• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Darksong's Pixel Things

Darksong

Back in action!
I'm working on spriting again and I might need a bit of help.

October 4th:
I believe I am getting quite good at spriting. Now, requests are open as long as useful criticism is given along with it.
There are exceptions, though:

I'm doing requests but I'd like some constructive criticism in return. Unless everyone's already said what I could fix or there's just nothing wrong with the [sprites] that you can see, in which case, constructive criticism isn't needed.

(July 26th:)
Today, which was when I started spriting, I've only made four, but it felt like more O.O

One thing you should know is that I love doing Pokemon using moves. Here are the five that I created:

Venomoth--SleepPowder.png

A Venomoth using Sleep Powder...

Dragonair--IronTail.png

A Dragonair using Iron Tail...

Ampharos--PowerGem.png

An Ampharos using Power Gem...

eruptingCamerupt.png

...And a Camerupt using Eruption.

I also made an animated Umbreon using Dark Pulse.
frame1-2-3-4-59465373402-iaza.gif

I have one sprite that isn't a Pokemon using a move, and that's a Ledian/Scizor splice.

ScizorLedian.png

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Re: Working on spriting again

The Dark Pulse looks great!

But I think you should make the the Power Gem stand out a bit more, because I didn't really see it at first.
Also, the Iron Tail is a bit plain. I mean, it's just Dragonair's tail recoloured metallic.

Other than that, the sprites are great. :)

Hm... thanks. The Power Gem and Iron Tail I was making because I thought they would be interesting, but it turned out I didn't know how at all. ^^' thanks.

And I also made an Espeon spliced with male Nidoran.

EspeonMNidoran.png

EDIT: Also, more moves. Yanma with Supersonic and Dunsparce with Dig.

Yanma--Supersonic.png
Dunsparce--Dig.png

Last edited:

They look nice! How about a Charizard using Fire Blast and a Lucario using aura sphere? I bet they'll look nice.

Sorry, but if you want to request sprites from me, you'll have to do it here. Thanks for reminding me of the Lucario--AuraSphere though; I started one ages ago and never finished it. I'll post it here later, but if you want the Charizard--FireBlast, request it in the thread to which I linked.

However, I did finish the Lucario--AuraSphere that I started on Sept. 4th last year:

Safira.png

And a Linoone, using Surf:

Linoone--Surf.png

Last edited:

Due to my vacation I haven't been spriting much, but I did do this:

SnubbullDP.png

Anything to fix? It won second place in a contest compared to my sister's Marowak revamp, and I wanted to see if there was anything I missed.

Well, kinda bump, I guess. Just two little splices. The first is good, I think, the second... it's hard to splice Umbreon with Ninjask.

LuxrayUmbreon.png

One thing about the second, though....

NinjaskUmbreon.png

You really don't want to know the story behind this.
of course, that only tempts you to ask

EDIT: And a recolored Meganium, for really no reason at all...

PinkishMeganium.png

Last edited:

that link is broken

I must have deleted the request shop because no one was requesting. But you can request here if you give useful tips on my sprites.

That being said:

My Other Art Thread said:
I'm doing requests but I'd like some constructive criticism in return. Unless everyone's already said what I could fix or there's just nothing wrong with the drawing that you can see, in which case, constructive criticism isn't needed.

And to make this post have more use and stuff to crit:

ParasectFRLG.png

Back
Top Bottom