• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[CLOSED] The Bad People Who Kill People in an Evil Manner

Dawn breaks over the wonderful little town of Blargindale. People bustle about to their day to day boring lives, whether it involves work or school or drug induced hallucinations. Unfortunately, all that soon comes to an end when a mysterious note shows up at the Town Hall that alerts people that there are killers on the loose! OH NO!

Anyways, I have a few different roles and stuff so I'll just be a writing them down.

The Bad People
Mr. Evil - The leader of the group of killers. His real identity is shrouded in mystery, as all good criminals' identities should be. He sends the almighty Game Master a PM saying who will be killed that night.

The Other Evillish People
- All good evil people have to have henchmen, and these are them! Mr. Evil has two henchmen total, who consult with him on who the next victim will be.

Corrupt Politician - The corrupt politician is unfortunately very corrupt. He has sided with the mafia for unknown reasons. He knows who the mafia are and may communicate with them. The corrupt politician may do one of three things during the night.
-Choose to hide someone for a day, removing them from the day's discussion
-Choose to imprison someone for a night, halting any night action that the target performed.
-Absolutely nothing
If killed or checked by the psychic detective, the Corrupt Politician will be listed as Not Mafia.

The Potentially Bad People
Mrs. Henderson, the Crazy Lady - Mrs. Henderson is some crazy middle aged lady who lives down the street. She was in a Mental Facility for multiple years, and just got released. In her spare time, she enjoys yelling at kids to get off her lawn, knitting, and performing home repairs with a banana. Under these high tension times, she is prone to go psycho crazy and kamikazee. She may commit suicide, but by doing so she will take someone else with her. You will know when this happens because her post will say "Suicide with [insert person's name here]". If this happens, the townspeople will be shocked and go home for the night, regardless of where they are in their midday discussions.

The Stupid Teenage Couple - The stupid teenage couple have pronounced their undying love for one another over and over and are overly dramatic and have seen every sappy romance movie known to mankind. If one of them is killed, the other will kill him or herself because they think that it is romantic because of the stupid romance movies they watch. They both know who the other is and may communicate with one another. They win by being the last two standing.

The Nice People that do Nice Things to Stop Evilness
The Doctors - The two doctors are nice people. They help people when they get sick. They can also choose one person each night to save from death by prescribing them Live Saving Pills (TM). Unfortunately, if they both give these to the same person, they will overdose and the Life Saving Pills will do anything but save a life.

Psychic Detective - The Psychic detective is a very witty person. He is also very smart. Every night, Mr. Psychic Detective can check up on one person to see if they are Mafia or not.

The Judge - The Judge is a very powerful woman in the town of Blargindale. Under these high tension times, she remains very calm and is looked up to by all of the Blargindalianites. The Judge has the ability to grant someone Immunity during the night, which prevents them from being nominated the next day. No one will know who the judge is. Every morning, the city will have a piece of paper that says who has been granted immunity for that day. If the judge is killed, she will show up as "Judge" instead of Not Mafia/Mafia.

Not Corrupt Politician - The not corrupt politician is, well, not corrupt. The not corrupt politician will be made aware of who the Doctors and the Psychic detectives are, but will not be allowed to communicate with them. The not corrupt politician has the same abilities as the corrupt politician, which are:
-Choose to hide someone for a day, removing them from the day's discussion
-Choose to imprison someone for a night, halting any night action that the target performed.
-Absolutely nothing

Jenny and Ginny - Jenny and Ginny are total BFFs. They do everything together; school, homework, potty breaks, they do all of those things together. If one of them dies, the other would be pretty pissed. So pissed, that they'd enact their revenge by killing someone who they think killed the other person. Every night, each one of them targets someone who they think will kill Jenny or Ginny. If one of them dies, the person the other one targeted will, in turn, be killed in revenge.

So here are the roles all together:
Mr. Evil
Henchmen1
Henchmen2
Corrupt Politician
Mrs. Henderson
Jenny
Ginny
Doctor1
Doctor2
Psychic Detective
Judge
Not Corrupt Politician
Couple1
Couple2

14 Roles in total. So we're going to need a lot of people. If there are any questions about roles, PM me or post in the thread here. Most of the roles are based on characters that Butterfree describes in the Mafia Rules thread, but 3 of them are different (Judge, Politicians)

gogogo sign up!

Last edited:
Re: The Bad People Who Kill People in an Evil Manner

What would the Lawyer's win condition be?

What would the Lawyer's win condition be?
Hrm, I suppose he doesn't really have much of a win condition. I suppose his win condition is if he and his clients are the last ones standing. Of course, if one of his clients ends up being mafia, if he and the mafia are the only ones left standing, then he will win along with the mafia.

*Goes to add detail about mafia killings to the Lawyer's description*

so lawyer wins along by survival when two or fewer other players are around?

that quite unbalances the game against the lawyer, no? and with no advantage in sight for the inconvenience, either.

So, if the lawyer wins, does technically mean the town and the mafia lose (unless the client was mafia, lilke you said)? And does he win with mafia only if both clients are mafia? And what if both were town, would that make him win with the town? And what if one is mafia and the other is town and they both survive? Does he win alone? I'm a bit confused. Yes, I ask a lot of questions.

Hrm. I was thinking over this a little bit earlier and realized that the concept of the lawyer sounded a lot better than what it is when its put together in the game, especially after the points that you guys brought up. I think that I could make the lawyer either a mafia affiliated role that has to defend the mafia and would win with the mafia, or just simply cutting the role.

I'm leaning towards just cutting the role, but I want to think it over a bit more first.

EDIT: I've decided to cut the role of the lawyer. Maybe in a distant future game once I've thought the role through more, I'll add it again.

Last edited:

So uh. I guess I get last spot?

what are win conditions for the neutrals?

additionally, what happens if the polits roleblock each other? negation paradox?

Last edited:
what are win conditions for the neutrals?
Hrmdehrm. I think I should probably switch around Ginny and Jenny & the couple. I don't know why I didn't notice that earlier. Anyways, the couple wins if they are the last two standing.

As for the crazy lady, hmm, I suppose its more of an option of, if she gets nominated during the day she has the option of killing herself and taking someone else out with her. I figured that would be the only time someone would use that ability, but I just never put that up I suppose.

durr I'm an awful mafia planner aren't I?

additionally, what happens if the polits roleblock each other? negation paradox?
Whichever politician gets their action in first will block the other. So if Politician A and Politician B target each other, and if Politician B sent me the PM first, then Politician A will be blocked.

If by some freakish chance they send their actions in at the same time, then they will be canceled out.

Back
Top Bottom