• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Dazel vs MrKyurem

Totodile

up to no good
Pronoun
she
Format: Switch.
Style: 3v3 singles
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned/Restricted Moves: Direct healing, one-hit-knock-outs
Arena Description: Gateway Galaxy
The battle takes place in the Gateway Galaxy, as it appears in Super Mario Galaxy. Gravity's hold is significantly less powerful, though attacks that make use of the ground will briefly intensify gravity for the sake of the battle. Battlers can traverse freely between any of the three planets:
  • the starting planet (featuring several large boulders, a patch of flowers that pokémon under a foot tall can hide in, thus raising their evasion by one stage, and bunnies that take an action to catch but restore the trainer's choice of either health or energy by 2%)
  • the black hole planet (upon which moves that that cause recoil to the user or knockback to the foe will toss the respective pokémon into the black hole, dealing 7% dark-type damage (ref's discretion here; recoil doesn't necessarily mean damage recoil))
  • or the metal planet (featuring a tall spire that, if hit with an electric- or fire-type move, will paralyse any pokémon standing on the planet's surface within that moment).
Additional Rules:
None!
[size=+2]Dazel vs MrKyurem[/size]

Dazel's active squad

amaura Boris the male Amaura <Snow Warning>
slowpoke Mercuria the female Slowpoke <Own Tempo> @ King's Rock
deino Hair the female Deino <Hustle> @ Lucky Egg
pumpkaboo-small Twilight Princess the female Pumpkaboo (Small Size) <Frisk>
fletchling Wright the male Fletchling <Big Pecks> @ Flying Gem
mantyke Kite the male Mantyke <Swift Swim> @ Electirizer
shinx Thundercat the male Shinx <Intimidate>

MrKyurem's active squad

shellos-east Sticky Situations the male Shellos (East Sea) <Storm Drain>
cacnea Insert Euphoric Nickname the male Cacnea <Sand Veil>
slugma Salt Burns the male Slugma <Flame Body>
hawlucha El Pollo Ligeramente Pervertid the male Hawlucha <Unburden>
pidove lieutenant lowercase the male Pidove <Super Luck>

Order of business:
- Dazel sends out
- MrKyurem sends out and commands
- Dazel commands

BY THE POWER OF GREYSKULL, I COMMAND THEE, SALT BURNS, TO FIGHT FOR MY SIDE

(I'm assuming switching planets takes up an action, right?

wow it's been a while since I did ASB)

Right, let's start with an Reflect to lower the effectiveness of their physical moves. Then, use Earth Power - but if they try to hide in the flowers (as they're faster), use Flamethrower to try and burn the flowers up instead, and if they try to get to another planet, use Sunny Day. Then, finish off by either using Earth Power if they're still on this starting planet, swapping planets to the black hole planet if they're on the black hole planet, or attempting to hit them with a long-range Infestation if they're on the metal spire planet.

Reflect ~ Earth Power/Flamethrower/Sunny Day ~ Earth Power/Move to black hole planet/Infestation

All right, Thundercat, time for your debut. Start out with a magnet rise to eat up those earth powers. Next, dish out a few thunderbolts. It's not the most effective move, but it'll have to make do.

Magnet rise ~ thunderbolt ~ thunderbolt

Round One

Dazel (Ooo)
shinx
Thundercat (M) Intimidate
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Commands: Magnet Rise ~ Thunderbolt ~ Thunderbolt

MrKyurem (Ooo)
slugma
Salt Burns (M) Flame Body
Energy: 100%
Commands: Reflect ~ Earth Power/Flamethrower/Sunny Day ~ Earth Power/Move to black hole planet/Infestation

Far, far in the vast reaches of space, a simple galaxy hangs lazily among the stars. Though the planets are currently devoid of Italian plumbers, the peace is not to last, as a pair of twin screams echo across the emptiness. Suddenly, two frazzled trainers land in an awkward heap on the starting planet, having been slingshotted by some strange star technologies. A rabbit hops over, sniffing curiously, but its little nose gets swatted as one of the trainers haphazardly flails an arm out to gain their balance. Startled, the rabbit sprints to safety behind a boulder, and it peeks from behind to watch as the two get to their feet and spend a moment taking in this strange place. The ref soon arrives in similar fashion, grumbling as she shakes off her disorientation, and before long she invites them to select their first Pokemon.

On Dazel’s side, a fuzzy lion cub strikes a pose, baring his fangs in a preparatory grin. On MrKyurem’s side, a magma slug shrinks back a little at the sight, wondering just how much damage those fangs can do. While Thundercat enjoys the wary looks, he soon decides to get the ball rolling by separating himself from his weakness. Spreading out the toes on his paws, he concentrates on channeling his own magnetic field against that of the planet, and soon — sooner than he expects, even, judging by the look his face — he bobs above the drastic curvature of the planet, relishing in the feeling of weightlessness. Salt Burns, glad that he isn’t getting creamed at the moment, decides to keep things that way: though his psychic powers are limited, he nevertheless gets a golden dome going around him, a dome which, though hardly apt at blocking sights and sounds, sets an odd shimmer in the surrounding air that provides protection against physical assault.

Thundercat shakes his head. Physical assault? Where he’s going, he won’t need physical assault. He leans back, mouth wide open, and an electric charge forms in his mouth, growing to a considerable size, before it sparks, leaps as a mighty bolt, and slams into the Slugma, who winces as the electricity sizzles in his system. Not one to let that fly, Salt Burns rumbles to himself, deep in his diaphragm, and the starting planet, though a strange new place, responds. Beneath Thundercat, the earth shifts and broils, faster and faster, fairly erupting in an earthy onslaught that forms into a large pile before collapsing … and Thundercat looks on, faintly amused and safely out of reach. Salt Burns curses to himself, watching in dismay as the dirt crumbles back onto the ground.

Without much fanfare, Thundercat unleashes another Thunderbolt, meowing proudly when the attack is enough to send Salt Burns skidding across the ground, leaving a burnt skidmark in the earth. Salt Burns returns, oozing in annoyance, to once more call upon the power of the land, but the rumbling earth, as before, fails to so much as lightly dust Thundercat. The Shinx grins, tail twitching, as he watches his foe’s eyes narrow in preparation of his next move.

Dazel (Ooo)
shinx
Thundercat (M) Intimidate / Levitate
Energy: 90%
Actions: Magnet Rise ~ Thunderbolt ~ Thunderbolt

MrKyurem (Ooo)
slugma
Health: 74%
Energy: 87%
Status: ”Oh, it’s on.” Reflect active (2 more actions). Att -1.
Actions: Reflect ~ Earth Power ~ Earth Power

Arena Notes:
- Both Pokemon are on the starting planet.

Calculations:
- Thundercat’s health: 100%
- Thundercat’s energy: 100% - 2% (Magnet Rise) - 4% (Thunderbolt) - 4% (Thunderbolt) = 90%
- Salt Burns’s health: 100% - 11% (Thunderbolt) - 15% (Thunderbolt) = 74%
- Salt Burns’s energy: 100% - 1% (Reflect) - 5% (Earth Power) - 1% (Reflect) - 5% (Earth Power) - 1% (Reflect) = 87%

Other Notes:
- Thundercat outspeeds Salt Burns (45 > 20).
- I'm assuming that switching planets will cost an action.
- Due to the effects of the arena, Magnet Rise cost 1% less energy than it would have otherwise.
- The second Thunderbolt was a critical hit.

Next Round:
- Dazel commands
- MrKyurem commands

Well. Looks like today is the deadline. Whoops.

More thunderbolts, I guess. Doubtless MrKyurem is going to pull some ripsnorting bullshit that'll send us spiralling into defeat, but... well, I've spent a week trying to think of something more clever than this and I've failed. I guess it really is just too risky to try and do anything clever when you attack first.

Beforehand, though, set up some double team clones. Three, to be exact. And if for some reason you can't hit Salt Burns this round (bar substitute), use howl.

Double team ~ thunderbolt / howl ~ thunderbolt / howl

Speaking of deadlines, guess who almost hit theirs.

Right, let's start off with a Infestation, to trap them on this planet, and use it until it hits. Once it hits, travel to the black hole planet, where their thunderbolts can't hit us (i doubt the range of thunderbolt and travel planets), and if you can, use Amnesia. We don't like the damage that Thunderbolt did last round, and Light Screen will likely wear off soon after the effects of Infestation wear off.

Infestation ~ Infestation/Travel to Black Hole Planet ~ Infestation/Travel to Black Hole Planet/Amnesia

Last edited:
Round Two

Dazel (Ooo)
shinx
Energy: 90%
Commands:Double Team (3 clones) ~ Thunderbolt / Howl ~ Thunderbolt / Howl

MrKyurem (Ooo)
slugma
Health: 74%
Energy: 87%
Status: ”Oh, it’s on.” Reflect active (2 more actions). Att -1.
Commands: Infestation ~ Infestation/Travel to Black Hole Planet ~ Infestation/Travel to Black Hole Planet/Amnesia

Confident in his abilities, Thundercat decides to spread the love around. For himself. It’s complicated. He runs in circles on thin air, chasing the star on his tail in a widening arc. When he skids to a stop, four little Shinx flick their ears, ready for whatever Salt Burns might throw at him. For his part, Salt Burns just wants to get in a good hit already. His conscious expands, contacting the hive mind of the mundane insects that have sequestered themselves on this planet. The insects respond, buzzing their wings as they approach in a thin haze, descending upon one of the Shinx … which dissolves into nothingness at the contact. A little confused, the bugs float away, already distracted by whatever else goes on in their lives.

Nodding to himself, Thundercat tips his head back, then launches another crackling Thunderbolt at Salt Burns, almost as if unleashing a gigantic sneeze. The sizzling electricity jolts through Salt Burns’ body, sizzling in the viscous magma and making bits and pieces of it harden here and there. Narrowing his eyes at this unpleasant stiffness, Salt Burns does his best to recall the attention of the little insects. However, the paralysis proves itself too distracting, and the Slugma has to focus on just keeping it together, to the point of barely noticing when his protective shield flickers out.

Thundercat, the second he sets foot on solid ground again, continues his offensive. Another Thunderbolt, growing large enough to rival his earlier attack, strikes Salt Burns with enough force to daze him for a brief moment before he collects himself. That’s enough! Pushing through his severe discomfort, he reaches out to the insects again, and the little creatures skitter up out of the grass a second time, choosing a Shinx at random. Their target mewls in surprise as the other Shinx flicker out, and he can only bat at the vermin scuttling across his fur. Distressed at the creepy-crawlies, he shivers as their legs tickle his skin, and Salt Burns laughs at the lion’s plight, glad for a distraction from his aches.

Dazel (Ooo)
shinx
Health: 98%
Energy: 79%
Status: ”Get it off get it off get it off!” Trapped in an Infestation (4 more actions).
Actions: Double Team ~ Thunderbolt ~ Thunderbolt

MrKyurem (Ooo)
slugma
Health: 48%
Energy: 84%
Status: ”He’s covered in bugs! Wonderful!” Paralyzed (severe). Att -1.
Actions: Infestation ~ paralyzed ~ Infestation

Arena Notes:
- Both Pokemon are on the starting planet.

Calculations:
- Thundercat’s health: 100% - 2% (Infestation) = 98%
- Thundercat’s energy: 90% - 3% (Double Team) - 4% (Thunderbolt) - 4% (Thunderbolt) = 79%
- Salt Burns’s health: 74% - 11% (Thunderbolt) - 15% (Thunderbolt) = 48%
- Salt Burns’s energy: 87% - 1% (Infestation) - 1% (Reflect) - 1% (Reflect) - 1% (Infestation) = 83%

Other Notes:
- Thundercat outspeeds Salt Burns (45 > 5).
- I’m thinking that since the planets aren’t too far from each other, special attacks will be able to be launched from one planet to another if the attacking Pokemon so chooses. However, this will come at a penalty of such attacks having 0.8x power at 0.8x accuracy.
- Thundercat’s Double Team made 3 clones.
- The first Thunderbolt paralyzed Salt Burns.
- The second Thunderbolt was a critical hit. Holy crap.
- The second Infestation hit the real Thundercat.

Next Round:
- MrKyurem commands
- Dazel commands

So, uh, RNGesus, any chance of salvation soon? I still love you, I promise :c

Uhh, let's see. Not a lot I can do here. Let's face it, you're gonna die. Get a Smokescreen in as soon as you can, then, after that, switch to the Black Hole Planet, and keep trying until it works. If you somehow haven't been stuck in paralysis, use Light Screen.

Smokescreen ~ Switch to Black Hole Planet/Smokescreen ~ Light Screen/Switch to Black Hole Planet/Smokescreen

Bugs. Disgusting. Dazel does not approve. Let's see if we can't get in a good last thunderbolt before Salt Burns deports, hm? We can manage to take a single smokescreen, I suppose, since we have the ungodly power of PERFECT ACCURACY on our side. Next, let Salt Burns chug along to the next planet, and hit 'em with a shockwave. And then, uh, do that again, I guess. I'm assuming that since shockwave has perfect accuracy, it isn't affected by the different planet clause or smokescreen's accuracy drop?

Thunderbolt ~ shockwave x2

Round Three

Dazel (Ooo)
shinx
Health: 98%
Energy: 79%
Status: ”Get it off get it off get it off!” Trapped in an Infestation (4 more actions).
Commands: Thunderbolt ~ Shock Wave x2

MrKyurem (Ooo)
slugma
Health: 48%
Energy: 84%
Status: ”He’s covered in bugs! Wonderful!” Paralyzed (severe). Att -1.
Commands: Smokescreen ~ Switch to Black Hole Planet/Smokescreen ~ Light Screen/Switch to Black Hole Planet/Smokescreen

Shivering, Thundercat does his best to concentrate. Focusing despite the little bugs crawling in his skin, skittering through his fur, nibbling gently with horrible mandibles … focusing, he launches another crackling Thunderbolt at Salt Burns, who shrinks from the force of the blow. The Slugma coughs, starting to really feel the aches and pains of the battle; his coughing gets worse and worse, and Thundercat starts to feel the barest of concerns (mostly for himself, fearing a plague), until Salt Burns almost belches a massive cloud of smoke that descends on the little Shinx, making him cough a little in turn. Nodding to himself, Salt Burns looks on his work with satisfaction, thinking that if they can’t see each other, everything should be easier from here on out.

That is, until a pulse of electricity explodes gently out from within the Smokescreen, homing in on Salt Burns’s considerable heat signature. Salt Burns growls to himself, feeling sick and tired of all this electricity already. Considering his next move, he looks around, and his eyes come to rest on the Black Hole Planet above. An idea comes to mind. I must go, he thinks. My planet needs me! He prepares himself as best as his paralysis will allow him, and, as if reading his thoughts, a star appears around him, turning in a lazy circle. Salt Burns spins, and the star activates, sending him careening happily toward the Black Hole Planet. The gravity feels a little off here, but it shouldn’t make a difference as long as he keeps away from the black hole. He looks up at the Starting Planet, just in time to see the helpful star vanish into thin air.

Thundercat strains to listen over the chittering of bugs. He’d heard a whooshing sound, and now Salt Burns was being oddly quiet. Well, he won’t be quiet for long. He lets loose another Shock Wave, which automatically alters its course for the Black Hole Planet, traversing the space in a blink and slamming into Salt Burns again. The distance has weakened the hit, but Salt Burns, not liking the possibility of a lucky hit sending him to his doom, decides to call upon his psychic powers once more. This time, the wall of energy that comes up around him is brighter, flickering with thinner but no less potent protective power. He nods to himself for a job well done, ignoring his increasing shortness of breath.

Dazel (Ooo)
shinx
Health: 95%
Energy: 71%
Status: Squinting, trying to see. Trapped in an Infestation (1 more action).
Actions: Thunderbolt ~ Shock Wave ~ Shock Wave

MrKyurem (Ooo)
slugma
Health: 24%
Energy: 81%
Status: Feeling a little secure. Light Screen active (5 more actions). Paralyzed (moderate). Att -1.
Actions: Smokescreen ~ Switch to Black Hole Planet ~ Light Screen

Arena Notes:
- Thundercat is on the starting planet.
- Salt Burns is on the black hole planet.

Calculations:
- Thundercat’s health: 98% - 1% (Infestation) - 1% (Infestation) - 1% (Infestation) = 95%
- Thundercat’s energy: 79% - 4% (Thunderbolt) - 2% (Shock Wave) - 2% (Shock Wave) = 71%
- Salt Burns’s health: 48% - 11% (Thunderbolt) - 7% (Shock Wave) - 6% (Shock Wave) = 24%
- Salt Burns’s energy: 83% - 1% (Smokescreen) - 1% (Light Screen) = 81%

Other Notes:
- Thundercat outspeeds Salt Burns (45 > 5).
- The second Shock Wave’s power was slightly reduced by the distance, though its accuracy was not.

Next Round:
- Dazel commands
- MrKyurem commands

Fuck, sorry. I keep mentally checking off battles in my mind like I've already responded to them, when I haven't.

Right, so. More shockwaves, I suppose. I'm not sure what he's planning on doing from over there, but if he tries to lower your accuracy again, protect against it the first time. I don't know what he's planning, so it's difficult for me to roll out commands that don't suck. 8|

Shockwave / protect x3

If you want to hurt me, get over here. Use Amnesia every turn, unless you're somehow under 7% HP, in which case, use Endure. There's really not much more description I can give.

Amnesia/Endure ~ Amnesia/Endure ~ Amnesia/Endure.

I forgot last time to take Smokescreen into account >>; It didn’t affect the actual reffing at all, but still.

Round Four

Dazel (Ooo)
shinx
Health: 95%
Energy: 71%
Status: Squinting, trying to see. Trapped in an Infestation (1 more action). Caught up in a Smokescreen (3 more actions). Acc -1.
Commands: Shock Wave/Protect x3

MrKyurem (Ooo)
slugma
Health: 24%
Energy: 81%
Status: Feeling a little secure. Light Screen active (5 more actions). Paralyzed (moderate). Att -1.
Commands: Amnesia/Endure ~ Amnesia/Endure ~ Amnesia/Endure

Peering through the haze, Thundercat dimly makes out the shape of the magma-y Slugma. Though it’s hard to see him, he watches carefully, waiting for his next move. As far as he can tell, Salt Burns isn’t doing much of anything … the truth, though, is that Salt Burns is very carefully blocking out his concerns, buffering his mental capacity to withstand trauma. He sorts away his knowledge of calling upon nature itself, preferring the room it leaves behind. None of this shows up physically, and Thundercat, eventually getting tired of waiting, launches a familiar pulse of electricity towards his foe. The electricity, upon making contact with the Light Screen, is filtered considerably, and when the remainder finally reaches its target, Salt Burns’s mental fortitude is enough to reduce the force of the blow to a light slap. He smiles to himself, glad to be improving his standing in any way he can. Thundercat is also happy, though this is because the bugs have finally gotten bored, crawling back into the grass to follow their own agenda.

Encouraged by his defensive boost, Salt Burns starts to concentrate again … and he suddenly becomes intensely aware of the rock-hard sections of his magma body, to the point that focus becomes impossible. It’s all he can do to keep from crying out. Thundercat, who spends a few moments waiting for any sign of attack, launches another Shock Wave, and just like the first one, it doesn’t particularly bother the Slugma. Telling himself to pull through, Salt Burns slips into concentration for a second time, this time clearing out the knowledge of how to tap into the lava itself. It’ll be worth it, he tells himself, and nods happily when Thundercat’s next Shock Wave hardly bothers him at all. Thundercat, for his part, rubs his eye as the smoke finally clears away, giving him a much better view of his opponent.

Dazel (Ooo)
shinx
Health: 94%
Energy: 65%
Actions: Shock Wave ~ Shock Wave ~ Shock Wave

MrKyurem (Ooo)
slugma
Health: 19%
Energy: 74%
Status: A little spacey. Light Screen active (2 more actions). Paralyzed (mild). Nature Power and Lava Plume forgotten. Att -1, SpD +4.
Actions: Amnesia ~ paralyzed ~ Amnesia

Arena Notes:
- Thundercat is on the starting planet.
- Salt Burns is on the black hole planet.

Calculations:
- Thundercat’s health: 95% - 1% (Infestation) = 94%
- Thundercat’s energy: 71% - 2% (Shock Wave) - 2% (Shock Wave) - 2% (Shock Wave) = 65%
- Salt Burns’s health: 24% - 2% (Shock Wave) - 2% (Shock Wave) - 1% (Shock Wave) = 19%
- Salt Burns’s energy: 81% - 2% (Amnesia) - 1% (Light Screen) - 1% (Light Screen) - 2% (Amnesia) - 1% (Light Screen) = 74%

Other Notes:
- Thundercat outspeeds Salt Burns (45 > 10).
- Since Thundercat was told to wait to see what Salt Burns did, all of his Shock Waves were affected by Salt Burns’s Special Defense boosts.
- The first Amnesia made Salt Burns forget Nature Power.
- Salt Burns was fully paralyzed on the second action, to the point that he wasn’t even able to use a move only requiring mental action.
- The second Amnesia made Salt Burns forget Lava Plume.

Next Round:
- MrKyurem commands
- Dazel commands

I think you can see where I'm going with this. Wait for Thundercat to make their move each turn, you have more patience than them. If they move to or are on the same planet as you, use either Earth Power (if they're on the ground) or Fire Blast (if they've used Magnet Rise/are somehow flying) against Thundercat. Otherwise, just use Acid Armour. We need to turn this into our theme song.

Acid Armour/Earth Power/Fire Blast ~ Acid Armour/Earth Power/Fire Blast ~ Acid Armour/Earth Power/Fire Blast

All right. I see how it's gotta be.

Start off with a magnet rise. Fly to the black hole planet on your next action, and try to get there before Salt Burns can use acid armour. On your final action, use crunch, I guess. Here's hoping it'll hit.

Magnet rise / black hole planet / crunch

Round Five

Dazel (Ooo)
shinx
Health: 94%
Energy: 65%
Commands: Magnet Rise ~ Move to Black Hole Planet ~ Crunch

MrKyurem (Ooo)
slugma
Health: 19%
Energy: 74%
Status: A little spacey. Light Screen active (2 more actions). Paralyzed (mild, 11% chance of full paralysis). Nature Power and Lava Plume forgotten. Att -1, SpD +4.
Commands: Acid Armour/Earth Power/Fire Blast ~ Acid Armour/Earth Power/Fire Blast ~ Acid Armour/Earth Power/Fire Blast

Now that he isn’t overwhelmed by bugs or smoke, Thundercat can better focus on defending himself from any other sneaky tricks. Remembering his earlier levitation, he once again makes war with the electromagnetic field of the starting planet, and soon he floats contentedly in the air once more. Salt Burns eyes him as he does this, a little irritated at his refusal to stay grounded. While the Shinx isn’t doing anything, though, the Slugma is free to make his own preparations. From beneath his skin he secretes a thick mucus that hardens as it coats his body, though, unlike the stiffness of paralysis, this hardness is flexible and therefore much more comfortable. He feels very proud of being a slug in this moment.

Thundercat coughs, wondering how to get up to the black hole planet. Does he just wish upon a star, or what? What did Salt Burns do? As he considers this, a hollow star poofs into existence around him, spinning lazily. Thundercat jumps, spinning around and trying to get a good look at this sudden yellow thing, and an instant later he’s flying through the air, meowing indignantly as he arcs through space before coming to a stop a meter off the ground. He casts a nervous look at the gaping black holes beneath this planet’s surface, hoping he can avoid them.

Salt Burns, who’s been on this planet for a while, isn’t so bothered by the prospect; indeed, all of his focus is now on hitting his foe while he’s finally in reach again. His body glows bright red, and the air in front of him ripples with heat as he pours more and more power into an evocative symbol. When the flaming kanji can no longer hold any more power, he pushes it forward as hard as he can, sending it roaring down on Thundercat, who can only meep as the attack rushes over him. The fire scorches his skin, making him mewl in pain for the first time this match. Salt Burns gurgles happily at his discomfort, not even minding as his Light Screen flickers and dies around him.

When the flames die down, Thundercat trembles with rage. How dare this guy barf symbols at him! He snarls, and his teeth seem to elongate as he darts forward. Salt Burns’s wary expression dissolves into pain as Thundercat’s teeth chomp down onto his body, hard enough to fracture the topmost layer of his acidic armor. Thundercat, however, immediately regrets this decision, and he leaps away, yowling, with his mouth on fire. He rolls around on the ground for a moment, much to Salt Burns’s pleasure; even when he manages to get up again, his entire face is covered in ugly burns. For his part, Salt Burns likes this. Another vast Fire Blast roars to life before him, and he almost casually propels it at Thundercat, who is looking decidedly less confident at this point. Salt Burns chortles to himself, not even caring that his body is slowly winding down.

Dazel (Ooo)
shinx
Health: 67%
Energy: 58%
Status: Batting his face gingerly. Burned (moderate, 1%/action).
Actions: Magnet Rise ~ Move to Black Hole Planet ~ Crunch

MrKyurem (Ooo)
slugma
Health: 13%
Energy: 60%
Status: Bobbing around in a weird dance. Paralyzed (light). Nature Power and Lava Plume forgotten. Def +1, SpD +4.
Actions: Acid Armor ~ Fire Blast ~ Fire Blast

Arena Notes:
- Both Pokemon are on the black hole planet.

Calculations:
- Thundercat’s health: 94% - 13% (Fire Blast) - 13% (Fire Blast) - 1% (burn) = 67%
- Thundercat’s energy: 65% - 3% (Magnet Rise) - 4% (Crunch) = 58%
- Salt Burns’s health: 19% - 6% (Crunch) = 13%
- Salt Burns’s energy: 74% - 2% (Acid Armor) - 6% (Fire Blast) - 6% (Fire Blast) = 60%

Other Notes:
- Thundercat outspeeds Salt Burns (45 > 15).
- Crunch lowered Salt Burns’s Defense.
- On the third action, Salt Burns’s Flame Body burned Thundercat.
- By the third action, Salt Burns was no longer afraid of Thundercat’s ferociousness, and so his Attack drop was removed.

Next Round:
- Dazel commands
- MrKyurem commands

Goddamn it, you fucking slug and your acidic armour and fiery blasts. I came to your town, and now you're inevitably going to push me into a black hole. What a hospitable thing, you are.

Let's start off with a charge, then follow up with a thunder fang, then finish off with a roar, to knock Salt Burns into the black hole if at all possible. If Salt Burns protects on the second action, just go ahead and use... howl, I guess?

Charge ~ thunder fang / howl ~ roar

Right, here's a silly idea I had. Use Swagger first, to muck up their Thunder Fang, and hope RNGesus is forgiving. Next, use Iron Defence. This sounds pointless, as they're not using any more physical attacks - but Iron Defence turns to steel upon being hit by certain moves. Roar has lower priority, so if you need to, take the next action to turn this into steel and protect against the Roar - otherwise, use Iron Defence if you haven't already, or Flame Charge with added knockback in exchange for energy if you don't need an action to turn to steel and have already used Iron Defence.

Swagger ~ Iron Defence ~ Prepare for impact/Iron Defence/Flame Charge (+knockback +energy cost)

Back
Top Bottom