• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Crowning Glory

Munchkin

is NOT edible. Unless you're a vampire.
Before anything, I'd like to introduce you to the rules.

Rules
1) This is either a LIT or Semi-LIT thread. Do not post using 1337, chatspeak, etc. and do not complain if you are denied the right to participate. Your grammar and spelling should be at least halfway decent if you wish to join.
2) No godmoding!
3) Only one character per person.
4) You can NOT control other people's characters. If you do, your post will be ignored.
5) Remember, what you know, your character does not necessarily know.
6) When there are 20 members total, including me, this RP is closed. DO NOT post here asking to join or pretending to already be a member, and do not PM me asking to join.
7) If you want to add a plot tweak or something, you must first PM me and ask for permission. If it isn't approved and you try to make it happen anyway, you will be reported.
8) Just because my rules are strict and my rules are many, I am not a mean person. I just prefer RPs without people that try to take over or always post with spelling errors or chatspeak.
9) Remember, this is JUST and RP. If two or more characters dispute within the RP, the two or more users that play them do not necessarily hate each other or have to hate each other.
10) When plot-important NPCs come up, I'll be the one playing them. That should be obvious, but I wanted to make that clear. No other members can control NPCs.
11) I honestly have no idea what to rate this RP, PG or PG13. I'm not planning any excessively violent scenes, except maybe at the very end, but who knows, something may come up.
12) Character relationships may build up during the RP or, if you wish to start with a character relationship, you must have the permission of whoever is involved. Relationships don't necessarily mean romance.
13) No legendaries. That ruins the plan for the entire plot. Rotom is allowed because she's the star and hasn't been crowned Legend yet.
14) Please, try to keep everything friendly and have fun.

Plot

The Valley in the Sky...does it really exist?

------------

An assembly of special-looking Pokémon was gathered in a large valley. Each being stood on or hovered directly above an immense pillar of rock. One, a large bird, was looking down at the ground, near the base of its own pillar. The bird's feathers shone like the seven colors of the rainbow depending on at which angle they were struck. All that didn't change color was its skinny black legs, from which sprout powerful white talons, its golden beak and tail, and the golden four-feathered crest that emerged from its head.

He scanned the area to see that all mouths were quiet and all eyes were on him. When he saw that it was orderly, he closed his eyes. A bright, golden aura surrounded him. The aura soon spread in front of him and faded so that only a glowing ball of light was present, floating in the air in front of this magnificent bird. The ball of light twisted and changed its shape to form a crown.

The bird cleared his throat and began, "Once every thousand years, we crown a new Pokémon as Legend. We are gathered here today to witness to crowning of Rotom as Legend of Phantasmal Sparks. Let Rotom be hereby-"

"That's quite enough of that, Ho-oh." All the Pokémon looked around to find who the owner of the voice was. Their answer was found in the sky, when a storm of dark clouds rolled in. The clouds shifted to reveal the head of a large black dragon, with piercing red eyes.

"How dare you interrupt our ceremony!"

"How dare you talk back to me!" The dragon's image glared at the majestic bird. "Well, I just wanted to let you know that there will be no more crowning ceremonies from now on."

"What? That's impossible! You have no right to stop us from continuing!"

"Oh, but I do. You see, when you all return to your families and you see what I have done, you will be aghast. Go and see for yourselves!" With that, and evil chuckle filled the valley with its thundering sound before the clouds rolled away and the valley was clear once more.

----------

If it does...I want to see it. Just a quick look. That's all I want.

What is this ceremony? Who was that dragon? What was he talking about that's so horrible? There's only one way to find out...

Form
Name:
Species:
Appearance:
Personality:
Bio:
Other:

My Form
Name: Whisper
Species: Leafeon
Appearance: Wisp's fur is a smooth, jet-black color. The insides of her ears, her paws, and eyes are all a strange marble white. Her leaves change color with the seasons. From early spring - early summer, her leaves are green. From mid-late summer, they are bright yellow. During early autumn, they are a golden orange. In the middle of autumn, they are a bright red. And from late autumn - late winter, they are a crispy brown.
Personality: When she is not actively leading the team, Wisp is a very quiet and anti-social individual. Her emotions are never seen through facial expressions, and she has never been known to cry or show any romantic relationships.
Bio: Wisp never talks about her past, and as such, nobody knows anything about her history. Nobody knows why she's so quiet, why her fur is black, or why she seems to have some Dark-type powers.
Other: Wisp seems to have some powers of a Dark-type Pokémon, though no one knows why. She can easily and willingly melt into shadows so that she is invisible to anyone that does not have her same abilities. She often hides in the shadows so no one can find her and bother her, but rushes out when someone needs her help with something related to the group's mission.

Characters
1) Whisper/Leafeon/Melodic Harmony (F)
2) Sling/Yanma/Blaziking 175 (M)
3) Vanilla/Miltank/Gardevoir (F)
4) Moon/Umbreon/ChaosTres (M)
5) Xhan/Lucario/Black Yoshi 99 (M)
6) Figaro/Jolteon/Kindling Queen (M)
7) Kendrack/Mightyena/iLike2EatPiez (M)
8) Scintilla/Rotom/shadow_lugia (F)
9) Gust/Drifblim/Yanmega (M)
10) Anya/Raichu/Kinova (F)
11)

Character Relationships

Last edited:
Ugh...third RP I'm joining today. Curse there being so many good-looking ones.

Name: Sling
Species: Yanma
Appearance: Regular Yanma, except the green around his eyes is actually blue.
Personality: Sling is usually upbeat and a little air-headed, but occaisonally can be slightly depressing and insightful. He is very timid.
Bio: Was born in Johto and began to travel everywhere; for he loves adventure.
Other: Sling has an ability to learn moves not normally learned by a Yanma, such as Faint Attack, Harden, and a few others.

Name: Vanilla
Species: Miltank
Appearance: Vanilla is a slightly lighter color than other Miltank.
Personality: Vanilla is sweet and caring, unable to turn a blind eye to anyone in need.
Bio: Vanilla is the healer, giving MooMoo Milk to anyone on her side who needs it. She was raised on the farm in Johto, and was said to make "the most delicious milk of any Miltank."
Other: ZERO.

Name: Moon
Species: Umbreon
Appearance: A moon crest on his right ear and wears an armorlike material with the moon crest on front
Personality: Calm, brave, and a born leader
Bio: Separated from his family at a young age. He wonders what happened to them
Other: None

Accepted

But maybe you could describe the armor a bit more? What it looks like, what color, how heavy and flexible? Otherwise, the rest is fine.

May I join?

Name: Mimi
Species: Buneary
Appearance: A normal Buneary with a silver earring on the left ear.
Personality: She's nice, calm, shy, and helpful, buy may be sassy at the times
Bio: Her family died because of Houndooms, she ran away and found a cave where no one can find her.
Other: None.

Last edited:
Name:Xhan
Species:Lucario
Appearance:Xhan is just a normal Lucario, except that he wears a black Pecha Scarf.
Personality:He's generally kind, and willing to help. In a bad mood, he can be a little annoying, and stubborn. He's a little over confident in his powers.
Bio:Xhan was a powerful fighter whenhe was young, but eventually he was poisoned. He nearly died. Afterwards, he retrieved a Pecha Scarf, and dyed it black so that he could fool opponents into thinking they could poison him,which is when he'd attack. After he evolved, he left home and journeyed throughout the world. None of his friends or family know that his scarf is a Pecha scarf.
Other:Nope.

Hikari Nijino - "Family died because of Houndooms" is unclear. So is the rest of your application. If this is a sample of the way you RP, you need more description. Please repost with more description. Pending Approval.

Black Yoshi 99 - Approved. Welcome, my RSP buddy! =]

"Because of Houndooms"...can you please explain that? As in, what exactly did Houndoom do to Mimi? Also, I asked you to repost, not edit your post. And correct grammar would be "I'll change it" or "I changed it", not "I change it".

Also, exactly how young are you? Anyway, that should be no excuse for poor grammar and description. If you read the rules, you'd know that this is a LIT thread. That stands for Literate, which in forum RPing means that you must have decent spelling, grammar, and description whenever you post in the thread. That should be a heads-up that you need to spiff up your grammar.

Name: Figaro
Species: Jolteon
Appearance: He's taller than your average Jolteon which makes him look superior amongst other of his kind and his fur is a deep orange instead of yellow.
Personality: Moody. He has mood swings every now and then because of his quick processing mind. He can be nice but has a very loose personality making him a great companion. He thinks he doesn't need a mate in life to feel fulfilled.
Bio: Figaro was born as an assassins partner. He learned to feel nothing upon deaths and how to summon his voltage level to the extreme. He was recognized in the assassins association for his talents making him look more and more like Raikou himself. Figaro had then been sent to kill a trainer with a Leafeon. It was his past lover who he had been separated from. He was obedient though and his solid personality broke and he snapped. He developed a feeling of sorrow and a feeling of anger and hopes to understand the inexplainable feelings he has such as something known as happiness.
Other: Figaro has the ability to use Destiny Bond.

((how could i not join your RPG (8 ))

Accepted - I knew you were coming, so I figured there's no point in PMing you. Hope you don't mind?

Also, a Leafeon lover? Interesting... =P

Name: Kendrack
Species: Mightyena

Appearance: Kendrack is a dark-looking Mightyena, what with his ragged fur and sharp black nails. His eyes gleam an odd blood red. One ear is completely tattered, and all but falling off of his head. Perhaps the most noticable odd trait of Kendrack however is his horns. From between his ears, a pair of jet-black horns point back toward his tail, ending in sharp points. Because of their position, these horns are barely usable as weapons. All the same, when he lowers his head, bares his yellow fangs, and snarls, it is nothing short of utterly terrifying.

Personality: Cold and mysterious, Kendrack tends to be a bit of a "lone wolf". (pun!) When approached by most Pokemon, he simply ignores them or says as little as possible. He only respects those who see past his demonic appearance and accept him for who he really is: a lonely and lost soul. Those who have gained his respect have a quiet but loyal companion for life.

Bio: When Kendrack was just a young Poochyena, his parents were killed by mysterious two-legged creatures, and he was taken away. The place he found himself in was cold, dark, metallic, and intimidating. At this point in his life, Kendrack had no idea that this was a testing-lab and that the "creatures" were humans, but how could he? All he was aware of was the fear, the loneliness, and the pain. They did experiments on him. He evolved earlier than he should have, and grew his horns after some genetic experiment. And eventually, miraculously, he escaped. Ever since then Kendrack has lived in the Eterna Forest, away from all humans, in silent solitude. He sees all humans as foes, and would not hesitate to attack or even kill any human on sight.

Other: Hmm... Nothing.

Yay for literate-ness...? ^^

Accepted - You win the award of Most Descriptive Post I've Seen in a While. Congratulations, I'm honored to have you here! =]

Back
Top Bottom