• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

FOUR MORE! NOT DEAD. RESERVES FINISH PLOX! Tales of TCoD ROUND 3 [OOC/Signups]

Wargle

Dirty minds think alike~
AT THIS POINT ONLY ACCEPTING A FEW MORE GOOD, AND THE REST OF THE RESERVES FOR WHATEVER FACTION!

Round 1 was awesome, but was too popular. Round 2 was fun, and died of lack of activity. I am remaking round 3 in Jester's honor because he left, and give you this RP.

-------------------------
The year is 2017. All is peaceful in the Cave of Dragonflies.. however, not all is well. There are some out there who desire the end of TCoD. Butterfree seems to have disappeared, and meanwhile they have taken the opportunity to act; by taking control of the mods and other users, and are now hiding in an unknown location in the forums. A group of TCoD members have set out to track them down.. But will they succeed?

Rules-
•No godmoding
•Unless with permission, no side quests
•Rated PG-13. Keep it that way or else.
•Post count limit of 8 posts every days due to the first round dying from being so popular, and last round of dying of no activity.

Form.

Name: (Your username, obviously)
Appearance:
Personality:
Powers: (Please keep it reasonable.)
Pets: (optional, no overpowered)
Relationship: (optional)
Group: good group, or the evil group.

Art section is a giant art museum~
Games section is a carnival~
Debate hall is a courthouse
Laughing/coughing cupboard is changed by the moods of those who enter
Insanity is a labyrinth
General discussion is a city
Pokemon discussion side-forums are that region,
General Pokemon discussion is a Pokemon Center
ASB and Safari Zone destroyed
Mafia is a giant gang hideout
Wifi/Writing/Sprite/website forums were leveled and made a giant crater.

The evil group will be lead by SOPA me, and I need at least 2 maybe more experienced RPers to volunteer to head the good group, I'll send them key plot details and how to start off.

---------------------------------------------------

Ok, reading back over some of the forms (Wargle why didn't you do that before! You're supposed to read forms before accepting them!) I noticed a few powers were a bit much.

I grouped a few powers together so find what group fits you.

Trainers can own a maximum of six Pokémon, but only carry two for the uses of battle. The rest must be left behind in a safe location (Mai's dumpster for Good, the fortress for Evil, wherever Zora picks for Team Zora). These Pokémon can be stolen, but not used.

Weapons Users (blades, guns, arrow, whatever) have a similar restriction to Trainers, but different. They are allowed six weapons, but can only carry a Primary, a Secondary, and a Melee. Handguns, weaker caliber/gauge rifles/shotguns are secondaries, while snipers, bigger caliber/gauge rifles/shotguns are Primaries. They are stored in the same place as Trainers store Pokémon. See the end of the next section for damage limits.

Supernatural Powers like aura, elemental control, and such are harder to limit. I was at first lost when thinking of how to work with these. Round 2 had several overzealous powers, and I was guilty too. I finally decided to limit them to nothing that could instantly cripple a living being, but merely cause damage. This mean no using powers to vaporize the other teams, or using undead to create an apocalypse.

This may not seem fair, as Pokémon or guns could surely cripple someone, if not kill. I am limiting them as well, to the damage caused by attacks in the anime, or merely non-lethal shots for guns. No aiming for the head for a 12x Bi-pod noscope headshot every time, as it won't work. I was tempted to outright ban guns totally because of the problems they would cause, but I felt like I didn't need to baby anyone here. Let's be a good, mature, RPing audience here, and not try to instakill everything.

---------------------------------------------------

UNDECIDED(Reserves)

Nightmane
LS99
Windyragon

Third Party:

Mai

Team Zora:
Zora
Flareth

moderator:
Viki

Good:

Dark Aura
Dar
luxcario
Richie
ILS
Mad MOAI
Lirris

--Reserves--

Scootaloo

Evil:

Coloursfall
HighMoon
Sunflower
Shinyabsol
Phantom
RTB
Thorne
Mawile
Exo-Raikou
Ulqi-chan

--Reserves--

Flora

Last edited:
Re: Tales of TCoD ROUND 3 [OOC/Signups]

Name: DarkAura
Sex: Female
Appearance: Skinny, with light blonde hair. The irises are a normal brown. She is rather short, though not that much.
Personality: Tries her best, but a lot of the times makes some things worse. She is known to be somewhat annoying. Is very persistent.
Powers: Able to levitate in the air, but only by a few feet from the floor.
Pets: Has an Eevee and a Charmander, both of which are one month old.
Group: Good group

Last edited:

Name: Dar
Sex: Male
Appearance: Tall, with reddish-brown hair. He has black glasses, normally wears blue clothing, and has hazel eyes.
Personality: Is very loud, and hates to be ignored. He is slow to make decisions, perhaps too slow. Despite this, he is very impatient. He is also smart and often doesn't make sense. That be a strange combo.
Powers: He can read thoughts, and can communicate through them.
Pets: He has a Lillipup named Harvey.
Group: Good

Last edited:

Name: daikonpan
Sex GENDER: A mystery. (Sex is also a mystery, but that's nobody's business.)
Appearance: Skinny, 5'6", prone to wandering around wearing brightly-coloured blankets a cloak, easily identifiable as being the best/worst dressed person in the room when less blanket'd. Think rainbows. Rainbows and neon and obnoxious colour choices. Split complementary is always good.
Personality: MYSTERIOUS. MYSTERIOUS AS ALL HELL. Only ... not. Has an ego the size of Belgium; sulks if suspected of being insufficiently mysterious.
Powers: Moderator. 8) Also teleportation. But mostly moderator.
Pets: A venonat. It's slightly bigger than most venonat. One day it will grow to destroy Tokyo and start a lucrative career in kaiju films, but this is not that day.
Relationship: ... moderator.
Group: ... is 'moderator' an answer to this too.

Name: I liek Squirtles

Appearance: (2017 is my 12th grade grad year, so I'll describe me like that) Tall, skinny with shaggy brown hair. Walks around with a backpack that says ''I'm an ASBer!'' in faded letters. Wears an orange collared shirt, with jeans and blue shoes.

Personality: Somewhat timid, sometimes doesn't make sense. Very intelligent and creative. Also, great at strategic tactics and stuff. Often stays quite and always has tears in his eyes, since the destruction of ASB.

Powers: Can communicate with Pokémon telepathically, handyman.

Pets: Mr. Turtle the Blastoise and Luke Skywalker the Beheeyem. His other four are Cave Canem the Arcanine, Baskin Robbins the Vanilluxe, Roosevelt the Ursaring, and Le Fantôme de l'Opéra the Gengar. The others are at home.

Relationship: Friends with everyone, except the evil group. But he would really like a girlfriend...

Group: Good group

Last edited:

I remember doing this, and it was fun, so how about another go? I need to get back into roleplaying anyway.

Name: Mad MOAI, goes by Moai
Appearance: Moai is relatively tall and slim, at a height of 167 cm (5'5"). She has a round face and circular grayish-cyan eyes. Her hair is long and the color of french toast, although she usually keeps it back in a ponytail. She hates tight clothes and jeans and as a result will usually wear a combination of a dark-colored long sleeved shirt, a fuzzy jacket of a similar shade, and matching dark sweatpants. Strangely, Moai prefers to go barefoot if she can get away with it.
Personality: Moai will do about anything for a good snack, although her favorite food is pear. When possible, she prefers using teamwork to solve a team predicament. She has a strong sense of justice and a sharp wit, although she's not good at speaking aloud and tends to stutter or say "um" a lot. Moai is artistic and somewhat humorous, but she holds grudges easily, so try not to make her too mad or you may regret it because she may stop talking to you. Despite this, Moai tends to be energetic and hates sitting down for too long, so don't be surprised if she starts spontaneously dancing.
Powers: She can talk to her moai companion and use it like a Pokemon, but other than that she doesn't have any special powers. She's talented at coming up with song parodies on the spot, though.
Pets: A mad moai, Moai's namesake by the name of Mega. It's normally about the size of her head and levitates to follow her around, but when she's in trouble it grows to about seven feet tall. When the moai gets this big, though, it can't move very fast at all. It's really only good for smashing things, although it can use a technique similar to the move Flash. If attacked by a Pokemon, the moai is weak to Flying-type moves and resistant to Rock-type moves.
Group: Good all the way. (So far we've got no evil, but whatever)

Name:
Ulqi-chan, goes by Ulqi

Sex:
Female

Appearance:
Ulqi is a pale-skinned girl standing at 5'7. She has messy black hair with a dark purple-ish tint to it that reaches the end of her spinal cord, and there is a singular red highlight on her left side bang. Her eyes are an icy blue color, and her fingernails are painted black. Her usual attire consists of a short black dress with frilly lacing along the bottom and a corset-like chest, black and white striped leggings, black Converse knee highs and black and white striped fingerless gloves that reach her elbows.

Personality:
Ulqi is a bubbly, oblivious, carefree sort of person. She's not at all who you'd expect to be evil by any measures, seeing that she's so happy and cheery. She is naive and childish, and doesn't like to be alone. Her optimism and overall confidence in herself and her allies is unbreakable, and she is very stubborn and hardheaded. She tends not to see what's standing on her foot (a fancy term for the obvious), and feels only slightly foolish when realizing she completely missed the point of things. Ulqi also seems to zone-out after a while, and hums songs to herself rather loudly when she's thinking.
The reason she is indeed on the evil side of things, though, is because Ulqi was simply at the wrong place in the wrong time. Had she gone over to the good side, it is quite possible that her personality would be vastly changed.

Powers:
The completely unuseful technique of making a leek appear in her hand for the sole purpose of twirling it around. That's it. ;~;

Pets:
A KURIBOH. Yes. Nothing too noticeable about it, other than it's, well, Kuriboh-ish. He tends to float beside Ulqi, and occasionally rests on the top of her head. He has no designated name.

Relationship:
Open to anything, but nothing as of now.

Group:
Evil, for the most part.

Last edited:

I would like to reserve on the good side, please. Probably won't get enough time for a proper form until Saturday.

Name: Mai
Appearance: This has pictures as well as general things. About medium height, 5'4"; black hair, somewhat pale; wears red.
Personality: Mai is rather paradoxical at times. She can be intelligent, but tends to be airheaded and would rather just chat than think. However, she tends to get intimidated by new people and could easily just hole herself up in a small circle of people. She can be egotistical and quick to judge (deciding at this point to stick to her feelings), but tries to put that aside; her experience with mafia has decided to take power and now she plays chessmaster as best as she can. Which means floating around, being paranoid, making uneasy alliances and whatever else works. She's not a chessmaster by any definition of the word, but the thought of it amuses her to the point that she calls it her goal.

Currently, she's just trying to see what she can do to survive; if that involves taking power, then why not?
Pets: Among the ruins of Asber, Mai had many pokemon, but many of them were lost; now she takes along Novadea (a megalomaniac, but kind and protective of the team) and Azuraine (prickly, but loyal) for protection/intimidation. The rest of her salvaged ASB team has been smuggled away from the ruins and been placed in one location; a shady waste receptacle in a deserted alley of the Mafia forum. In the dumpster are several pokeballs, all of which are members of her team she was able to salvage; Angel (has lost weight, weakening his ability), Elise (a rather typical completely adorable kitten, but unskilled at battle), Falsage (adventurous and confident), and Daenerys (immune to heat at the expense of arena trap, and strongly linked with her currently dormant dragon type). The rest of her team perished or disappeared; she's not sure on all the specifics. (There are, however, rumors of escaped pokemon that she just can't put out of her mind...) The dumpster is marked with a scratched on, crooked "M" in the bottom-right corner. The pokeballs are all normal--red on top and white on the bottom.
Relationship: If anyone wants to!
Group: Neither, but willing to float to either side if it suits her.

How did Asber get destroyed? Can pokemon talk? Who sent out the leaders of the "good" side? I was thinking anyone could find the dumpster and take her pokemon for general fun; it's not protected or anything. If the team seems too much (I was hoping it wouldn't be, and I chose most of them because they didn't seem overly threatening), then I could cut another one. Or all of them.

Last edited:

Name: Mawile
Appearance: Mawile is tall for his age (around 5'7"), bony, pale, and slender, being a bit underweight for his age (95 pounds). He has red eyes and medium length brownish-red hair that reaches down to his neck and is curled up at the ends. His clothes consist of a black Portal 2 shirt, thin gray pants and an orange button-up unbuttoned flannel shirt with rolled up sleeves. His shoes are bright blue running shoes with vivid orange shoelaces and small white wings protruding from the sides.
Personality: Mawile is a sarcastic trickster who has a hyperactive mind that never ever stops going, typically leading to a constant need to be doing something just to keep it occupied. He is observant and creative, usually drawing when he's bored. He's also a pretty damn good thief and liar, usually stealing to see how much he can get away with and lying to keep himself out of trouble.
Powers: Mawile can fly using his winged shoes; but if somebody takes them, he'll be flightless. (The shoes can allow anybody to fly, though.) He can also communicate with electrical machines as long as he is touching them (not necessarily control them, just talk to them).
Pets: Alex the Shuppet - a hyper, cunning Shuppet who is also an absurdly good liar, very pessimistic, and loves to use sarcasm.
Relationship: none whatsoever.
Group: evil group.

Last edited:

I remember this. T'was in the 2nd one. I'll reserve for now.

Name: Zora

Appearance: Zora stands 5'6" and weighs about 110 lbs, so she is rather thin and spindly. She is very pale, and her hair shines a bright red color. She wears a bandanna around her head and dark turquoise, thick-rimmed glasses. Her usual outfit consists of a purple vest with a kitsune embroidered on the back, a pink cut-off, and simple blue jeans. She has one notable tattoo across her back of a white fox with nine tails in the colors of the rainbow, two on either hip (a crescent moon and a fox curled around a music note, respectively, are you seeing a pattern here) and a musical staff coiled around and down her arm. There is a scar across her left eye, and said eye looks extremely unnatural; it is a robotic eye. She doesn't like to talk about how she went about getting it.

Personality: Zora used to be a kind, open sweetheart, who, even if she didn't particularly like you, would always be willing to make compromise for the better to everyone. She used to live a happy life with her wife, Sable, in a small little love shack camped out of ASB.

Then it happened.

No one knows what happened for sure, but they know it took place when ASB was destroyed. What is clear is that their house went with it, Sable was dead, somehow she came out of the ordeal with a cyberkinetic eye and that she... had changed.

The changes were slow. She started growing more withdrawn and bitter toward most people. Her normally generous attitude started to change into that of one who would only act for herself. She started keeping more and more to close friends, and them only. She would lash out and snap at people who approached her, eventually outright attacking them in one notable case.

She was last sighted for sure shortly before the destruction of the spriting forum. The rumour mill has it that she's still alive, camping in an outpost in one of the razed areas, though no one knows for certain which one.

Nowadays her old self only shows when she's around close friends, though she still cannot bring herself to smile a true smile. She is angry, violent, and has not just one or two berserk buttons, but an entire berserk keyboard. She will only act on something if it benefits herself or her small group, and is in fact quite violent toward others... provided others even see her, of course.

Powers: Zora, true to her patron Pokemon Zoroark, holds the power of illusion. For a short time, say, about an hour, she can make herself appear as anyone she chooses. She may also appear as an object, but she can only hold this for 15 minutes at most so far. In addition, she carries a small knife with her at all times.

Pets: Chimani, a mainstay of the old ASB and its Dex Registry; a Zoritsune in fact. She is a Fire/Flying type and may use moves according to that type.

Relationship: Friend of Flareth's. Coloursfall is a friend and maybe one of the only other people to know for certain that she's still alive, as is Sunflower. Anyone else is open for request.

Group: It's difficult to say sometimes, but she certainly isn't a "good guy" by any stretch of the imagination... in fact, you could make the case that she is quite... twisted...

Last edited:

Name: Flareth

Appearance: Short brown hair and hazel eyes. She's around five foot. She wears a blue tunic with black leggings underneath. She either wears black boots or black moccasins with it. She has black-rimmed glasses.

Personality: She used to be a bit annoying, random, and somewhat ditzy. But when the ASB incident happened and Zora changed, she gained one more personality trait.

Vengeful. Trusting no one, except Zora. And she's got the means for revenge. All these traits together make for a wild ride.

She moves around the forum a lot, but was last seen in the Insanity labyrinth.

Powers: She has a portal gun and she's not afraid to use it. Also minor psychic powers. Like she can lift some objects a few feet in the air. And she's a master at the evil laugh.

Pets: None

Relationship: Best friend of Zora

Group: Evilish, but it's very hard to tell

Name: Lirris
Appearance: 6' 1", weighing about 220 lbs. Lirris is thickly built, and little chubby around the center, though hidden sufficiently whilst wearing his t-shirt, but overall doesn't matter much due to his strength. His brown hair is slightly grown in from a buzz cut, and thus requires no care. He has grey eyes and a thin moustache, as well as sparsely grown sideburns and beard. He wears a baggy blue t-shirt with the Winnipeg Jets logo emblazoned upon the chest, black jeans, and grey and black shoes. He is likely to keep a dark grey sweater with him at all times.
Personality: (I'd prefer to be PO, but...) Being ADD Lirris has a tendency to be odd, strange, and a little annoying at times. Often he can thoughtful and caring, but has a tad bit of a temper. Lirris is quick to judge, and not very good at paying attention in most situations, but can make freinds if he feels the person shares interests with him. He is also EXTREMELY imaginitive.
Powers: Amazing martial prowess with a warhammer, most notably Volendrung. Also possesses the ability to use three select dragon shouts; Unrelenting Force, Fire Breath, and Whirlwind Sprint.
Pets:

-Name: Spatz
-Species: Raichu
-Moveset: Volt Tackle/Brick Break/Iron Tail/Feint
-Personality: Spatz is playful, a bit of a goof, and finds it hard to take things seriously, but fights valiantly when the situation calls. Spatz is also surprisingly intelligent, and can often surprise others with well thought out strategies.
-Accessories: Spatz wears a black scarf made from an expert belt, as well as goggles.

-Name: Set
-Species: Weavile
-Moveset: Night Slash, Ice Punch, Brick Break, Fake Out
-Personality: Set’s personality is very hyper-active and upbeat. Set enjoys employing mixed combat strategies, and often bases them off of bass beats from dubstep, electronic house, and dance music. Set is also quite carefree and fun-loving, and has no problems about lazing about.
-Accessories: A ragged maroon scarf tied loosely around his neck, several scars at the base of his neck, bandages around his left ankle.

Relationship: -None yet-
Group: Good, as he cannot stand injustice or immoral acts.

:L I remember the second one oh dear that was kind of ugh.

Name: Dragon (or Windy)
Appearance:
Personality:
Powers:
Pets: nope
Relationship:
Group:

Back
Top Bottom