• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Games and/or game series that should be revived...

Storm Earth and Fire

Would you like to make a contract?
A quick check revealed that there haven't been any recent threads about this, surprisingly...

What do you think should be brought back from the dead? Or receive a massive facelift to bring it out of oblivion? What old title deserves a sequel?

I'll start with what inspired this thread, Capcom vs. SNK. (or vice versa) There have only been 3 real fighting games in the series, and now Capcom and SNK have said that they probably won't be cooperating for another one. However, I have read that Capcom may develop a third one, (Capcom did 2 and SNK did 1) so there's hope. As for why, well I love Marvel vs. Capcom, but I always thought Capcom vs. SNK was more stylish and played better, more like a 2D fighter 'should' play, probably because it is a crossover of two companies with strong fighting game heritages. They rereleased Marvel vs. Capcom 2, maybe they'll rerelease Capcom vs. SNK 2001...

More to come as I think of them...

Kid Icarus. Now. They said it was in production but we've heard nothing since. The recent "Icarian" game just rubs it in further. Also I was appalled to hear no Starfox at E3.

A quick check revealed that there haven't been any recent threads about this, surprisingly...

What do you think should be brought back from the dead? Or receive a massive facelift to bring it out of oblivion? What old title deserves a sequel?

I'll start with what inspired this thread, Capcom vs. SNK. (or vice versa) There have only been 3 real fighting games in the series, and now Capcom and SNK have said that they probably won't be cooperating for another one. However, I have read that Capcom may develop a third one, (Capcom did 2 and SNK did 1) so there's hope. As for why, well I love Marvel vs. Capcom, but I always thought Capcom vs. SNK was more stylish and played better, more like a 2D fighter 'should' play, probably because it is a crossover of two companies with strong fighting game heritages. They rereleased Marvel vs. Capcom 2, maybe they'll rerelease Capcom vs. SNK 2001...

More to come as I think of them...

oh my fucking god, bringing back Capcom vs. SNK is exactly what's been in my mind for the last five years. I honestly think they could've brought anything other than Marvel vs. Capcom 2 back; it's the worst fighting game I've ever played. The same goes for the rest of the Marvel vs. series... I really liked the Groove system in 2001... N-Groove and K-Groove all the way for me. A-Groove was awesome too.

Honestly though, I'd like to SNK give it another go; SNK vs. Capcom wasn't that great, and the only real reason I played it was to use Zero.

As for series that need to be revived.... Darkstalkers, and Power Stone are in dire need of revival. Darkstalkers 3 is amazing, and Power Stone 2 is the best party game evar

I would also love to see a Shadow Hearts 3, but I can't see that happening, seeing as though it's kinda stuck in a bit of a licensing hell... Wild ARMs has also been very quiet for the last two years now... And I'd be pleased to see a new Galerians; they didn't do as much as they could have with Galerians, and the sequel was kinda... Meh. They could do so much more with it, but it's been so quiet ever since :Ash came out. dot Hack could also do to give us something to let us know it's alive.

As for series that need to be revived.... Darkstalkers, and Power Stone are in dire need of revival. Darkstalkers 3 is amazing, and Power Stone 2 is the best party game evar
IMO, Power Stone is what Super Smash Bros. should be. Definitely my favorite party game.
アルセウス七;322559 said:
Sonic... just so much potential, such crappy games.

It just needs a good kick in the ass... I mean, in a good way, you know?

I would kind of like to see a prequel or remake to Legend of Dragoon. I thought it was a really fun game, and it seemed like it was pretty popular, so I hope one day that it might be revived. A sequel would suck, but a prequel following the journey of the past Dragoons might be really interesting.

Kid Icarus. Now. They said it was in production but we've heard nothing since. The recent "Icarian" game just rubs it in further. Also I was appalled to hear no Starfox at E3.

Kid Icarus was a Metroid wannabe that lacked the openness and re-exploring that comes with Metroidvanias. I can't see why everybody wants another one.

In fact, nobody would care if Pit wasn't put in Brawl...

Nintendo needs to make a new F-Zero. I figured they'd make it as soon as the Wii Wheel was announced, but we haven't gotten anything on it yet.

Oh yeah, and while it's not really a revival, Kirby needs a game for the Wii. Kirby 64 was cool, so why can't we get a similar game?

Normally, I'd shout "GOLDEN SUN!!!," but luckily Golden Sun DS has become a reality.

Jumping Flash for the PS1, one of the first games for the system. I lived off of this game back in the day. It had one sequel that I have yet to hunt down. You play as a robot rabbit that collects jet-fuel filled carrots, fights frogs wearing tophats, and takes an invincibility pill that makes the screen strobe with rainbow patterns. How can you go wrong with that? I would love to see a new JF game, even though it'd probably be on the PS3...

Jumping Flash for the PS1, one of the first games for the system. I lived off of this game back in the day. It had one sequel that I have yet to hunt down. You play as a robot rabbit that collects jet-fuel filled carrots, fights frogs wearing tophats, and takes an invincibility pill that makes the screen strobe with rainbow patterns. How can you go wrong with that? I would love to see a new JF game, even though it'd probably be on the PS3...

This.

Up until now, I have only known one person other than myself who knows what Jumping Flash is.

Also, I just remembered: Breath of Fire. It's one of the few things Capcom did right, and didn't fuck over outside of Mega Man, but like all of their other awesome series, just became kinda forgotten... We haven't seen a single Breath of Fire since Breath of Fire V came out on the PS2 so long ago... And it wasn't even as good as 2 or 3 ;~;

IMO, Power Stone is what Super Smash Bros. should be. Definitely my favorite party game.

Sorry if I disagree with you, but I personally think Smash should stay 2D. They do use the z-axis in Brawl, but making it a full 3D fighting game? Then it wouldn't be Smash.

As for game series? Genesis style Sonic the Hedgehog. Sonic Advance was close, but I doubt anything could top Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Knuckles. That is THE definitive Sonic game, in my opinion. They really need to make another game like it.

Also, a true Budokai 4 would be nice. Infinite World was okay, but it was lacking a few characters, didn't have the World Tournament mode, and was a bit broken. Watch this video and tell me Teen Gohan isn't cheap.

Wii needs Kirby. NOW!

Sorry if I disagree with you, but I personally think Smash should stay 2D. They do use the z-axis in Brawl, but making it a full 3D fighting game? Then it wouldn't be Smash.

It's not so much that Smash should be in three dimensions (It's still kinda lame as a wannabe 2D fighter), but the items. Most of the items in Smash suck. In Power Stone 2, you had to find the items, buy them, or synthesize them to get the better ones. Super Smash Bros. does not have a tennis racket, fire works, a tranquilizer gun, roller blades, an extending pole, or a bear trap. But it should.

also lol for random mega buster item in Power Stone 2.

This world also needs more Rival Schools, and Virtual-On. And twin-sticks to go with Virtual-On. With a new Rival Schools, there's potential for more random fighting styles; The Gorin High School team always kicked ass, seeing as though they fought using whatever was used in the sport that they played. I always take joy in slamming Shoma's obnoxiously large metal bat in my opponent's gut.

I'd also like to see Sega do another game similar to Evolution. And they need to do something about Jet Set Radio and Space Channel 5. NAO.

Skies of Arcadia. I don't know if it could do with a sequel, but we need something. That game was too cool to just be a one-off.

Sega's at least acknowledged the existence of Skies; Vyse and Aika are unlockable in Valkyria Chronicles.

I'd say that's a step further than most other forgotten franchises.

I dunno about the rest of you, but I'd like a new Dungeon Siege, preferably one that doesn't end with your McGuffin getting stolen right at the end. You don't find out what happens to Aranna unless you buy the expansion pack.

Maybe it something set during the First Age, during the war between Azunai and Zaramoth. And you could play as a Skath. 83

EDIT: I must be psychic or something. Chris Taylor announced that there'll be a third game, but it's going to focus on one person rather than a party.

Well if it wasn't for the upcoming game I would probably scream and shout, "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU NINTENDO?!?!? MAKE SOME MORE FRIGGIN 2-D GAMES FOR THE HOME CONSOLE, which hasn't been done in a while! DO IT! WHO IS TELLING YOU OTHERWISE?!?!? DANGIT, MARIO, SONIC (since sega has fallen in the hands of nintendo and is currently making games of that), KID ICARUS, KIRBY, ETC!

But luckily my mario gap has been filled with the upcoming game, which has been pre-ordered. :grin: So i'm fine!

Has it ever struck you guys odd that there aren't any games on the console for pokemon? I mean, sure, they have the Colliseum and stuff but like in the sense of Emerald and Diamond? I mean, with the memory and avaidibility of graphics, they could make a pretty awesome packed game for the Wii! You know what I mean?

Oh, and it seems the smash bros. team is in the works of another smash bros. They've recently shut down the submittion team for brawl so, maybe their in the works of another? Probably just me but they've never done a sequel to a mario 3-D game before, and there in the works of one now.

We need a Mother 4.
And Mother 1 & 3 (in English).

As for Sonic, couldn't they make a new 16-bit game for WiiWare? I mean, they did that with Mega Man 9, and everyone loves it. And there would be less of a chance for it to be a piece of crap like pretty much everything after the Genesis because it's 16-bit.

It isn't exactly a game series that's dead, but I don't like it how games based on films. The Harry Potter games, for example, come out around the same time as the films. The newest games have the most up to date graphics and are generally better games due to them being longer and all that. While I haven't seen a Philosopher's Stone game that was that good. I have a copy for the Playstation, and I loved it, but with todays technology they could make it much better, longer and could avoid this really annoying glitch where after a race with Peeves he would get stuck.

I don't usually care about graphics, but with games that came out back then anyway, like the original Mario games, they were just made and better graphics weren't available. Some of them are remade too. With Harry Potter games and similar ones, the earlier ones are doomed to be inferior to the newer ones in terms of graphics. While the same could be said about the films, as special effects are constantly getting better, it's hardly worth mentioning, really.

I'm just saying I think they should remake the older games eventually, to go with the newest.

No one said Dungeon Keeper? Wow...

And a new Warcraft. None of the Wow, just a Warcraft 4. I couldn't care less if they got rid of all the WoW story and shit.

And a new Warcraft. None of the Wow, just a Warcraft 4. I couldn't care less if they got rid of all the WoW story and shit.

Yes! Do want. One of my favorite PC games is Warcraft 2, but I haven't had the chance to play 3 yet.

It's still kinda lame as a wannabe 2D fighter

:freaked:

That's the appeal of Smash. The characters don't have built in combos, you instead can link attacks together to form all kinds of combos. And personally find trying to knock your opponent off the stage better than trying to reduce their health.

Back
Top Bottom