium brown, and long enough to partially cover his eyebrows and ears. Will is strong in the face, with a defined nose and angular jaw. His arms and similar areas have a moderately thick coating of hair as well, as does his face if he abstains from shaving for any large length of time. He doesn't avoid his razor without good reason, though, so Will's face is generally cleanshaven. Otherwise, his appearance is mostly unworthy of note, although Will's eyes are, upon close inspection, a startlingly vast array of different, conflicting shades of green, running the gamut from grassy to the color of dead pine needles.

Will's clothing is a mix of multicolored vests, long-sleeved shirts, and oddly long shorts. The colors, despite their variety, are generally subdued or pastel-y. He also has a necklace that he hardly ever removes; it's got a leathery cord and, on the end, a golden-bronze disc with a square punched out in the middle.

DiYD:
Theme: Brambles [picture]

The dragon is much longer than it (she? it seems female) is tall or wide; its scales are convex, giving it an angular-and-bumpy look. Her wings are large but unobtrusive, a vague brown color. The dragon's tail is whiplike and covered with thorns that look quite like that of a large rose, and it is tipped with a wickedly pointed arrowhead. What seem to be antlers are her only horns, unless you count the curly thingy coming out of her head. A couple of thin, curly, fibrous whiskers are located on her muzzle. Her skin is pale white-green, and her underbelly is slightly darker and more pink. At several points in the dreams, curling vines grew at dragon's feet, and once it made a bridge out of a tree.

The dreams aren't always the same, but they always start out just about the same way. I'm standing on a green circle, fuzzy around the edges, but as soon as I notice that it spreads like a spilled drink out into a big meadow. It's the kind that's been dry a bit too long, the kind that could probably catch fire if lightning struck. Then, like I said, a dragon comes out of the roots of some old, bent-over tree, slinking like a cat until it gets all the way out. The dragon feels a like a she, like an old barwoman I guess, definitely girlish. She's low to the ground even when she's not crawling out from under the tree, but her legs are graceful enough, I suppose. Her scales are shaped like pinecones, the unopened kind; it looks like someone took them and pushed them halfway into her skin. The dragon's tail is long and it keeps on thrashing, like a cat again, and it's covered with thorny-looking things. The end's got a pointy triangle on it, like a spearhead. Her face is beautiful, even if she is a lizard. Her face's scales are pinker than the rest of- oh, yeah, she's mostly pale green, really pale- her face is more pink, though. So's her stomach. Antlers, or maybe branches, jut out from her forehead, sweeping back along with this pointed crest thing. She has whiskers, too, almost clear and really thin. I always notice her wings last; they're browner then the rest of her, and they don't seem to take up as much space as they should. After all that she generally makes everything, i mean everything, into a bunch of fallen leaves and stuff.

Last edited:
oh hey it's an RP board reunion :o

Name: Rebeccah Sobel

Personality: Beccah is easily flustered, and somewhat introverted. While she doesn't exactly shy away from people, she does find having conversations with new faces somewhat awkward, and takes a while to warm up to someone. Beccah's often daydreaming or not focusing on whatever it is she should be doing at the moment. She's more likely to get frustrated than angry, and usually deals with this by sulking around away from people. Outwardly she may seem friendly if not a bit reclusive, but Beccah has no problem with straight up lying to someone or doing things that could be considered immoral as long as they benefit her.

Appearance: Beccah has wide eyes that make her look younger than she is, a small nose and not very prominent lips in a round face. Her hair is a few shades lighter than her eyes and a bit shorter than shoulder-length, usually worn in a ponytail. Her bangs almost cover her eyes when they're down, though usually she pins back the half that covers the right side of her face. Beccah is about 5'6" and typically wears light colours and loose, comfortable clothing. She has an average build, and just enough curves that she appears obviously female from a quick glance. Her skin is mostly unmarked and smooth, because she doesn't do physical labour often. Beccah has somewhat bad posture, and is often slouching or shifting from foot to foot.

DiYD: This dragon is rather small compared to its ancestors told of in legends, about two meters tall at the shoulder and around five meters long from tail tip to snout. It's completely jet black with yellow eyes, and seems to be fuzzy around the edges, much like a faint shadow. Its features are somewhat difficult to make out because of its colouring and it appears to be partially transparent under some lighting. It has a short pair of sharply pointed horns on its head, as well as huge wings made of shapes that resemble feathers, though they're a bit hard to distinguish because of its colour. The outline of long, sharp teeth can just barely be made out.

Other: may or may not ninja-edit in more words later

Blastoise, I was originally not sure if I found your theme fitting, but since it was so well written I'll accept it.

Windyragon accepted.

Name: Sarah Moravia
Personality: (Mostly played out...) Sarah is a gentle, quiet soul. She doesn't like to cause trouble, instead preferring to stay to herself, but when around others she tries to be helpful and kind. This attitude leads to sometimes being easily taken advantage of, however. She's also a bookworm, and loves reading and math. She can be pretty smart when made to make decisions, but she often doesn't take the initiative herself.
Appearance: Sarah is pretty small, not even 5 feet tall. She has long, dark hair, hanging down to her waist. Her skin is pale, and her face is pretty long, with hazel eyes. She likes dressing in a blue blouse and skirt.
DiYD: (Theme: Silver color, electrified mist...)
It happens just about every time I close my eyes to begin the night. Like a cloud through the darkness, I see an eerie fog start to roll toward me. It appears to practically glow and sparkle, mixing with the darkness to produce a brilliant gray. The cloud of mist engulfs me, embraces me... draws me in. It feels warm, however, and I can hear it crackle and feel it tingle against my skin, as if the mist itself was electrified. Then, I can see a shadow approach in the middle of this mist. A pair of bright, all-red lights open, piercing through the fog, at first seeming to be at head level, then lifting up high as the shadow lifted up, far over my head. I can't help but approach... I see it every night, but every time I can't help but feel in awe of its magnificence. The mist softens just enough to see the figure of a draconic head, silver in color and long in shape. Its face looks like it was covered in a mask, solid and smooth, stretching from the bottom of its top jaw around the top of its forehead. Two holes exist in the middle of this 'mask', and the red lights from before could be seen shining out... they appear to actually be demonic-looking eyes. Across the sides and top of the creature's head, stretching out from the mask, five long, thin horns could be seen... nearly straight, with just a little bit of inward curvature. I walk along the side of the dragon, looking up, and I can see that it's rather long compared to its other dimensions. All along its back, similar plates like the dragon's 'mask' could be seen in a segmented pattern... they would actually appear to be a kind of natural body armor. Each segment has three spikes, pointed backward... one on each side and one on the top. Its underhide appears much softer, more leathery, and I could see ridges, somewhat segmented, bulbous a little in the middle to give the appearance of a plump tummy. Both the armor and the underhide appear a light grayish color, but I could also see a darker gray, more scaly skin separating the two and covering the creatures four legs. The creature sits up before me, its mist levitating me into the air through electromagnetic fields, until I can see it face to face. Then it speaks, its voice gentle, calm, feminine. "I'm waiting for you, Sarah..." An image of an island comes into my mind, a places I have never been yet I feel like I've known all my life... then I wake up...
Other: Yay, reunion! I haven't been here in a long time either!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom