• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Favorite video game songs

Belmont

will be away August 8 - August 23
Simple, post your top 5 (or fewer) favorite video game songs, a link if possible and what game they are from.

Here's mine:

1. Vampire Killer - Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles

2. Divine Bloodlines - Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles

3. Battle for Who's sake? - Fire Emblem 6: The Sealed Sword

4. Simons Theme - Castlevania 4

5. Heart of Fire - Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow

(I liek Castlevania music)

Wasn't sure whether to post this here or in misc. Discussion. Hope this is ok. Feel free to move if not.

The only links I could find for the Castlevania songs were for Youtube AMV's for them.

EDIT: Changed it to top 5. Way too many good songs out there.

Last edited:
1) Zelda main theme/overworld
2) Phantom Ganon battle in wind waker
3) more Zelda

after all Zelda music

unknown number) Portal Still Alive

Take up the Cross from Tales of Phantasia - The PSX remix of the SFC version of Phantasia. They pretty much improved everything in the PSX remake.

Lion - Fate of a Fencer from Tales of Destiny (PS2 Remake) - An excellent remix fitting for an actually playable remake of Destiny. One of the reasons why I came to recognize ToD as one of the main branch games.

Dona Nobis Pacem from Tales of Destiny 2 - Perhaps the greatest battle song ever composed. Very fitting considering that at this point in the game, it's clear that Kyle is willing to even kill God for the sake of humanity.

Inferia Battle from Tales of Eternia - There's something about this theme that makes addicting. Maybe it's suiting of Reid, Farah, Meredy, and Keele's journey through the bottom half of Eternia.

I may post non-Tales music another time.

1. Hell March by Frank Klepacki, from Command & Conquer Red Alert
2. Act On Instinct by Frank Klepacki, from Command & Conquer (Tiberian Dawn)
3. Hell March 2, by Frank Klepacki, from Command & Conquer Red Alert 2
4. One Winged Angel (too lazy to figure out which version I would post, I like all of them), by Nobuo Uematsu, from Final Fantasy VII
5. Still Alive, by GLaDOS, from Portal

My favorite overall soundtracks are Command & Conquer, all of them except Renegade, anything by Blizzard, and Tropico. Yes, I like American game soundtracks way more than Japanese ones.

Anybody here ever play Still Alive in Rock Band?

I don't have Rock Band, but Still Alive being in it is the greatest thing ever. Is it still downloadable, though? (Hm... I wonder if any of my friends have Rock Band...)

Everything from Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles.

It's more than five.

Too bad, I can't pick less than 27. D:

You want me to pick just 5?

Dire Dire Docks is one of the most nostalgic tracks for me since I loved Super Mario 64. Ecruteak City is so beepy and typically Gameboy that I love it. I'm fond of Giygas' Theme, Bein' Friends, and Pollyanna from the EarthBound series. There are lots of scattered tracks from Paper Mario that I adore, and then there are songs which I don't remember. Aaw.

1. Cosmo Canyon & Main Theme - Final Fantasy VII (can't decide)
2. At the Shore of Dreams - Chrono Cross

...the others can be the remainder of the FFVII soundtrack. :D

Finish the Promise [Tales of the Abyss OST] - Motoo Fujiwara
Have You Met Her Thunder (?) [Age of Mythology OST]
AVIATORS ~Rhea-bird~ [Tales of Symphonia OST] - Motoi Sakuraba
Overflowing Emotions, Reunion [Tales of the Abyss OST] - Motoo Fujiwara
A Song by Tear [Tales of the Abyss OST] - Yukana

I dunno who composed Have You Met Her Thunder, or if that's even the correct title for it. P= Given that there's also songs from AoM with the filenames 'eat your potatoes' and 'if you can use a doorknob'...

Fav vid songs? Argh... I can't fit just 5 >.<

In no real order:

Guru guru gravity- Beautiful katamari
Sparkling city of ruin- Legend of mana
Draculas Castle- Castlevania SotN
Starlight Jamboree- Some other katamari game i can't be bothered to check atm
Memory of running- Legend of mana
Abandoned pit- Legend of mana
Earth painting- Legend of mana
The intro song from FFIII (DS.)
Boyfriend a go go- Beautiful Katamari
Katamari Dancing- Beautiful katamari

1. 1000 Words (Orchestra Version)-FFX-2
2. 1000 Words (FFX-2 Mix)-FFX-2
3. Melodies of Life-FFIX
4. Real Emotion (FFX-2 Mix)-FFX-2
5. Midna's Lament-Twilight Princess (and SSBB, actually. :D)

I like Final Fantasy music. :D

Also, 1000 Words is up there twice because it has two versions. :D

In no particular order:

Dialga/Palkia Battle - Diamond/Pearl Versions
Gourmet Race(brawl version) - Kirby Superstar
Menu - Melee(brawl version) - Super Smash Bros. Melee
King Dedede's Theme(Superstar version) - Kirby's Dreamland
Titanosaurus' Theme - Godzilla Unleashed
Mechagodzilla's Theme - Godzilla Unleashed
Marx's Theme - Kirby Superstar
Hall of Fame(fr/lg version) - Pokemon Red/Green
Kanto Gym Battle(stadium 2 version) - Pokemon Gold/Silver (Red/Green technically)
Dungeon Theme - Legend of Zelda
Super Mario World Title - Super Mario World
Special Zone - Super Mario World

Oops...seems I went over the 5 limit. Anyways, if you can't tell, I posted them as they popped up in my head. And to tell the truth, I have many more favorites than this, I just decided to be simple.

I don't have links, but...

1. Turnabout Sisters Theme-Phoenix Wright

2. Sheena's theme- Tales of Symphonia

3. Victory is Near- Fire Emblem, Path of Radiance

4. Route 1- Pokemon Firered/Leafgreen

5. Requiem of Spirit- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Back
Top Bottom