• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[GAME OVER] Super Random Mafia Game [ALIEN WIN]

Wargle

Dirty minds think alike~
The sun sets over LarryLand. Another murder. Te head detective believes that the people should be in harge of the case, as the killers are among them.

48 hours for night actions.

Last edited:
Re: Super Random Mafia Game

Actyally has been 56 hours but hey.

Day One
The townies of LarryLand wake up and go outside to see if anyone died. What they found, was gruesome. Crucifiend to the church, was the dead body of Flora and ashes. It was unclear how she died, but she had a cup in her hand. In her cup, was a pink liquid.
The Medical examiner stepped forward to examine it. "Brain matter." he declared. "A technique used by anceint Egyptians prior to mummifing a body, a long but narrow hook was inserted through the Nasal cavity, and up into the brain. The hook was moved around until the brain was destroyed, turned into the consistency of water. Then the body was tipped over and the brain flowed out through the ears into a cup. That is what happened here."

"Anything else?" asked the town inspector.

"Yes," replied the MD grimly, "Miss Flora was still alive when the brain was removed. Knocked out, but alive." Suddenly, a scream was heard from the guard's tower. A body fell out of it, a butterfly knife in its back. When everyone looked up, a figure was there, then smoke appeared around it and it disappeared.

Flora and Ashes is dead. She was Not Mafia.
[O] is dead. He was Not Mafia
24 Hours for discussion, or until a majority is reached.

Re: [DAY 1] Super Random Mafia Game

I think it's safe to assume that Flora was targeted in the night by the Mafia, but I can't tell what the hell happened to [O]. So far, I'm thinking they were the lovers and [O] committed suicide, but that doesn't make complete sense if the knife was in his back... Maybe a revenge kill for Flora?

(Actually the ear canals aren't connected to the brain cavity, so the brain juice can't come out of the ears.)

Anyway, yeah, I don't have any leads, but I don't want to start the first day abstain bandwagon. :x

((I never said that. The Medical Examiner said it. No one said he got his facts right))

They're not necessarily lovers or revenge deaths; couldn't the vigilante have killed the other one? There also may or may not still be a secret role in play that could have affected this.

Can we get confirmation on whether or not you decided to include the secret role, Brock?

((I never said that. The Medical Examiner said it. No one said he got his facts right))

If the Medical Examiner can get his facts wrong, does it follow that his examinations aren't useful as evidence? For instance could Flora have been overdosed and he's misinterpreting the medicine left behind as internal fluids?

((No, her brain really is out and in the cup. Ancient Heiroglyphs do show the brain flowing from the ears though.))

((And I did include the hidden roles. There are two of them. All I will say now.))

[O] coul've been killed by mafia too. And I have no idea what to do either.

Alright, Flora's crucified with her brains in a cup and [O] has been stabbed in the back. I think it's pretty safe to say they were both murdered. If the two hidden roles could kill, they probably would have, and there's really no reason for the vigilante not to have used his night action, especially with so long to decide who to hit with it.

I think it follows, then, that the lovers and BFFs are still alive and well, and the hidden roles if they can kill at least have some restrictions that prevented them from doing it now. It could be the case that there were extra kills that were blocked or that the mafia targeted an alien, but that seems unlikely.

That doesn't really tell us who to lynch, but we have a little more information than most groups do on day one.

I hate day one. there are no leads, and people try to dissect everything, just to find one. What I think is that, if there have been two murders, then I assume there are two mafia factions. (Which makes sense, considering the large number of players.)

so.... don't know what to do. any suggestions, people?

I hate day one. there are no leads, and people try to dissect everything, just to find one. What I think is that, if there have been two murders, then I assume there are two mafia factions. (Which makes sense, considering the large number of players.)

With Fishing Brothers, Lovers, the Mafia, two hidden roles, and a Vigilante in the game, do we really need to make up any other reasons for death?

It's true that there are a lot of players and that we don't know every role, but I don't think a second murder has to mean a second mafia faction.

so.... don't know what to do. any suggestions, people?

We'll either have to abstain, choose someone at random, or decide some arbitrary thing someone said is suspicious. Abstaining means we might get more clues tomorrow, especially if we can get this many murders on the first day, but it also means extra time for the bad guys to kill more innocents.

Because of that, I sort of think it would be best to let the discussion play out and see what happens, and then choose at random if no one's particularly suspicious.

First I thought there might be two Mafia factions, but I'd forgotten that there was a Vigilante in the game. So I'm thinking the deaths were probably caused by the Mafia and the Vigilante, like others have said.

I guess we'll just watch the discussion and see if we get any leads.

Eleven roles plus the "Wannabe" Mafioso(s) (however many of them there are) plus the two "secret" roles, equals 14+ roles with a night action. (I would guess 16 roles, meaning 3 Wannabes, since the signup indicated 14 players necessary, and this was presumably before the two "secret" roles were added. Or maybe I'm thinking too hard.) Twenty players less sixteen roles makes four left over with unindicated and unimplied night action possibilities. I'm guessing either there are generic "sheep" roles with no night actions, or some of the Innocent (or "Wannabe" Mafiosos) are doubled.

I have nothing to say so I make random analyses

Posting anything is more interesting than sitting around wondering what to do, even if you're just counting roles.

We don't have a really terrible chance with random lynch, do we? We've got a bare minimum of three mafia-aligned bad guys, probably more as Jack pointed out, due to the large number of participants. There's also probably not an activated alien, which means they would be safe to kill, as would the lovers. We also don't really need Corrupt Cops; they're not innocent aligned, but they're not really with us.

That's 7/20 minimum, which is already not terrible, and then add in extra Wannabes and sheep roles...

So I guess the question is if we don't get any other ideas today, what kind of strategy should we use as to choosing people? Other groups seem to like lynching someone who isn't participating, but that isn't really fair on day one when no one has anything to say, and it never seems to get them anywhere.

Hiikaru said:
We also don't really need Corrupt Cops; they're not innocent aligned, but they're not really with us.

Am I the only person that finds that sentence both off-putting and suspicious?

Kind of. But that might be an alien thing too, like Kam was in Mirrormen.

Well, I don't know what we should do either. The first day usually has no real leads, however I'm also a bit suspicious of Hiikaru.

That's certainly an interesting slip alright. But as was noted, Kam did something similar in Mirrormen and would have won if he hadn't started gloating about it.

They're... not really with us, though, are they? They'll win with us, but they would prefer to get their own win, and in the meantime they can't do anything useful unless they're decent players. I'm not thinking that they're bad so much as that we don't really need them; so if we hit them with random lynch, it's not a huge loss, like if it's not a loss to hit a sheep player (someone with a generic role).

I hate to bring this up while I'm defending myself, but I think we only have three hours left (going down as I write this) and I meant to say it when I woke up anyway. [O] and Flora both seem fairly experienced ([O] is new to the forum but he's hosting a game) - does that indicate an experienced mafia? I don't really want to pick one of the other experienced people to lynch in case they're innocent, just something I'm thinking about.

The other thing I wanted to mention was that I think I have a logical choice for a lynch here. I'd rather if someone else came up with something, obviously, but it's first day and I guess that freaks people out. Demonickittens seems to act the same in all mafia threads, posting as little as possible, band-wagoning, and just generally not contributing anything useful to the discussion. Suspicious? Not necessarily, they do it in every thread. However, this is even when they're innocent - they never contribute. I imagine that killing someone who doesn't contribute isn't much of a loss even if they turn out to be innocent, and they could be mafia.

I suppose we could abstain, but if we keep getting two deaths per night, that seems like a scary idea. I know the vigilante's on our side, but what that really means is that he's just as blind as we are.

Therefore, I'm voting demonickittens. Unless anyone has anything against that. But come on, we can't just abstain after two murders on the first day.

(random.org chose [O] and Jack respectively, but Jack doesn't strike me as a bad guy just yet)

Back
Top Bottom