• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Hamburgers?

Phyro Phantom

Peanut Butter Warrior
Did anyone else catch this?

I was watching the Animé dub this morning like usual, when suddenly, I see Ash, Dawn, and Brock sitting on pillows by a low table in the usual traditional Japanese fashion that they always use in the animé... eating hamburgers. o_O Yes, hamburgers... well... They looked kinda out-of-place, but I couldn't really tell if it was a paint edit or not. The scene was short, but if it was modified, it must've taken quite a bit of work, since they would've had to replace the food for three different people over several frames in a scene that lasts about 40 seconds. (Which is quite a bit of frames when you think about it.) Has anyone seen the Japanese version, or have screenshots? I would like to know if this another one of those "rice balls" cover up things, or if the Japanese producers finally gave in and just used American food.

Sadly, I have no screenshots from the dub to prove my point, but anyone who saw it on Cartoon Network this morning should know what I'm talking about.

Edit: Well, apparently, it wasn't an edit.. just an oddity. I've never seen hamburgers in the animé before. o.o According to some guy on this forum.

lol did they use a frigging photograph for the cracker or something?
And the sandwich the Ivysaur ate... I love how it was only one image and they just made it rotate and stuff to make it move.

Nobody would ever notice, 4Kids.

As for the actual topic of hamburgers and not being an edit, but actually in the original Japanese version... I don't really care that "omg Japanese people are putting American food on their show how come!", I'm more concerned about what they're made of.

miltank.jpg
Mooooo.

Please, these are hamburgers we're talking about. They probably contain more Raticate and Skuntank than anything else.

Wow, this is what I get from starting a random thread and not checking on it for a day. xD Sorry for the confusion guys... I was just kinda creeped out by the hamburgers - I didn't really mean anything that bad about it, and I originally posted it because I thought it was an edit. I just decided not to delete the post... as for what they're made of... I really don't wanna go there. >_> Maybe they were veggie burgers? xD

It's quite possible that they are made from cows.

Magic cows that Kadabra produce using mainly sporks with a touch of cocoa.

Actually, now that you think about it, its not that crazy that they could make it out of miltank. I mean, In one of the first season episodes, Professer oak mentions eating a krabby that gary caught. So obviously people eat pokemon. Besides, what else are magikarp good for?

You know, since magikarp can only learn splash and tho level them up you have to put them in the breeding center, its better just to catch a gyrados. But Now that I think about it, if we ate all the magikarp there would be none left to evolve into gyrados...

Maybe there's a link to the real world and the Pokemon world....so the burgers and stuff are made from our cows and such....

Dumb idea, but it can work.

Back
Top Bottom