• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Calling all spriters!

White Wolf

Hi, I'm making a new pokemon game hackecd from firered and need alot of new sprites. Any spriters are welcome to try. The game is based in a new region based on New Zealand and also it has been cut off from the world and miracously dinosaur pokemon have survived and are living in the wild. I will give credit to all spriters who's sprites I put in my game.:talking:
Sprites:
I need lots of new dinosaur pokemon,
some pokemon based on NZ animals,
and just some new pokemon and new evolutions and preevolutions.

Oh not this sort of thing again. <<

You expect that, with only one post and a vague description of what you want, you'll get all the materials that you need and the game will simply assemble itself right before your eyes? :/ It doesn't work that way. Oh, sure, you'll spark some interest (cool! A game! here, use my fake), and in fact I forsee myself being postninja'd by some eager kid posting his or her crappy sprites. But really, you're just wasting people's time. "im making a game" is meaningless unless you back it up with screenshots, more of a plot, or just some indication that you're actually hacking firered and not just thinking about it.

See, here's the thing. Fangames, hacks and particular, are much harder to make than they look. And way too many people waste their time toiling away on projects going in the complete wrong direction. Now, I wish I could post "attn spriters! I need sprites for my fangame" (because yes I do work for a fangame), but it just doesn't work like that. :/ I'm sorry.

Thanks for the heads up, I know I only have one post but that's because I've only just joined this site, but I've been hacking pokemon games for ages. I'm mainly a mapper and absolutely no good at spriting and so I need other people to do that.
Also about the story, sorry my first post is so lacking but I did it in rush this morning.
My game is called Pokemon Aeatearoa, it is based on New Zealand. You start your journey in a small village called Rai Valley which is at the top of the South Island. You recieve your first pokemon from Professor Fern for protection as she needs you to deliver something to her father who is out doing field research. She wants you to deliver a pokebal to him, except that this pokeball is like nothing you've ever seen before, it seems to be made out of some sort of crystal and looks extremely old. She says that it wil help her father's research into the ruins on Route 2. You set off and travel through Route 1 and come to Havelock, which is a small town. You continue onto Route 2 and look for the Professor but can only find his bag and research papers. You examine the papers and discover that he was investigating a cavern that was located behind a waterfall and was on his way back to Rai Valley to examine an item he had found. You search around and find the waterfall he describes. You jump through and find yourself in a huge cavern with stalegtites and stalegmites. The walls are completely covered with unown symbols and at the far end of the cavern you find a small stone table which is also covered in unown symbols. In the middle of the table is an indent the exact shape of a pokeball. You place your starter pokemon's pokeball in it and nothing happens, then you remember about the crystal ball and you try that. You place it in the indent and it slowly starts to glow, all the unown symbols glow as well and suddenly the crystal ball bursts open..............
What have you unleashed?

New Features:
Completely new region to explore filled with completely new pokemon and some old ones. Completely new pokemon gyms. New Ledgendaries and 3 different types of leagues:
The Elite Four Battle Challenge
The League Nationals
The Silver Leaf Cup

Screenshots:
Rai Valley

Route 1

Your Bedroom

Outside Your House

Rival's House

Professor Fern's Lab

So as I said in the first post I need sprites please, cheack the first post for details.

Last edited:
I could help. But, will I gain from it?

I have examples, but I'm just too lazy to post them now, and I've forgotten my photobucket account, just wait a day or two. Or just some hours, then I'll try to get some examples.

Oh, yeah. PM me with other details and stuff if I'm accepted.

Thanks for the interest Bakun, I'll have a look when you post the sprites and also you'll gain because if you're accepted you can give some ideas to the game and I'll put them in, but only if they're not stupid and also you'll get your own character ingame with your choice of pokemon.

...Wow, suprise. o_o Sorry for being all condescending, I really thought you were another one of those "lol i wanna make a pkmn game gimme sprites plz" people. Anyway, good luck~ Story sounds good so far, try and keep away from team x/legendary y (which as far as I can see is what you're doing, good job).

Suggestions, you say? I'm assuming there will be plenty of dinosaurs, so here are some ideas:

Brontosaurus (other than grass-- seriously, there's already two grass-typed brontosauri. Ground is a cool type.)
Pterodactyl (avoid similarities to aerodactyl. Flying is a given, but... how about electric?)
Ankylosaur (they have spikes on their tails... not done yet, I think. These are made for steel-type.)
Stegosaur (not done either, but rather done-to-death when it comes to fangames. They're large and armored... Steel would be an obvious choice, I s'pose...)
Tyranosaur (Tranitar, anyone? Also the Cranidos line to a lesser extent. Make a fighting-type one! =D)
Archaeopteryx (are really cool D: Go for normal/flying, they can be your common birds.)
Velociraptor (they tend to travel in packs and team up to rip things to shreds. Clearly dark-type.)

...And while you're all cretaceousy, might as well do non-dinosaurs (like mammals and insects and such) because they were just as numerous back then I should think. Also, grass- and fire-types are done to death; only have one or two dinosaurs of those types if you can help it. Hope I've made up for earlier. xD;

Thanks for apology, what do you mean team x/ledgendary y?
Also thanks for the suggestions, all have been added to my list.:grin:

Thanks, it's not going to be like that, I haven't got it all figured out yet but it not's going to be the same as every other game, plot wise. I like secrets, puzzles, mysteries and ancient stuff.

Tell you what: I'm a helpful girl. Once - and if - I learn to scratch good, I'll post some sprites. Alrightyo?

Hi, I'm making a new pokemon game hackecd from firered and need alot of new sprites. Any spriters are welcome to try. The game is based in a new region based on New Zealand and also it has been cut off from the world and miracously dinosaur pokemon have survived and are living in the wild. I will give credit to all spriters who's sprites I put in my game.:talking:
Sprites:
I need lots of new dinosaur pokemon,
some pokemon based on NZ animals,
and just some new pokemon and new evolutions and preevolutions.

A kiwi? ^^

I'll try to help, though it may not be so good. ^^;

I has an idea! You could put a cheat in the game! Where if you hit B while it's evolving at just the right time, it turns into a mid-morph!
Just an idea.
You can also put a cheat where they can splice!
I'm dreaming of a made-up game, but I have no idea how to, so... Boochu may never be in a game DX
...You wonder who Boochu is? He's an evo of Raichu that I made up when I was five XD

I'm absolutely no good at scratching, but I have a sprite that's good enough. It's not bad, but it's at my other house.... so you can wait while I make a dino for you, m'kay? ;D

Check back here for it.

I've also got a Houndoom evo, Houndirge, but it's at my other house too.

Problem is it's waaay out of the size restrictions~

Last edited:
il help. i just joined, but i have been spriting since..... wow, i think i started pokemon drawing when i was two, but that isnt quite spriting. im working on the basic bird one.

Dude, spriting is way different than drawing. Some qualities are the same, but yeah. Check out Butterfree's spriting guide.

I made Ropteryx. You can call it anything you like, but Ropteryx is cool for me.

Ropteryx.png

gsfdsd i have so many ideas for this but I keep failing at spriting them. D:

Edit: a ghost/flying fantail, the tail wavers like a cloth and has a pattern shaped like an angry face on it. the wings are quite blunt and don't really look much like wings. the head makes up the rest. the head is brown, while the rest is black.
(failed spriting attempt:
ncdnns.png
)

and a counterpart tui, psychic/flying. has an orb/other 'mystical' pattern on the throat, the wings look crisp and detailed and it has a sharp beak. has symbols/markings covering it's head, these are yellow, as is the orb/ect on the throat. rest is a very dark shade of grey. has no tail.

Last edited:
I has an idea! You could put a cheat in the game! Where if you hit B while it's evolving at just the right time, it turns into a mid-morph!
Just an idea.
You can also put a cheat where they can splice!

1: The Mid-morph would be silly, as they'd have to make up to two extra sprites for every evolution line. Also, B during evolution just stops it.

2: Splicing, although 'twould be a brilliant idea, wouldn't work. That would involve a huge amount of spriting to get every possible combination.

Nice fangame. The website is also quite nice and the koru shapes are cool. If I get better at scratching I might scratch some Pokemon. I live in New Zealand you see, so I'd like to help out on a New Zealand fangame.

Thanks, I used to live in NZ as well, we moved over there from England when I was 9 and lived there for 3 and half years and I loved it but then my parents decided to move back to England. As soon as I'm old enough I'm going back over on my own.
EeveeSkitty where do you live in New Zealand?

Back
Top Bottom