• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

MF, do you have any specific thoughts on the people who were speculating?
that there is a good question; I suppose I could do with some light rereading, at least to set expectations on how a forthcoming reveal will affect my view of the people who were speculating

one little thing that sticks out is that, if VM does successfully inherit the role, he can confirm for us whether Negrek was telling the truth about it

fwiw, myself, I still think it's likeliest that Jack had a scum role based on the flavor of the trope; if VM still doesn't have a power tomorrow, I'll be vindicated, but if he does, I'll be humbled, I guess

fwiw, myself, I still think it's likeliest that Jack had a scum role based on the flavor of the trope; if VM still doesn't have a power tomorrow, I'll be vindicated, but if he does, I'll be humbled, I guess

Personally if Jack is the kind of mafia doctor we've been talking about, I think it could go either way wrt VM inheriting his role. "Not mafia" could mean "flips not mafia" or it could mean "not mafia-aligned", so it'd be like, a GM thing. idk if it's the kind of thing we could ask about (I always prefer not asking the GM about stuff to keep the ~intrigue~, but...)

Personally if Jack is the kind of mafia doctor we've been talking about, I think it could go either way wrt VM inheriting his role. "Not mafia" could mean "flips not mafia" or it could mean "not mafia-aligned", so it'd be like, a GM thing. idk if it's the kind of thing we could ask about (I always prefer not asking the GM about stuff to keep the ~intrigue~, but...)
tl;dr I'm clinging to my theory about the look of indignation regardless of what happens, god dammit

Ok I'm all caught up I think! I have a question: what exactly are the Death Doctor's powers? Does it have a one-shot killing power or is it a 50/50 crapshoot of killing or healing?

Ok I'm all caught up I think! I have a question: what exactly are the Death Doctor's powers? Does it have a one-shot killing power or is it a 50/50 crapshoot of killing or healing?
Death Doctor was supposedly the trope the role was based on, so we don't know for certain what the role will be. But I'll wager it involves healing and/or killing.

I also completely forgot to point out, but -- as much as half-truthfulness is a staple of mafia behavior in this board, this is pretty much concluding that Negrek must be lying based on the truthfulness of Negrek's information

like, it's not that I'm entirely taking Negrek's claim at face value, but assuming it's false prompts a whole other branch of speculation
Not really?
I was saying that if we get more evidence that Mafia have control over the death flavors, then I'd suspect Negrek purely because of his entrance post

Not really?
I was saying that if we get more evidence that Mafia have control over the death flavors, then I'd suspect Negrek purely because of his entrance post
this doesn’t make sense to me and neither does your assumption that the mafia affected the flavor text based on info that “they are pulling the strings behind the scenes” unless you were withholding all of the information that makes that conclusion make any sense

Seshas, if the mafia controlled the flavor somehow, what did you think mafia Negrek’s agenda would be in suggesting that Jack’s kill might not have been carried out by the mafia? I thought she was mainly advocating for a “wait and compare” approach to the flavor.

Not really?
okay yeah, that actually makes a lot of sense

I also thought I remembered something similar out of her in a past game but my memory may just be playing tricks on me

this doesn’t make sense to me and neither does your assumption that the mafia affected the flavor text based on info that “they are pulling the strings behind the scenes” unless you were withholding all of the information that makes that conclusion make any sense
2)
Not really?
1) It's mostly that Negrek just popped in and started talking immediately about the flavor
I should probably stop getting hung up on this and start scumhunting not conditional on a tinfoil

Oh, hmm, okay. I think it’s pretty typical for folks to talk about flavor very early on in games where it might possibly mean something, since there’s nothing else to go on.

I’m gonna...
unvote Mr. Ultracool, vote Boquise, hi tbh

Oh, hmm, okay. I think it’s pretty typical for folks to talk about flavor very early on in games where it might possibly mean something, since there’s nothing else to go on.

I’m gonna...
unvote Mr. Ultracool, vote Boquise, hi tbh

I keep meaning to ping @Boquise smh

I thought you said it was nice to be in a role and flavour-heavy game again, so come talk to me!

hey @Keldeo I'm too lazy to open mason chat so wanna refresh me on what your thoughts on people are

mine are basically like...

outside of mech confirms Seshas is my most confident town because reasons, Herbe/kyeugh/mewt gave me a good impression just based on tone (lol tonereads in tcodf games), and I have an extremely bad townlean on serimachi for that post about me lol. I wanna let Mr. Ultracool stick around and have fun posting tropes. Negrek and VM are Town For Now, Think Later. everyone else is in an amorphous pile.

Tell me more about your meta? I'm leaning more toward town for them myself, but I'd like to hear from you.
Seshas is a more mechanical player so I think mechspec is a logical first step in an unfamiliar setting

I would also like to say that there are approximately three people in this game I can claim to be able to read tbh

also on an unrelated note that someone will probably appreciate I am currently listening to the magikarp festival song

I would also like to say that there are approximately three people in this game I can claim to be able to read tbh

also on an unrelated note that someone will probably appreciate I am currently listening to the magikarp festival song

am I one?!

Back
Top Bottom