• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

DarkAura vs. Phantom

bulbasaur

Not quite e^(-(x-μ)²/(2σ²)) / (σ√(2π))
1 vs 1 single
DQ Time: 5 Days
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Weather Moves, Charging moves
Arena: PokeStadium

In the middle of the ocean, a stadium filled with changing terrains is open for battles. Due to the lack of space, only 1 pokemon per trainer. After every round, the terrain cnanges.

Volcano~ Boosts the power of fire type moves, weakens moves that are super effective to fire types. Flash fire activated.

Forest~ Boosts powers of grass type moves, weakens moves super effective to grass types.

Trench~ Boosts power of water type moves, weakens moves super effective to water types. Swift swim activated.

Thunderstorm~Boosts power of electric type moves, weakens moves super effective to electric types. Lightningrod activated.

Default~ Boosts a randomized type, weakens moves super effective to those types.

All have an equal chance of happening. Each stage will not come out twice in a row.

Other: All Abilities are negated, unless it is an ability listed and is on that stage.
Every event has an equal chance of happening. (If default is picked, the 13 other types are also have an equal chance of happening)

Pokémon

DarkAura's Active Pokémon:

Charmander
Xena
Charmander with ability Blaze

Tirtouga
Artemis
Tirtouga with ability Sturdy

Magikarp
Apollo 13
Magikarp with ability Swift Swim

Ralts
Dementia
Ralts with ability Synchronize

Skelitten
Sheol
Skelitten with ability Pressure

Mareep
Lil' Bo Peep
Mareep with ability Static

Litwick
Api Lahir
Litwick with ability Flash Fire

Phantom's Active Pokémon:
Charmeleondawn-stone
Kadan
Charmeleon with ability Blaze holding a Dawn Stone

Haunterreaper-cloth
My Dark Soul
Haunter with ability Levitate holding a Reaper Cloth

Manectric
Blitz
Manectric with ability Lightningrod

Aerodactyl
Fl'hight
Aerodactyl with ability Rock Head

Attack order:
  1. DarkAura sends out Pokémon
  2. Phantom sends out Pokémon and gives commands
  3. DarkAura gives commands
  4. I ref

Last edited:
OK, guess my choice is Blitz, get 'em girl.

Start out with Double Team, followed by Thunder Fang, then Snarl.

Double Team~Thunder Fang~ Snarl

hmm..lets go with earth quake so that it hits the clones and blitz. Followed by protect, and then another earthquake.

Earthquake~Protect~Earthquake

Before I post the round, what do you mean by "boosting" or "weakening" moves? Is +/- a set amount of damage, or x1.5 / 0.67?

Pre-round

A tiny island in the middle of Asber's ocean. Nothing special about that, right? Except for the fact that it is the Pokéstadium. As the trainers and the referee approached the barely visible island on a Pidgeot, it shook and sputtered and in a flash summoned dark clouds at the altitude at which they were flying. The Pidgeot expertly dove and landed before anyone could get struck by lightning, then let its passengers off and walked to the side to spectate. The referee looked around. There were various machines which produced different effects around the field; one of them was on at the moment, glowing and beeping. A loud clap of thunder simultaneously accompanied a flash of lightning; the referee was caught off-guard and leapt into the air. Bringing his focus back on the battlers, he saw that both players had selected their Pokémon; DarkAura had decided on a lazy blue and black turtle, while Phantom had picked a much more active blue canine with a yellow mane. Commands were passed, Pokémon were readied, and the battle was started

Pokémon

DarkAura (O)
Active
Tirtouga
Artemis
Health:100%
Energy:100%

Phantom (O)
Active
Manectric
Blitz
Health:100%
Energy:100%
Condition: Special Attack +1
Double Team~Thunder Fang~ Snarl

Round 1 begin!

A bolt of lightning struck Blitz, producing a sickening crackle and worrying the trainers. However, this anxiety was found to be unfounded as she emerged from the bolt seemingly stronger, and, more importantly, with six copies of herself. It was impossible to distinguish one from another, and they all gave a mighty roar before bracing themselves for the next attack.

Unfazed by this, though, Artemis jumped onto the ground at exactly the right frequency; the arena began to shake violently, though not as violently as expected, and there were rumbles similar to the thunder overhead. The shockwaves struck all six clones and the creator; Blitz was tossed up and down, suffering various cuts and bruises, but still managed to keep the illusions alive.

Right after Artemis stopped making the arena shake, she set up a green barrier of energy to protect her from any attack that may come. Enraged from the Earthquake, Blitz stored electric energy in her fangs powered by the thunderstorm before trying to sinking them into the Artemis; however, she was stopped by the turtle's shield, which glowed deep green upon impact of the attack. She immediately moved away so as to be again indistinguishable from her clones. Artemis, sensing her surroundings to be safe, let down her shield and looked around before settling down and preparing for her next attack.

Blitz, however, got to act first. She Snarled, all seven of her, baring her fangs which were imbued with dark curses and making Artemis feel somewhat uncomfortable. Artemis retreated into her carapace, feeling shaken up, and decided to make Blitz as shaken up as she was. Jumping up and down in her shell, she made the Earth tremble again. The arena roared as loud as the thunder above, and Blitz couldn't stand her ground, succumbing to the shock and suffering another array of injuries.

Meanwhile, the referee, having figured out how to operate the machines, pressed a button; the thunderstorm machine shut down, and, for a moment, all was calm and peaceful again. That moment didn't last long, though; tall grass sprouted underneath the trainers' feet and trees sprung up, obscuring the sun as efficiently as the thunderclouds did.

Round 1 end!

Damage and Energy Calculations

Action 1
Double Team: 6% energy
Earthquake: 10% damage, 7% energy

Action 2
Protect: 7% energy
Thunder Fang: would have done 15% damage, cost 3% energy

Action 3
Snarl: 7% damage, 4% energy
Earthquake: 10% damage, 7% energy

Pokémon

DarkAura (O)
Active
Tirtouga
Artemis
Health:93%
Energy:79%
Condition: Special Attack -1

Phantom (O)
Active
Manectric
Blitz
Health:80%
Energy:87%
Condition: 6 Double Team evasion clones
Double Team (6)~Thunder Fang~ Snarl

Notes:
  • No critical hits
  • Arena was Thunderstorm for the round; will be Forest next round
  • I wasn't sure if Double Team was made for evasion or accuracy. I'll assume evasion as is the common choice, and as would make more sense in your case.
  • I don't think Double Team clones are revealed by Earthquake. If I'm wrong, correct me.
  • Question: If the abilities get activated, do the boosts last past the round when they get activated?
  • So sorry for the lateness

Next round:
  1. DarkAura commands
  2. Phantom commands
  3. I ref

(no, theyonly last for that round and that round only, unless brought again at a later round)

Hmm, lets go with another earthquake, then earthquake, then earthquake.

If it ues protect, counter or any move like the two at any time, use Double Team (but only on the first time it uses a move like that. If it uses it more than once, then withdraw the next times.)

If it uses any attacking move, dig under, and if there are still more turns, then withdraw wihle under.

Earthquake/Double Team/Dig~Earthquake(if not under)/Double Team/Dig(if not already)/Withdraw/~Earthquake(if not under)/Double Team/Dig(if not under)/Withdraw

sorry if it seems a little confusing (its confusing for me too)

I will ask around. Cause I think a teeeny pokeball can fit in my pocket. But it doesn't mention Volt Switch as a banned move.

Last edited:
1 vs. 1 automatically implies set, because you only have access to one Pokémon. Think of it as you only being able to carry one Pokéball in.

veekun said:
If the user is the last Pokémon in its party that can battle, it will not switch out.

With the forest came the mosquitoes. Droves of the buzzing creatures (what were they doing in the Pokémon world?) came out of nowhere, out for the participants' blood. The annoying sound was too much to handle, and Blitz shot a wave of electricity in all directions, deftly avoiding the trainers and her opponent. The mosquitoes all dropped down in a wonderfully complete and uniform manner, to the joy of everyone present.

Pokémon

DarkAura (O)
Active
Tirtouga
Artemis
Health:93%
Energy:79%
Condition: Special Attack -1
Earthquake/Double Team/Dig~Earthquake(if not under)/Double Team/Dig(if not already)/Withdraw/~Earthquake(if not under)/Double Team/Dig(if not under)/Withdraw

Phantom (O)
Active
Manectric
Blitz
Health:80%
Energy:87%
Thunder Wave~Thunder Fang~Return

Round 2 begin!

Blitz started off the round with a wave of electricity directed at Artemis. It made the slow turtle even slower, and left her brain's signals scrambled so that she could not coordinate with her limbs. She tried jumping up and down so as to duplicate her effective strategy from last round, but could not get the right frequency to make the ground tremble to any significant degree. Blitz smirked derisively at her, then leapt forward, baring her fangs which were crackling with electrical energy. She sunk them into Artemis' shell, making her a lot worse for the wear.

Artemis' mind, slow and disjunct as it was, could not process her next commands and its conditions fast enough. Panicking, she picked the first command she could remember and tried to execute it. But though her mind was willing, her body flatly refused to create the seismic waves needed for the attack, instead, being locked in paralysis, floundering wildly but to no purpose.

Blitz, unable to contain her laughter and happiness at her trainer's ingenuity and Artemis' incapacitation, went ahead and, using this energy, launched a physical attack at her foe. It landed and made Artemis go up into the air. Artemis, still panicking at the four conditions, thought that the best course of action would be to take advantage of this assistance and time her landing on the ground. Finally, after two failures, she struck. The ground reverberated, and Blitz was felled, suffering another host of injuries before the referee called an end to the round. As if on cue, the arena shook, and the trees came down. The very ground itself sank, and some of the arena filled with water. Artemis looked significantly more at home, while Blitz didn't really mind the change, ready as ever for the next round.

Round 2 end!

Damage and Energy Calculations

Action 1
Thunder Wave: 3% energy
Attempt at Earthquake: 8% energy

Action 2
Thunder Fang: 13% damage, 3% energy
Attempt at Earthquake: 8% energy

Action 3
Return: 6% damage, 5% energy
Earthquake: 15% damage, 8% energy

Pokémon

DarkAura (O)
Active
Tirtouga
Artemis
Health:75%
Energy:55%
Condition: Special Attack -1, Severely Paralyzed (25%)
Paralyzed~Paralyzed~Earthquake

Phantom (O)
Active
Manectric
Blitz
Health:65%
Energy:76%
Thunder Wave~Thunder Fang~Return

Notes:
  • No critical hits
  • Arena was Forest this round; will be Trench next round
  • Artemis was paralyzed the first two actions.
  • As a result of this, I gave Return a power of 90.
  • Because Artemis was given 4 conditional statements for her last two actions, they were randomized.

Arena Notes:
  • Trench. There are stable islands on which Blitz and the trainers are standing. Artemis is in a deep pool of water, around 70 cm deep. The rest of the arena is shallow water, varying in depth from zero to a meter.

Next round:
  1. Phantom commands
  2. DarkAura commands
  3. I ref

Last edited:
He's in the water... Let's use your speed here....

Water conducts electricity, and that turtle is right where we want it.

Use Thunder at the water near them, try to get a boost from the water around it. That should hurt. And that little earthquake idea shouldn't work while they're in the water, so keep shooting thunder at them while they're in there, using your clones to the best of your ability.

If they leave the water at any time I want you to use protect.

Thunder/Protect~Thunder/Protect~Thunder/Protect

Anyone up for turtle soup?

Here's the deal: DarkAura hasn't logged on since her post in the Absence Sheet and I'd feel really bad if I were to prematurely disqualify DarkAura because she just moved or something. So, unless Negrek says otherwise, I'd like to wait for another week, then tentatively close the battle, at which time you may claim your prizes, use your battle slot, etc. If DarkAura comes on anytime within a year from her post in the Absence sheet, we can finish the battle. Sound alright?

Back
Top Bottom