• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

Good morning

I don't mind leaving my vote on Keldeo for now, just out of gut feelings, though I will admit it's more based on me wanting them to be scum than an actual read

Gonna call Seshas town and request that y'all trust me

because meta:tm:

I have some spoopy info that suggests that Mafia have a say in the death flavor
would be more precise but idk if that's legal

Hi, guys. First time player here.

Obviously Eifie is acting incredibly suspicious, and this isn't her first rodeo. Hypotheses (in order of how likely I think they are):
  1. She's an alien, or some other role that benefits by being lynched
  2. She's just acting in character for a trope, or this is just her regular sense of humor
  3. She's wants us to think she is so obviously an alien or some other role that benefits from being lynched, so that we don't lynch her
  4. Something I'm missing or misunderstanding about the game
If she's not distributing powers completely randomly, I think we should also consider that Butterfree might give the most powerful/important/interesting roles to experienced players or people she trusts, so as to keep the game interesting. This casts a little more doubt on Eifie and the likes of Negrek, mewtini, and other long-time forum go-ers. It's likely that one of them is the boss of the mafia.

I really have no idea about the death or the circumstances of the death, those are just my thoughts so far. I agree that based on the flavour text, JackPK doesn't seem like Mafia.

Also, I didn't count on how it would genuinely make a part of me feel gross to vote on people to kill! :ROFLMAO: I'll abstain based on no good grounds to suspect anyone, unless someone explains to me why that's a bad idea.

I agree! I am incredibly suspicious!

Also the lost mafia thing was my idea, not Keldeo's, thank you very much 😤

Also, yeah, there's no point in leaving cop cover because we don't have role flips. Unless you want to rely on Negrek telling us dead people's tropes.

I guess it can work as long as Negrek lives, assuming they're telling the truth.

I have an n0 green on Mist1422.

If she's not distributing powers completely randomly, I think we should also consider that Butterfree might give the most powerful/important/interesting roles to experienced players or people she trusts, so as to keep the game interesting. This casts a little more doubt on Eifie and the likes of Negrek, mewtini, and other long-time forum go-ers. It's likely that one of them is the boss of the mafia.
even if it were the case that roles weren't being distributed fully at random, I would, for future reference at least, argue that GMs who do make deliberate role assignments still probably aren't rooting it on some arbitrary sense of important roles for important people.

also, Eifie was claiming she wouldn't take this game seriously well before roles were assigned; her making good on that is... well, I'm not going to call it town play, but it isn't alignment-indicative. she's been pretty helpful despite herself for what it's worth

anyways, I figure this might help us stay on track wrt our speculations on Jack's role:
A Deadly Doctor, simply put, is someone who fights or kills with a medical motif. He uses his medical knowledge to injure, torture or kill, and uses syringes, pills or surgical instruments or medical techniques to achieve his goals. He may wear his labcoat into battle as a Badass Longcoat.
notably, this is distinguished from a Combat Medic (ie, a character who is a doctor and also kicks ass, but doesn't necessarily use medical gear in the act of kicking ass) and from a Martial Medic who converts their experience in asskicking into a healing prowess. yeah, tropers are real nerdy like that.

this is why I'm most inclined to assume Jack's role was scum, with either a doctored death reveal or, as has been pointed out now and is likelier, a type of scum role that still flips innocent; doctors are what they are in mafia, but the trope-in-question is specifically more about the murder than the... unmurder. although, a terrorist-esque role with a healing power strikes me as phenomenally useless to the point of negative utility, unless they know who the mob are but not the other way around (or if they know each other and just can't communicate).

anyways, who wants to explain the hypo thing?

Mafia Killed Jack and doctored the flavor => Keldeo probably not Mafia?
also => Negrek more likely Mafia for his entrance

Oh, and if you're referring to the "Ransacking his house, the townspeople find no weapons, no obvious signs of shady activity" line, I think that might just be a reference to Jack not being mafia?
Assuming mafia screwed with the flavor intentionally, it doesn't really make sense to shut down flavor spec in the opening of the game

I see! I don't really have thoughts on whether mafia messed with the flavour but I like that you had that thought.

Back
Top Bottom