• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Cats (2019) Mafia

JackPK

blame telegram
Pronoun
he/him
wrlHRnI.png

The moon shines brightly as the cats of the Jellicle tribe go about their nightly business in the barren city streets and alleyways. Throughout the empty town, handbills and video screens warn of the looming threat of Macavity, a criminal cat with devious intentions. What will this scoundrel's next big scheme be? The Jellicle cats can only shudder in anticipation...

Night Zero has begun. Please submit your night actions. Everyone who has been pinged below should have received their role PM; if you have not, tell me ASAP.

Day One will begin May 30 at 3pm EST/7pm UTC.

• The usual mafia rules: You may only post in the game thread during the day phase, dead players are not allowed to continue posting/private communications, etc.
  • No out-of-game-thread communication is permitted unless explicitly stated by me. I'll set up group PMs here on the forums for anyone allowed to privately communicate.
  • Please do not screencap your role PM or directly quote it at length. It's OK to quote small fragments or paraphrase it (or, of course, falsify small fragments or paraphrasings for a fakeclaim). If you don't know if a fragment counts as "small", try to err on the side of not directly quoting it (or just ask me).
  • In-thread votes will be accepted only when formatted in bold. You can also unvote or vote to abstain from lynching anyone. No hammering; at the day's deadline, votes will be tallied and the largest plurality of votes will be enacted. Ties will be broken by random number generator.
  • Please do not abuse the react feature. That includes living or dead players using reacts on old or recent posts for the purpose of surreptitiously conveying hints.

The sun rises on the city, and with it, so too do the cats rise to start the day. As they congregate, though, they find one of their number missing: Mawile. An investigation of his usual prowling spot, an old chair perched on a garbage heap in a back alley, turns up no clues but a tattered handbill warning of Macavity... it's almost like Mawile disappeared into thin air!

Mawile is dead. He was not scum.

Day One has begun. You may now post and discuss who to lynch today. Abstaining (no lynching) is allowed. Night One will begin June 2 at 3pm EST/7pm UTC

N0
Mawile
was killed. He was not scum.

it feels like it's been so long since i've seen the opening of a mafia game. but that's only because it's been so long since i've seen the opening of a mafia game

Ok but memes aside, this is the first mafia game I've played since uhhhhh 2006-2008ish? On the first vbulletin tcod, where I accidentally outed myself as lovers and died immediately the next night LOL. 😂 I'm really excited and I hope we all have a fun time!!! And thus I also apologise if I don't understand some things due to lack of experience. I'll try my best!

Rip Mawile though 😔 Too good for this world

yeah i guess the whole experience-discussing song and dance might be good, since we have a fair number of new players?

An investigation of his usual prowling spot, an old chair perched on a garbage heap in a back alley, turns up no clues but a tattered handbill warning of Macavity... it's almost like Mawile disappeared into thin air!

Someone with more knowledge of the actual Cats lore able to explain some of this? 👀 No body seems uhhhhh Mysterious

An investigation of his usual prowling spot, an old chair perched on a garbage heap in a back alley, turns up no clues but a tattered handbill warning of Macavity... it's almost like Mawile disappeared into thin air!

Someone with more knowledge of the actual Cats lore able to explain some of this? 👀 No body seems uhhhhh Mysterious
i believe this clue was left behind by a disgruntled person with poor oral hygiene. mawile had the role of Racist Dentist, and refused to serve his aggressor despite their severe dental pain. the rotten-toothed fellow struck mawile in anger, unfortunately resulting in his death. the murderer left behind a warning against any others who refused to treat “m’cavity.”

Back
Top Bottom