• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Fanfic recommendations?

DrClef

Throw D-Class at it until it stops!
Pronoun
he
I understand you guys aren't google, but seeing as I've found the Pokemon anime rather lacking these days can anyone suggest some fanfics for me to read? Thank you.

What kind of thing are you looking for? Anime-based or OC? Preferred genres? There's a lot of stuff out there.

What kind of thing are you looking for? Anime-based or OC? Preferred genres? There's a lot of stuff out there.

I'm usually interested in Tragedy and Sci-Fi. I'm okay with both Anime and OC, as long as it's good.

Well, since you like the SCP Foundation, why not try The Leaf Green Incident? It was inspired by SCP and is nice and dark, and just well-written in general. It's a one-shot, so it shouldn't take long to get through, either.

I'm much more familiar with OC stuff, so that's what I have recs for, generally. Anyway, if you're looking for tragedy, two of my favorite short stories in that genre are "Almost Like Flying" ("A scyther is captured, and she hates it - right up until she doesn't.") and "The Ties that Bind" (the story of a horrible accident in a championship match).

The pokemon fandom doesn't have a ton of space opera kind of sci-fi (spaceships, alien races, so on), but Butterfree's Morphic is about pokemon/hubid hybrids created by genetic manipulation, so perhaps it qualifies? It's fairly short, complete, and also a tragedy.

There aren't a ton of places to get fanfic recs in this fandom, unfortunately, but you can also take a look at the TVTropes recs page and see if there's anything that appeals. Kratos Aurion also maintains her own rec page.

Back
Top Bottom