• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Suggestions daikonpiki

surskitty

「にがいのは いやだ」って…
Pronoun
they
I've deleted a lot of things off my imageshack so now my old thread requires $effort to clean up. :/ New thread, then!

- Comments are grand.
- I don't take requests, precisely, but if you go 'draw a thing' I probably will. I'm also interested in taking commissions if you want PHYSICAL BITS OF DAIKONPAN ART; rate is $6 per hour (rounded up) plus materials. So probably just $6 plus shipping unless you're interested in having me make a metalwork thing for you, in which case expect more like $30 because that takes ages and did you know enamels and lab time are expensive? But then you can get a dangly thingy made by ME! Isn't that awesome!
- If you want me to make a metalwork thing for you, please note I've been doing this for like four months; the most skilled, I am not.

Some art!

inked things
- litwick (Pokémon)
- Aron A Aronson (Pokémon)
- Lazlo looking a bit confused (GenSui)
- Lazlo looking a bit sheepish (GenSui)
- unimpressed flareon (Pokémon)
- Lorelai (GenSui)
- Chisato (GenSui)
- Luc and a Natu (my self-indulgent GenSui/Pokémon crossover au)
- volcarona (Pokémon)
- Lorelei (Pokémon)
- Xellos (Slayers)
- Deep Sea Dolphin (Slayers)
- Huraker (Slayers)
- Sherra (Slayers)
- Greater Beast Zelas (Slayers)
- Grovyle (Pokémon)
- Zelgadis Greywords (Slayers)
- five favourite bug pokémon by generation: venonat, yanma, shedinja, skorupi, scolipede (Pokémon)
- Fish in a statue, a la RGBY (Pokémon)
- Golurk (Pokémon)
- Chisato (GenSui)
- Ritz and Shara fencing (Final Fantasy Tactics Advance)
- Sarah (my self-indulgent GenSui/Pokémon crossover au)
- Sialeeds with a swablu on her head (my self-indulgent GenSui/Pokémon crossover au)
- season two Mytho (Princess Tutu; spoilers)
- seadra (Pokémon)
- Yuna (Final Fantasy X)
- Zelgadis Graywords and also a spiritomb (Slayers)
- Milia coopting a certain other dragon knight's schtick (GenSui)
- Rody (GenSui)
- I accidentally a Rose Lalonde (Homestuck)
- Sasarai eating a sandwich (GenSui)
- Landis (GenSui)
- Blue lounging on a jigglypuff (PokéSpe)

digitally coloured things
- Lorelei (Pokémon)
- Viktor (GenSui; drawn for a Homestuck crossover)
- Lina Inverse (Slayers)
- Pokota (Slayers)
- Haunter in an abandoned building (Pokémon)
- an archen in a top hat for bluwiikoon (Pokémon)
- a daikonpan as a mage of void (Homestuck, because why not) *
- Sanae Yamamoto (GenSui) *
- a thing vaguely for class *

traditional things
- enamelling projects
- Diglett card (Pokémon)
- Magnemite card (Pokémon)
- traced orchid
- various enamelled thingies!
- Nidoran M (Pokémon)
- Eevee (Pokémon)
- Caterpie (Pokémon)
- Litwick (Pokémon)
- Gengar (Pokémon)
- Shedinja (Pokémon)
- Crobat (Pokémon)
- oddish (Pokémon)
- unfinished bellossom (Pokémon)
- Glalie (Pokémon)
- Whismur (Pokémon)
- Hypno (Pokémon)
- crayon Gastly (Pokémon)
- Pidgeot (Pokémon)
- Misdreavus (Pokémon)
- Spoink (Pokémon)
- Sableye (Pokémon)
- Joltik (Pokémon)
- lazy rose
- Clefable (Pokémon; for pokeddex)
- Makuhita (Pokémon; for pokeddex)
- Crobat (Pokémon; for pokeddex)
- Trapinch (Pokémon; for pokeddex)
- Foongus (Pokémon; for pokeddex)
- Dwebble (Pokémon; for pokeddex)
- Venonat (Pokémon; for pokeddex)
- Rotom the rice cooker (Pokémon; for pokeddex)
- Mawile in a cave (Pokémon; for pokeddex)
- Darmakka (Pokémon; for pokeddex)
- Mantine (Pokémon; for pokeddex)
- Bellossom (Pokémon; for pokeddex)
- Stunfisk (Pokémon; for pokeddex)
- Chinchou (Pokémon; for pokeddex)
- Reuniclus (Pokémon; for pokeddex)

Last edited:
:D I love your style in both draws and linearting. Also jealous of ability to human. Also I like how you did the shine on the hair on the Lazlo in gray, since the background is white (or transparent?). It's interesting.

Would you be interested in an art trade?? Or a sketch-trade/doodle-trade or something because my computer seems to be dying so it's harder to finish work atm. e_e

:D I love your style in both draws and linearting. Also jealous of ability to human. Also I like how you did the shine on the hair on the Lazlo in gray, since the background is white (or transparent?). It's interesting.

Would you be interested in an art trade?? Or a sketch-trade/doodle-trade or something because my computer seems to be dying so it's harder to finish work atm. e_e
Thank you! ... I was actually keeping track of where the bandana'd be with that, though that does sound an interesting thing to do.

Sure! I haven't really worked out how colouring on the computer works yet, though, particularly since I use a touchpad for everything, and I can't currently get to my scanner and dislike the other scanner, so if it's coloured it'd be with coloured pencils and it'd probably be about a week before I can actually scan it.

- diglett card (Pokémon) *
- magnemite card (Pokémon) *
- a flower I traced a little for in art class *

I remember that flower u_u It's really pretty. Flowers are harder than they seem.

I'm all for a sketch/doodle trade then, since like I said finishing stuff is difficult for me atm. You can draw an pathos. What I should draw??

I remember that flower u_u It's really pretty. Flowers are harder than they seem.

I'm all for a sketch/doodle trade then, since like I said finishing stuff is difficult for me atm. You can draw an pathos. What I should draw??
Thanks~!

A venonat trampling a city of your choice! ... If that's hard, just a venonat with legos.

LARGE FILE SIZES~!
- various enamelled thingies! *
- Nidoran M (Pokémon) *
- Eevee (Pokémon) *
- Caterpie (Pokémon) *
- Litwick (Pokémon) *
- Gengar (Pokémon) *

Pfahaha ok :D I will draw that later today!

Also more love on that gengar e___e it's so perfect seriously. I also love the shades of bluepurples in it. And some red? Just a bit? Which is super cool in sharing colours throughout it, from the eyes :D I love itttt.

aaah I've already talked to you about your lineart (*~*) so I will talk about your traditional things! I like your colours! You seem to have a pretty good grasp on what colours work well together, especially so in the shedinja one which is my favourite (but I also just like shedinja) and the caterpie is also very nice. What do you use to colour these? is it pencil? idk it's super pretty.

oh I think I talked to you about your enamelled things already (so nice) but one thing I forgot to suggest last time is that you should photograph them with a coin or your hand or something to get a better idea of scale? I mean it's not important or anything but it's useful, I guess.

Also I think it's needless to say that the flower is really really good. I mean it doesn't really matter that you traced some of it but even like, the lines are so crisp and clear and gorgeous and it helps to show how delicate the flower is, it's very nice. Flowers are always really nice still life figures because they're usually quite dynamic and interesting to draw.

where is the coloured one of lorelai? it's really good you should put it up!

Ahh, thanks! Yeah, these're all coloured with coloured pencils. Not particularly fancy or high-end ones as far as I know, though; I found woodless graphite (well, not graphite, presumably, but I'm not sure what they ARE then) coloured pencils at an art store (Plaza, for you fellow Americans) and those're what I use.

Thanks! :D I always start colouring with a base layer of something to help it look unified, like I started with red for gengar and light blue for litwick and yellow for caterpie, eevee and shedinja. Then I just use either the 'correct' colour or colours one step away (assuming red orange yellow green cyan blue indigo fuschia here) and put a bunch of layers on. I still haven't really worked out what I'm doing with it, but that's what I've got so far.

Yeah, whenever I take more photos I'll do that! Good plan.

- coloured Lorelei *

- Chisato (GenSui) *
- Luc and a Natu (my self-indulgent GenSui/Pokémon crossover au) *

I thought that colored pencils had hard wax cores, but as it turns out it's a mix of some filler material, pigment, and a binding agent. Also some water! Huh.

Your lineart looks basic at first but is actually way more complicated than it looks after one glance and I rather like it! Especially when it's colored like that last Lorelei one.

Thank you!

Only coloured things today~!

- Viktor (GenSui; drawn for a Homestuck crossover; I don't like how the fire turned out but I spent an hour and a half trying to work out how to do flames so fuck it) *
- Lina Inverse (Slayers) *
- Crobat (Pokémon) *

I only coloured the hair for Xellos and Dolphin before getting bored, and then I didn't know what Huraker's hair colour is and didn't feel like looking it up so I skipped her hair. They're on a page with Riksfalto for bonus mazoku (and I didn't have space for Zelas) but I don't expect you to recognise any of these character names except maybe Xellos. I didn't draw Riksfalto very well, though, so I guess I'll have to draw another Riksfalto with Zelas and, idk, Sherra. Yeah, definitely.

- Xellos (Slayers) *
- Deep Sea Dolphin (Slayers) *
- Huraker (Slayers) *

Seconding, Amala! And your stuff is super gorgeous! I am ever so jealous of your ability to use lines! They're all finely tapered and are always interesting to look at! If art skills were a thing that you could steal, your amazing ability would be long gone by now and being sold at a high profit on the artsy black market.

My only complaint on Pidgeot is that perhaps that its other leg isn't all that visible (and may be part Hoothoot.) Otherwise, I love the colors and, of course, the lines.

I love the Pidgeot!
Seconding, Amala! And your stuff is super gorgeous! I am ever so jealous of your ability to use lines! They're all finely tapered and are always interesting to look at! If art skills were a thing that you could steal, your amazing ability would be long gone by now and being sold at a high profit on the artsy black market.

My only complaint on Pidgeot is that perhaps that its other leg isn't all that visible (and may be part Hoothoot.) Otherwise, I love the colors and, of course, the lines.
Thank you, both!

Hey, tapering lines isn't that tricky of a thing to pick up. You should try it! It takes a while to get it down enough to look right, but hey.

The reference pic I used didn't have the other leg visible either, really, so I think she's just standing on another branch partly.

I haven't inked these fully, but hey, have some wips.
- young Luc on a ladder which he may or may not have time for (GenSui) *
- Pokémon Trainer L様, about to send out... (Slayers) *
- ... 部下S, who'll be stuck in a pokéball or a hamster ball or an acorn or something (Slayers) *
- Lorelai in a mix of her I and V outfits shooting a bow (GenSui) *

I'm not sure how I'm going to fiddle with L's outfit :|a Hm. I also should've given S a hold item, and by a hold item I mean a mace. Though maybe L should have her mace. ... Shit, L should have a can of mace in her left hand. Yes, definitely.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom