• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

so if we assume jack isn’t fully dead and will come back to life later, would lynching him in his current ostensibly dead state even... do anything? my instinct is that he is functionally dead until he isn’t

so if we assume jack isn’t fully dead and will come back to life later, would lynching him in his current ostensibly dead state even... do anything? my instinct is that he is functionally dead until he isn’t

I don't know if I expect him to come to life later but I do agree that trying to lynch him seems pointless because he's probably mechanically dead for the moment.

I really am going to sleep now, try not to miss me too much 😄

probably not, but again, marginally more productive than abstaining

at least unless I come across something even more productive to do on this day, naturally

Wow, so reading that previous thread is definitely reinforcing my suspicions over the lack of gore in this day's update post. :P

Whether Jack's going to revive or start doing spooky things from beyond the grave, he did at some point die, since he procced my own ability to learn the tropes of players who die (he was a Deadly Doctor). So I have no idea why someone else's death-triggered power wouldn't have activated last night.

man since my online status is showing you can all see when I swear I'm going to bed and then check the thread a few minutes later

I was just voting him for the meme tbh. i know that voting for jack is probably functionally the same as abstaining

Wow, so reading that previous thread is definitely reinforcing my suspicions over the lack of gore in this day's update post. :P

Whether Jack's going to revive or start doing spooky things from beyond the grave, he did at some point die, since he procced my own ability to learn the tropes of players who die (he was a Deadly Doctor). So I have no idea why someone else's death-triggered power wouldn't have activated last night.
that sure is a claim and a half!

the trope given doesn't sound innocent to me, but it could just as easily be a nurse or other healing-with-drawback type of role; regardless, though, those do normally transfer to backup! so yeah, the lack of apparent foul play being indicative of foul play is sounding likelier to me, although it also is just possible that either VM or Negrek are lying to us

and if it came to that, well, Negrek's statement is a good deal more plausible

Huh. If he was a Deadly Doctor, then maybe he was a vigilante with some kind of killing method that results in just dying suddenly(??), and it got used against him somehow?

hmm I actually bothered to read the flavour instead of just skimming and I think the look of indignation on Jack's face is probably important

Deadly Doctor sounds to me the like doctor role that has a 50% chance of being a kill instead of a heal, or the role that only heals the target if they're actually attacked, and otherwise it kills them

also personally I was not expecting much n0. last time with 50 people there was only 1 death and it was only interesting because a mafia died due to bodyguard (and the flavour strongly implied something like this). I wouldn't expect a lot of n0 deaths because dying before the game even starts is pretty shitty

Yeah, depending on how it worked. The way VM described his role, it sounded like it's something that wouldn't count as an action (happens automatically, doesn't target), which I would generally not expect to be roleblockable. But it could go either way.

I think the look of indignation on Jack's face is probably important
yeah i think this was the bit of flavortext we all kind of ignored (in favor of dies wide open). this tracks with the backfire theory, kind of? either malevolently or benevolently

do you think it’s plausible that a janitor might nullify any powers/actions related to their target? aside from the mafia nightkill ofc

i do find it kind of unlikely that a limited-shot janitor would spend a charge n0
If the janitor gets info on the killed person's role (which it would be kind of dumb otherwise), then N0 is the perfect time to kill someone and obscure their claim
it's certainly better than killing someone who already claimed on a previous day

I opened this thread, hit jump to new, started to read, and then next thing I knew I was at the end and 3 minutes had passed. I have retained nothing I have read here tonight. I am going to go on record and agree with whatever the person above me said unless it is controversial in which case I do not. Thank you ladies and gentlemen and good night.

Jack was killed by Mafia => A Mafia-aligned Janitor exists => Negrek is probably Mafia
Negrek is Town => Jack was probably killed by 3p

unvote
I originally voted because I thought kyeugh's tone regarding the flavor discussion was fake, but upon rereading it was probably just confbias

If the kill was obscured in some way, there's a chance that Vipera just can't get abilities from clean-kills

fwiw unvote if you don't know who to vote
abstain if you think it would be beneficial not to lynch anyone today

Back
Top Bottom