• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Cooking

Can you cook?

• Yes

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 21 48.8%
  • No, I'm a master microwaver cooker microwaver important person of microwavers extreme!

Votes: 8 18.6%

• Total voters

Skroy

Eh... =P
I thought the "Miscellaneous Discussion" section could use a new thread, so here's one I could not stumble upon 10 pages within the section:

It's a simple question I ask: are you able to cook a decent dish for yourself? Your entire family? Or are you the master of putting-things-inside-a-microwave-or-oven? Maybe perhaps you have mastered the art of flipping burgers on the grill? And furthermore, what kind of dishes have you created?

As for me, I can cook decently for myself plus my family, although they never seem pleased with the way I cook food. Some dishes I made include curry, fettuccine alfredo, beef stew, fish in tempura, pork chops, and rice pudding!

If you want, go ahead and share some recipes with the rest of the community! :D

I cook, but I also am a mircrowave guru. I used to cook dinner for my parents when they were coming home late.

I don't really like it or do it often, but I know a few things. When I do cook, well, it's usually just helping someone else with a larger meal rather than actually cooking myself.
Best I can do on my own is probably pancakes. Not a good improvisational cook or anything (would prefer to follow a recipe from some person with better taste).

I just made cookies 8D
Well actually a cookie because however small or thin I try to make them they just melt and swell into one giant megacookie but at least the oven didn't decide to randomly burn half of them this time

I remember one time I was making scones, and then in the oven, they all blorped into one big blob of scone, which I ate and it was delicious.

I can cook a bit - the ones I remember cooking off the top of my head are bread, scones, curry, cake, and noodles. I prefer to make easier-to-cook things than things that you cook from nothing.

I can cook. I regularly cook for myself and I could cook for others, too. I typically make some kind of pasta sauce and eat it with chicken, although I also make burgers, chilli con carne, spaghetti bolognese... I made a great chicken stew the other day.

Sometimes I bake.

I want to learn how to cook so I don't have to live on freezer waffles and pizza pockets my whole life.

I can cook and I've been able to cook since I was about 13. As for what I cook... well...

I usually boil or wok vegetables. I'm also able to cut most open and remove the non-edible parts if they're fresh (for example when you have haricot verts you need to cut off the ends, you can't eat those). I'm able to cook most easy meats, but I could probably also do a good steak. I can peel potatoes and boil them or mash them, but I'm a slow peeler so I prefer to buy already sliced potatoes that you can subsequently fry.

I make lots of different sauces depending on what I'm cooking that night but I've done pretty much every form of pasta, sauces with rice, curry, you name it. I also improvised a Thai curry when on holiday in Greece. It worked out extremely neatly.

I'm best at various pasta+rice and wok dishes, though. Although I have no trouble trying pretty much anything once.

I don't use raw tomatoes though, fucking terrible. Like every cook I hate cutting up opinions. I don't make fish that often either, and I can't prepare lobster or shrimp or the like. Not a fan of seafood.

I need to learn to cook soon/within the next year or so; I'd rather not spend my four university years living on microwave meals and frozen pizza...

I can make many different dishes. I just need to follow the recipe, add a few spices to taste, and eat. I'm not as bad as Raine from ToS when I experiment with the spices though.

My vagina enables me to have super cookery powers.

Obviously.

My penis enables me to cook better than you.

I love cooking, especially since I'm a vegetarian and have to make everything myself. Cooking kind of came out of necessity.

I like making whole wheat spaghetti~ With homemade sauce~

My penis enables me to cook better than you.

I love cooking, especially since I'm a vegetarian and have to make everything myself. Cooking kind of came out of necessity.

I like making whole wheat spaghetti~ With homemade sauce~

But how does your penis hold a spoon?

I can cook spaghetti, and a few other things. I'm not sure about cooking meat, I tried once and it was undercooked and no one ate it. BUT I can follow recipes/directions on food containers really well. I have about a 5% failure rate with those kind of things.

Back
Top Bottom