• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Girl Scout song lyrics?

Xelac

Good for you.
I know this song from Girl Scout camp, but I don't know what its called or how it goes entirely.

I know that it begins like this:

Land of the silver birch,
Home of the beaver,
(something about a moose?)
Freely at will,
Blue lake and rocky shore,
I will return once more,
We are the Quapaw,
We are the Quapaw Tribe

This has been bugging me for a while. Does anyone know how this song goes, what it's called, or how I can find it?

:D

We sing a variation of this song at my summer camp, except we use the lyricss

Boom didi yada
Boom didi yada
oooooo

Instead of using "We are the quapaw tribe"

...Oh my god I never expected this thread to ever come up. But now my heart is a-fluttering with nostalgia.

Ehehehe I did that song too at my old camp. It was the "theme song' to one of the little campsites, only the version there was:

"Land of the silver birch,
Home of the beaver,
There where the mighty moose
Wanders at will...
BLUE LAKE AND ROCKY SHORE
I WILL RETURN ONCE MORE
BOOM DIDI YADA
BOOM DIDI YADA
BOOM DIDI YADA
BOOM!

...Oh god. Excuse me for a second. *goes to dance giddily in childhood memories for a bit*

We did something with that song (the boom-didi-yada version) practically every year in music class when I was in elementary school, with much emphasis on how Canadian a song it was. I'm a little surprised to learn that people sing it in other countries, though not nearly on the same scale as when I learned Tim Horton's exists in parts of the US.

We sing a song with that tune at GS Camp! It goes like this:

I love the mountains
I love the rolling hills
I love the flowers
I love the daffodils
I love the fireside
When all the lights are low
Boom-de-yada
Boom-de-yada
Boom-de-yada
Boom-de-yada

I'm pretty sure we stole it from somewhere, but it fits.

We sing a song with that tune at GS Camp! It goes like this:

I love the mountains
I love the rolling hills
I love the flowers
I love the daffodils
I love the fireside
When all the lights are low
Boom-de-yada
Boom-de-yada
Boom-de-yada
Boom-de-yada

I'm pretty sure we stole it from somewhere, but it fits.

And now I remember three years ago, when we tried to make a forum-wide cover of the original, but failed miserably.

At our camp we also made a harmony part to it. It's really pretty. I've done the harmony more than the original, so I've mostly forgotten the original tune.

Thanks guys, I didn't expect to get this many answers. I guess since this was the song for our Quapaw thing, we changed the 'boom-didi-yada' or whatever part to make it fit.

It's a Canadian song? I'm surprised it made it all the way south to Arkansas. That makes it a little more awesome!

Back
Top Bottom